Can an addon give you two macros on one hotkey?

I'm looking for an addon that will allow me to place two macros on a single hotkey. I'm not looking for one that plays two macros on the same key press, however. I'm looking for something that works like this:

Press button one: Macro 1 fires
    Hold alt and press button one: Macro 2 fires.

Is this possible? And does it exist?

Make the two macros, put them somewhere random and make another macro that activates the two at the same time. There's a macro command to acrivate buttons but I forgot it.
    Something like
    Macro1 on button 1:Bla bla
    Macro2 on button 2 Blah Blah

Macro3 on button 3:
    /clickactionbutton1
    /clickactionbutton2

And I guess you can add a modifier to that .

Oh you clever shrew.

---------- Post added 2010-07-27 at 10:02 AM ----------

But, uh, how do I add modifiers to that?

---------- Post added 2010-07-27 at 10:22 AM ----------

Aha! Done it, with a little help from this bit of code: "/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName())" Just hover that over a button you want the ID of. In my case it was BT4Button109. Then just use a macro like

/click [mod:alt] BT4Button110; BT4Button109

Glad you figured it out

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just curious, what macros are you using that require you to have the intermediary step? They can't be more complicated than simple click and it does stuff macros, and it would seem less complicated to just make one macro for the entire process.

Deleted
    What exactly are your macros doing?
    You could do for example for spell casts:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:alt]spell1; spell2
    and only use 1 button.

I presumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he's trying to use two separate macros that if they tried to be put together with the mod:alt stuff, would be over 255 chars.
    An easy example I can think of is having two different rogue-poison applying macros, one for BGs and one for PvE, and it would be easier and would fit if you could alt-bind BGs and normal bind the PvE macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I presumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he's trying to use two separate macros that if they tried to be put together with the mod:alt stuff, would be over 255 chars.
    An easy example I can think of is having two different rogue-poison applying macros, one for BGs and one for PvE, and it would be easier and would fit if you could alt-bind BGs and normal bind the PvE macro.
    Speaking for myself, if I needed to code a macro that will activate other macros via alt keys, I'm better off with a small, light addon. For poisons I use a very small one with two buttons that show when one isn't detected, and allows me to apply my PVE poison with leftclick and PVP with rightclick. Just my preference though.

I would think you'd be better off just adding in a new alt+keybind to an alternate action bar and put the second macro there. IE if you want macroA on 5 then put it there, put macro B on an alternate bar and set that slot to alt+5. if its not going to be hotkeyed anyway but clicked I see no reason not to just put both macros on an alternate bar next to eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Actually theres a single poison application macro under 255 characters that lets you apply any poison via using a modifier for each type of poison and btn1 and btn2 for MH OH. Would post the macro but my wow accnt is inactive atm.

Also I think theres an addon that lets you extend the max length of macros.
    Last edited by Bricolage; 2010-07-28 at 06:12 AM.
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

There is indeed bricolage, however it has issues with #showtooltip (due to a built in limitation in WoW) as well as a few other random bugs.

I was just giving a simple example for why you might need to activate different macros via a macro.

Another example is when I created a macro for a tank that wanted to be able to switch key-bindings when he/she changed specs as well as gear-sets, without having to install an addon (they played on a really old machine). It was way over 255 characters but I was able to split it into two parts (one for specs/gear, and one for keybindings that worked based off of toggle logic.

Just an example of how useful /click can be, though most often isn't