Poll: Which class?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question for people with a lot of 80s

I know this is mainly personal prefrence so whats true to you may not be to me, but I suck at making decisions so I'll just ask and follow blindly.

My current 80s in order that I leveled them - Prot paladin, Resto druid, combat rogue, surv hunter (and soon a shaman that I dunno what spec he'll be, currently level 78)
    Gotten a bit bored of raiding on alts and raiding on my main doesn't take long so I'm just lvling alts now

List of 80s in order of how fun I find them - prot paladin, surv hunter, resto druid, combat rogue

In anyones opinion (preferably someone whos got a lot of 80s and so can judge a lot of classes compared to each other) which should I level next
    My level 38 warlock
    or
    My level 61 DK

I would say lock as your dont really have a real caster dps alt. exept your drood but he is resto so that doesnt count.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

I voted DK. Not because it's better but because it would make more sense to level a DK since they skip to outland. They are both fun but save the Lock for Cata.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Doesn't matter which tbh If you lvl your warlock now, you miss out on the new stuffies in Cata, but I'd still advice you to lvl a warlock because they are imo much more fun and easier to level

I have a 80 lock/DK/rogue/druid/shaman/priest/warrior now so at least I lvl'd the chars you want to lvl

Anyways, just do the thing you think is most fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I know this is mainly personal prefrence so whats true to you may not be to me, but I suck at making decisions so I'll just ask and follow blindly.

My current 80s in order that I leveled them - Prot paladin, Resto druid, combat rogue, surv hunter (and soon a shaman that I dunno what spec he'll be, currently level 78)
    Gotten a bit bored of raiding on alts and raiding on my main doesn't take long so I'm just lvling alts now

List of 80s in order of how fun I find them - prot paladin, surv hunter, resto druid, combat rogue

In anyones opinion (preferably someone whos got a lot of 80s and so can judge a lot of classes compared to each other) which should I level next
    My level 38 warlock
    or
    My level 61 DK

I had a very similar choice last week.
    Mine was between lvl 18 Warlock, and lvl 63 DK.
    I decided to give warlock a chance, and have not regretted it, it's a very fun class to level!
    In just about a week I've gone from lvl 18 to 66

DK is fun to level up, but lock is BOTH fun to level up AS to playing @ 80..

I would have voted for "neither" but my main is a lock so since I had to choose..

Just level the one that you want to play dude.. seriously..

Deathknights, specifically blood are very very easy to level. Now i'm probably being biased, because i have an 80 of every mellee class bar enhance shammy, i've tried casters and healers but i just love mellee. And putting all the DK hate aside, it is a very fun class to tank and dps as, awesome abilities, awesome feel to the class in general.
    As i said this is my opinion, so go with what you enjoy most, if you going to level an alt you have to be rearing to go and genuinely excited by the class to get the most out of it. If one excites you more, go for it, if they excite and interest you equally you can do level sharing, as in level one till your out of rest or bored, then level the other.
    Read up on their spells and talents, knowing which one your going for an when you get them can be a big deciding factor, and good for goal setting "oh this levels going a bit slow but HOLY CRAP that talent/spell is in a few levels i cant wait."

Draintank warlock I would say (check the sticky at the warlock forums, there is a levelling thread that explains it and makes it fun to level a warlock). It is probably like nothing you have ever experienced so far (in a good way).
    This recommondation comes from someone with 8 80s, only the latest one being a DK (order of levelling paladin,rogue,mage,warrior,shaman,druid,warlock,death knight fyi) and only classes missing being hunter and priest.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    level a DK as it is right now i would wait until cataclysm to level your warlock.

i have 5 80's Warlock, Paladin, DK, Druid, Priest.

As someone with 10 80s just level everything to 80 and gear them all by raiding everyday and all day...you win...having no life is fun.

I'd say level the lock. Got 6 lvl 80's atm, that includes a lock and dk, and lock is my favourite class (affl). I haven't touched my dk since ulduar... well only for bs, but that's it

Deleted
    Only right answer to this is level the char you like playing the most, for me I'd go with the dk as I like melee dps above caster dps

Hmmmm your spot is exactly like mine, except my DK is 70 and my lock is 50
    I have a Warr, Paladin, Druid and Priest as 80's, Shaman at 70 (newest before my lock)

To me, the way I do it, I just level my DK out of rested or a little more, then jump on the lock for a few levels, 3-4 a day. So it's just a matter of what you find more fun, my Lock is Destro and I'm loving it so far except for my Void Walker >_>

Though I strongly say go for your lock, its more fun and you dont really have a caster
    A DK is fun to play, some people say its easy and OP, I find it decent in rotation and what not (Frost spec)
    But a Warlock beats to for me, if both of them were 70, and didnt have my priest to 80, id def take the lock to 80

I'd pick the warlock. (and affli!)

Why? Because when you're tired of raiding and lvl 80 stuff, it's a lot more refreshing to start at the lower levels than to pick up something that's going to be in Northrend soon. Also leveling DK was easy at the time (back when unholy was the way to go when leveling), but I haven't really touched the character since it dinged 80, I just don't like the class. Whereas warlock is my main. But I'm not biased at all! But as a reference, my favourite alts at level 80 have been my priest, hunter and protadin.

Low level questing and leveling is fun and refreshing when it's been a while since you did it, but TBC & Northrend are still a bit tedious and fresh for me. TBC is ok since it's really fast with dungeon finder and some questing. But Northrend is starting to feel like "nooo, not again!". Probably because I already had 4-5 lvl 70 characters during TBC so I've leveled them from 70-80 only in WotLK.

level a lock now and a new char when cata comes out ;P

I have both an 80 lock and 80 DK. The DK levels fast since you start off with pretty good gear and are insanely strong solo class with plate + self heals. I found the lock somewhat boring to level as affliction, I switched to demo at ~ 74 and liked it a lot more. I also have a prot pally that I enjoy and found tanking as blood or frost is enjoyable on my DK (highly recommend frost for AoE threat).

Pick DK hands down if you want use LFG for instant tank ques. If you don't want to tank on the DK then try out the different lock specs as they each play fairly differently.

My lock is 75 and will be my 6th 80. I love my warlock. Its easily the most fun class to level. But of course you had to put them up against a deathknight which is the one class I do not have above level 70 so I really can't compare.

10+ Year Old Account
    i enjoyed lvlin my warlock much more than my DK. I dont like the rune system at all so i dont play my dk no more
    I'm demo atm, but hated it for lvlin found it too slow, Affliction ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    I voted DK. Not because it's better but because it would make more sense to level a DK since they skip to outland. They are both fun but save the Lock for Cata.
    I completely agree with this person, in fact I was leveling on my horde server earlier today since most of my alliance are already 80 or already in outland and I was thinking of this, the fact that my death knight is my highest horde character and that I won't be missing out on azeroth's new and amazing content.

I personally cannot wait to level my horde (at some point) with all the new stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, i was kind of leaning towards my lock anyway so I'm glad most people are saying warlock.

As for saving lock for cata which is what a few of you said, well when cata comes I'll still have the 80-85 experience to level with =)

EDIT: And i can start a mage when cata comes out to get the new content experience

thanks for your help