Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Nice, some of those models are pretty cool and some... meh. I like the Blackwing Descent wands except for that chain hanging from it.

Cool stuff but I want to see Tier 11 sets popping up soon!!!

Deleted
    U-G-L-Y, all of the weapons, well, at least there isn't a single item that makes me want to scream "WOOOW!!! I WANT CATA NOW!!" Also, the dungeon sets were crap too, if the hat goes any further down, the chars won't even be able to see.

This game is sooo old now... glad I have SCII now to relieve when boredom sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana Angel View Post
    I know someone else posted and was a bit of an arse, but I do want to try to try and be professional about this.

I don't know. I'm looking through the drops of BWL because my mind is hazy, and these items are still rather... I don't know what word to use. Showy? Kinda glowly? High Fantasy, in general,I guess is a good description.

Ashjre'thul, Crossbow of Smiting; Crul'shorukh, Edge of Chaos; Heartseeker . I mean, these things aren't exactly traditional in any sense. Actually, Edge of Chaos looks a little silly to me, looking at it now.
    Hahaha, I just came across this one again. Corn on the cob staff, goooo!

Now, I will admit, there were more simple-looking peices, such as Alcor's Sunrazor, but I thought that was just downright... bland.

The point that I'm trying to make is that realistic weapons typically aren't that exciting to look at. It's supposed to be a bit showy and flashy. Some of the items in the previews Boubille posted, sure, I'm not fond of. But overall I'm pleased-- much like BWL loot. There's some great, memorable stuff, and then there's... Well, there's the corncob. Which, by the way, is a recoloring of... the OTHER corn-on-the-cob staff.

Just give it some time. When we see the gear, and the full dunegon itself, we may find that it works out pretty well.

Hee hee. Corn on the cob.
    Ooh don't get me wrong I have no problem with the weapons looking outlandish and not realistic. But if you look at the weapons in BWL they all look great yet they don't have a neon glow to them.
    If they even have a glow at all it's very very subtle. And that's what I miss.

The same goes for weapon enchants. Over the years they've become more and more shiny and oversized. I mean who thought of the spell power on staff enchant? That shit is epilepsy inducing. That subtle green glow from agility on weapon back in Vanilla was awesome. It enhanced your weapon but didn't hide the design unlike things like mongoose or executioner.

The weapons looked like they were designed by people who spent too much time at rave parties. Knowing what these weapons look like makes me worry with what the hell the raid gear would look like.
    Hopefully they traded good looking models for a larger amount of unique looking ones, you know, instead of just a bunch of recolored items.

Always negative nancies in these god damn forums.
    I think the designs looks unique and interesting, always some guy having to spout off on how stupid they look.
    Id like to see you do a better job.

2nd pic of the 2nd set:

klfbnekbjneabwgkwn

I almost thought these were cool PSO-style melee weapons(or Fist of Deity from Moorabi) then saw the "crossbow" label
    Last edited by Samantha333; 2010-07-31 at 02:14 AM.

I LOVE these model! usually I'd prefer a more serious looking weapon, but the colors scream eye candy and magical. Not sure how it will look carrying it around, but they are beautiful. as long as the raid isn't too easy and everyone has one, or in a different color, trivializing its uniqueness I'll say blizz did a great job here. I don't know how well the different colors will complement each other when the items are worn... we'll probably all look like a bag of skittles.

I think these are the best, maybe someone should make a poll

love this shape
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...bwdraid_02.jpg

love the hilt on this one
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...bwdraid_01.jpg

this polearm is just win all around
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...rm_bwdraid.jpg

this axe is truely amazing!
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...1h_bwdraid.jpg

I'm really excited about the elemental weapons, I imagine something from skywall will have a transparent, hollow, ethereal look, and of course firelands will have flaming, exploding weapons at least I hope they express the elemental feel... maybe some artists here could draw some model suggestions and post, we vote on them.
    Last edited by ungar; 2010-08-01 at 04:13 AM.

Really love the weapon models. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by ungar View Post
    as long as the raid isn't too easy and everyone has one, or in a different color, trivializing its uniqueness
    I'd love to play the game you're playing where I could actually believe that would happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    You've got to be kidding me....
    IT IS THE SAME SPRITE ALL OVER AROUND !!!! I am not happy to have the same weapon only that it's purple instead of green.

Same thing that happens those days. LK 2h HC drops a marrowgar 10 sword that ervery single pugger can have if lucky neough ....
    OH I AM SO SORRY ... LK 25 hc sword is black and red and marrowgar 10 normal sword is light and dark blue WHAT A DIFFERENCE .... WAT A DIFFERENCE

The same feeling for Cataclysm armor and weapons ... GG Blizz you mamanged to ruin one more aspect of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Karmian View Post
    You've got to be kidding me....
    IT IS THE SAME SPRITE ALL OVER AROUND !!!! I am not happy to have the same weapon only that it's purple instead of green.

Same thing that happens those days. LK 2h HC drops a marrowgar 10 sword that ervery single pugger can have if lucky neough ....
    OH I AM SO SORRY ... LK 25 hc sword is black and red and marrowgar 10 normal sword is light and dark blue WHAT A DIFFERENCE .... WAT A DIFFERENCE

The same feeling for Cataclysm armor and weapons ... GG Blizz you mamanged to ruin one more aspect of the game
    I agree...ideally I'd love to have different colors for the same weapon. though I suppose if its the same weapon, say blue axe is 6 item levels higher than green axe and blue gives +20 more strength than green axe, thats fine. same weapon characteristics though better stats with colors. thats okay. having a weapon from heroic hard mode sharing the same skin as 10 man raid should not happen. IMO, the weapon models should be distinguishable and unique

Edit: If blizzard really wanted to show they loved us, they would give awesome looking weapons like these without detracting from uniqueness and originality by recycling models from top end raids (I know its hard to keep coming up with original weapon designs) and allow us to visit a vendor to change the color by trading the weapon for another weapon of the same exact type in our favorite color. blue, green, purple weapons all being the same so we dont look like a bag of skittles with rainbow gear, but we can match gear according to a color theme if we wanted.
    Last edited by ungar; 2010-08-06 at 04:27 AM.