Thread: Wall of Fire

Wall of Fire

I was looking at the cata talents and spells again for my mage.

I noticed that as frost you have a talent to make the Flame Orb spell into Frostfire orb that also slows.

Now I was thinking how about a talent that would make the new Curtain of Frost into a Fire (or frostfire) wall.
    I think it would be pretty nice to have a firewall that will burn enemy's and leave a dot much like the fire patches in the first phase of the heroic Northrend beast encounter (bit longer of course otherwise it wouldn't be much of a wall).

In case of a fire wall the slow would of course be removed but like I said leaves a decent dot effect in addition to some damage when a person walks though it like the current frost version.

For single target the damage would not be enough to use it but when there are a new adds in a boss encounter it might be good to use.

(Yes I know we have flamestrike and they would be very similar but I still think it would be nice to have)

Sorry if my English is bad but it's not my native language.
    justicars.blogspot.com All info you need for tanking as a cleric and more
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    Yes I know flamestrike

Deleted
    I would assume the point is to slow at least from the blue descriptions of the spell. They said it would be a way to crowd control. If they intend to keep it that way converting to just another fire aoe ability seems slightly pointless to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm speccing fire, but i would still use the original with the slow effect =P

Considering Fire already has Flamestrike, Blastwave (now targetable), Dragon's Breath, and Living Bomb I don't think they need another AoE spell added to their arsenal.

I agree that it would be redundant but it would be awesome to see

Meh the point of curtain of frost and a couple other abilities that were originally posed in cata is to make positioning and area control interesting and important in some situations. With solar beam and smoke bomb you can either make people come to you or deny people places you dont want them to be, and with curtain of frost you can change the movement dynamics of a given situation. Imagine trying to catch a pillar humping healer in pvp by dropping a curtain in front of them, they either have to move out and away from the pillar into open ground to avoid the slow or you get to catch up moving around the pillar. Its a great interesting tactical spell. I think converting it to a simple damage ability totally defeats the purpose. Or hell in an instance like say HoR with a warrior tank, if the rogue dropped a smoke bomb on the party everything would have to come running over to the tank instead of having to los pull, would make things more manageable without being required. Its interesting applications like that they are trying to foster.
    Last edited by Mixelphlick; 2010-08-03 at 12:01 AM. Reason: clarity
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i'm speccing fire, but i would still use the original with the slow effect =P
    This. Far too similar to flamestrike to any chance of happening, really don't think its needed.