Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will blizz ever lower epic flying mount cost again?

Any one think that Billz will lower the epic flying mount cost in cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, I'm no beta tester but, I recall a blue stating that the cost of flying would come down with Cata. Don't quote me but, I'm like 99% sure. Something to do with it being a necessity now, rather than a convenience.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

15+ Year Old Account
    You know its not that hard to get 4k gold now...stop being lazy and go earn it like the rest of us did.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Probably not, you can get it for 4.5kg now, which is 500g less than it used to be. Just save up man, I got lucky on 2 of my toons. On my dk, i sold an argent tournament pet when they first came out, rakedion roughly 3.5k, then just grinded that last 1.5kg. On my druid, I got really lucky and sold an ICC druid healer BoE belt for 4.5kg to a friend of mine, and i already had the other 500g in my pocket. All the other toons just had to grind. It will take a little while, honestly, do the Argent Tournament dailies, and the Sons of Hodir dailies as much as you can, it rakes up at a decent rate.
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidur View Post
    Now, I'm no beta tester but, I recall a blue stating that the cost of flying would come down with Cata. Don't quote me but, I'm like 99% sure. Something to do with it being a necessity now, rather than a convenience.
    It was always necessary. Remember Tempest Keep, Ice Crown and Storm Peaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    What is this...I dont even...

Epic flying is not required for Tempest Keep, Icecrown, or Storm Peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Tempest keep, sucked to be you, but you could still be summoned to the instances.
    RE: Storm Peaks and Ice Crown though, there is a loaner wing rider you can get at K3.

But yeah... epic flying is not normal flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamandrac View Post
    You know its not that hard to get 4k gold now...stop being lazy and go earn it like the rest of us did.
    You know, your kind of a dick dude. All he asked was do we think they will ever lower it. He wasn't complaining or nerd raging about the price, it was simply a question. And I'm sure nobody wants to pay 5kg for it on every alt. It would be kinda nice if they did lower the price. And genius, the lowest it can go is 4.5kg at exalted. Maybe other people don't have the time to farm for 12 hours a day to make gold. You might, other people likely don't.
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

You can buy it for 4k gold. Not just 4.5k! If you're exalted with the starting area in borean tundra you can buy it for 1000 less gold. Quote me on this because i've bought the epic flyer discounted on 2 chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it; getting the money is stupid easy now. Then again, I thought the same thing about epic ground mounts when they had their cost reduced, and look at them now.

Shoot, I got the gold just from the process of leveling from 70-80, just don't waste your gold one stupid stuff and you'll get it. Its not like you need to really gem anything or buy enchants or whatever till you're 80 and actually working with gear you'll be keeping for awhile. There is absolutely nothing to spend your gold on from 70-80 and the quests to level up in that gap plus the raid drops will net that much gold in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blizz said they would only reduce the cost of epic flying if they introduced a higher skill of flying. SO my guess is no they won't reduce the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Tempest keep, sucked to be you, but you could still be summoned to the instances.
    RE: Storm Peaks and Ice Crown though, there is a loaner wing rider you can get at K3.

Yes. Sorry. I meant flying mounts.

You could get summoned to TK, but you need a lock. Not every group had a lock back in TBC. Also, try flying around in the slow mount you get from K3. It will take you so much time to get from place to place, that you will either stop leveling in zones or stop leveling all together.

So, yea, epic flying mount is pretty much a necessity according to me.

As someone already said. 4k-5k gold is not hard to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

I know 4-5kg isnt hard to make im only asking cause im going to buy epic flyin on the char im going to lvl first in cata and i dont want to buy it no and see that blizz lowered the price when cata comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post

Actually you couldn't be summoned for most of BC...

You couldn't be summoned into Tempest Keep or any of the Tempest Dungeons for that matter for most of the duration of TBC. It was only towards the end they changed it.
    Quote:
    When have I eva been able to reach a mage? He just freeze me, blink, freeze himself, make big dragonhead and confuse me, blink etc etc.

It's already cheap. It takes a week at most of casual farming to get enough for epic flying. We have enough things being handed to us on a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzulu View Post
    Any one think that Billz will lower the epic flying mount cost in cataclysm?
    Not the gold cost, no. It's 4k atm, and that is plenty cheap.

However, as any goblin will tell you (if you click 'em enough) - Time is Money.

It's a safe bet that gold will be easier to come by in cata, as it has gotten easier to come by in every expansion. So it will take less time to get that 4k in cata (we can assume) than it does now.

If you're deciding to buy it on your main or wait, buy it. Buy it now. If you are considering it for an alt, and you are a little low on gold, maybe just wait and grind that gold on your main in cata. Of course, there ain't much to do in game atm other than grind gold...

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Quote Originally Posted by janett1 View Post
    You couldn't be summoned into Tempest Keep or any of the Tempest Dungeons for that matter for most of the duration of TBC. It was only towards the end they changed it.
    Probably reduce current epic flying but make the 310% flying something like 10k. A lot of money for a small speed increase, but you know it'll bug you until you buy it