Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegar View Post
    Not the gold cost, no. It's 4k atm, and that is plenty cheap.

However, as any goblin will tell you (if you click 'em enough) - Time is Money.

It's a safe bet that gold will be easier to come by in cata, as it has gotten easier to come by in every expansion. So it will take less time to get that 4k in cata (we can assume) than it does now.

If you're deciding to buy it on your main or wait, buy it. Buy it now. If you are considering it for an alt, and you are a little low on gold, maybe just wait and grind that gold on your main in cata. Of course, there ain't much to do in game atm other than grind gold...
    I mean i have plenty gold to buy it now so i guess ill go buy it now but if the lower the price in cata im going to be pissed :P

You can get 13 gold from level 78 quests when you are level 80. This might be pulled up to roughly 20 gold for level 85 quests when you are level 85. 200 quests and bingo, and that is without greens you get from the quests, gold drops from mobs and grey vendor crap.

Deleted
    QQ more.. then they probably will8)

Remember when flying was actually expensive?

They shouldn't. Gold really is easy to acquire now. Granted you have to actually put some effort into it, but not at all hard.

All 5 of my 80's have epic flying. Even my lv.72. Only one of my toons do I raid with, the rest are best equipped in 232-245 Badge/Dungeon Gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    They likely will not reduce it from the base cost of 5k. But they also will not make the upgrade to 310% flying horrendously overpriced. Chances are that so-called epic flying (officially, Artisan Riding) will be stuck at 4-5k (depending on reputation), and super-epic flying (Master Riding) will be a small upgrade at 1.5-2k.

There will be plenty of other goldsinks in Cataclysm. No need to make the minor flying upgrade expensive.

I would just purchase epic flying for whichever toons you want to have it and just shrug your shoulders if they do go and lower the price. I'm absolutely terrible at making gold in this game. Been playing the AH game for about two weeks now and am still at under 10k gold. It's really hard going when you get enchants undercut to less than the mat cost, epic gem cuts flood the market and at no profitable markup from raw gems, and other professions seem like a dead-end and more of an auction house cost than a successful way to turn a profit.

Anyway, my point is, that despite that, and despite being a casual player, I bit the bullet each time and just gave my alts epic flying. My hunter is the odd one out, but I don't want to fork out the money for him while I'm still struggling to get a handle on this auction house profiteering. Maybe my luck will change and I will start earning money on my investments and profession turning; then I'll feel justified about spending 5k gold for the seventh time.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 5k gold, how bad are you with gold?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Nay to lowering the price of anything on continuously inflating server economies. Yea to giving us more unnecessary but cool gold sinks.