Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Tbh I couldn't care less. It's a good looking weapon. Just be happy that they didn't take something fugly and use it again. Like a level 42 sword or sum sum

15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion they aren't even like eachother

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    if they are gonna reuse anything i want warrior t6 reused
    As long as they fix the gaping hole in the neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not forget the PvP sets in TBC. Nothing more than recolored Tier gear. Still remember my shaman would swap from PvE to PvP and I'd be like "oh now my gear is blue instead of red, cool."
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    In my opinion they aren't even like eachother
    This.

The new model is inspired from the old one. It's not a copy paste. A lot of people will agree they look quiet different.

Overall, Blizzard has done a great job with the models.

Not to mention. I think this is the highest amount of weapon designs for a tier, and we still have Skywall left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    yeah a bit of a let down considering it wasnt naxx where most people didnt see the loot from in there at 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Not to mention. I think this is the highest amount of weapon designs for a tier, and we still have Skywall left.
    This. By God, this.

I had to remind myself that these raids are all supposed to be on the same tier. I don't see how people could complain about Cataclysm continuing Wrath's trend when there's this much diversity in the first tier of Cataclysm content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I immediately thought of Ashkhandi when I saw that weapon. I'm thrilled about it. Loved that weapon, and I'm glad they're paying tribute to it.
    Even though I didn't play any char that could wield it at the time.

Same models here and there is here to stay... As they always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Let's not forget the PvP sets in TBC. Nothing more than recolored Tier gear. Still remember my shaman would swap from PvE to PvP and I'd be like "oh now my gear is blue instead of red, cool."
    Shamans were lucky. Most of the classes just got darker/lighter color of their Tier 6 as PvP sets. And the difference was so small, you practically wouldn't notice it.

I remember screaming at my friend to wear his PvP gear in arena (a warrior). He replied, 'relax dude, I am in PvP gear...'
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

It's called a throwback.
    God; I hate you people.

It's not simply a reskin. The model is different. Similar stylistically (which makes sense since it's a Blackrock Raid), but not the same model.

I think it looks awesome.
    Speculaas of <The Forgiven>, Terenas-US

"Who do I belong to? Not earth, not world, not evil, not mortals, not wretches, not horrors.
    Who do I belong to? Unchanging, Unbreaking, Unfailing, Creator, Immortal, Eternal."
    * - "To Sand We Return", Project 86

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's not a reused model but more of a reference to BWL... it is called BWD so it's just a link between the two
    Yeah I agree, it's like how in ZG (Vanilla troll raid) they had Zin'Rohk, The Destroyer of Worlds http://www.wowhead.com/item=19854 and in ZA (TBC Troll Raid) they had Jin'Rohk, The Great Apocalypse http://www.wowhead.com/item=33478.

They are more sister blades (or Brother blades if you like) than a clone .

Plus it is a niice looking sword.

(unlike Season 3 PVP sword which was a blatant copy of Jin'rohk with diffo colours), then again PVP gear designers never did have any imagination all except maybe one or 2 bits of season gear is incredibly dull compared to PVE gear.
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-07-27 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I found the ones in the really ghastly color "set" more intimidating usually, as tier 2 had tanking stats while the off-set pieces, ugly as they were, had dps stats.
    these guys??

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    these guys??[/URL]
    This picture reminds me of something... Where are all of the night elf warriors? Back in vanilla I seem to remember most of the warriors I ran into in BGs being night elves, but now most of them are either human, gnome, or draenei.

I am REALLY glad they are doing this. Primarily because its badass, but the added bonus is it makes people whine for no reason about how unoriginal wow is and look like tools in general. Hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    these guys??
    /shudder
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

these guys??
    Yupp, exept orcs never wore alliance pants