Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

If I get this right..

So, me and a couple of IRL-mates came up with the idea to start over on a new server, level new chars bla bla. Get to 85 and start a 10man raiding guild, wich means we can decide the raidtimes and skip raids whenever we can (since we all know eachother).

I havent really read up that much on the raid changes, but I read about the 10/25 = same shit. Does that mean we can form a 10man raid, raid lets say Grim Batol and get the same loot as the übergood 25man guild on our server and battle for the First Kills. Or will there be 10/25 versions of the achievements?

-Buutch

Same achievements and loot for both sizes, so yeah, you should be able to compete with the 25-man guilds for all those things.

Deleted
    So it doesnt matter if your in a 10 or 25m guild anymore? Its the same shit?

Hold up. I don't remember Blizz saying achievements would be the same for both, only that loot would be. Somebody have a link?

EDIT: Also, my troll detector is beeping at a low volume right now, based on the OP's initial reply.

You are right. The difficulty will be the same, the loot will be the same, although 25mans will drop significantly more loot per encounter. This basicly means that the 25man guilds will gear up faster then say 10man guilds who raid just as often.

I don´t know about them achievements and mountdrops, not sure if Blizz comented on that already.

Acheievements hasn't been confirmed but who cares anyway , but yes the loots the same in 10/25

For instance , you'd get "brynntroll" in "ICC10" , if you get what I'm saying?

The way I see it , in a 10 man its easier because theres 15 less chances to have fuckups in the group and if theres technically less loot-per-person? Who cares? Higher chance to have little/no roll competition.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm putting Sherlock Holmes on this.
    We might be dealing with a very good disguised Troll here...

If not: Achievements wont be 10/25man bound. They get different achievements/titles/achievement rewards.
    Loot will be the same, but 10 mans will be tweaked to be more competitive with 25 man and the drop rates will be much lower.

Edit: Mounts like Invincible will only drop from 25 man according to the latest Blue Post regarding this matter. Although they are still discussing the matter, they said that they were pretty sure about this.
    Dawwwwwww

Same drops, just more loot and badges drop from 25 man. unsure about achievements though.

Blizz DID say that you will be able to obtain legendaries via 10 mans. I have to imagine that it will be a much longer process than in 25s, though, possibly with lower drop rates on essential items, assuming the legendary requires an essential chain of items, which seems to be Blizz's policy now.

Achievements will still matter to many people, as well, I imagine, so assuming they are still separate (there is absolutely no reason for them not to be), then the meta rewards will be separate as well.

Been a while since I read about this, but as far as I know you can basically get everything on 10 mans you can get in 25 mans, and achivements are no longer split into 10/25, so even that is shared.
    I thought they wanted to up the amount of gear you get in 25 mans by a fair margin, not sure though.

I remember reading that both 10 and 25 will share lockout too. I may be way out there though as I'm not 100% sure.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Blizz DID say that you will be able to obtain legendaries via 10 mans. I have to imagine that it will be a much longer process than in 25s, though, possibly with lower drop rates on essential items, assuming the legendary requires an essential chain of items, which seems to be Blizz's policy now.

Achievements will still matter to many people, as well, I imagine, so assuming they are still separate (there is absolutely no reason for them not to be), then the meta rewards will be separate as well.
    Can you link me a Blue on this one?
    Cause last time I checked, they said Legendary's would be the one extra loot 25 man raids could get :/
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    I'm putting Sherlock Holmes on this.
    We might be dealing with a very good disguised Troll here...
    You accusing me for beeing a troll? :C
    In that case, I asked a question that I wanted a answer to that covered up pretty much anything.

I pretty much got it now tho.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Can you link me a Blue on this one?
    Cause last time I checked, they said Legendary's would be the one extra loot 25 man raids could get :/
    I am so totally almost sure on this one, I promise to kick myself if wrong. I'll edit this if/when I find it.

fuck man, what has the world come to when even the mods think the OP is trolling. he is asking a legit question cut him some slack mate.

Also to all the posters who call him a troll; you (meaning the community in general) seem to define anyone who asks a question as a troll. How about you go and educate yourself about the term and its uses before using it.

"Hi guys is arcane shot still usefull in PvP, what are your thoughts opinions"

idiot1: HUR HUR HE HAS TO BE A TROLL
    idiot2: you scrub noone uses arcane shot anymore gtfo troll
    ^ See how the example applys here, stop jumping down the kids throat. Some people dont refresh mmo-chap every 5 mins (thus not knowing everything about the cata changes) and judging by the context the OP has used his post in, he/she is probably a casual player.

is this seriously what the community has come too?

/end nerd rage. bed time for me i think. night. also bad spelling is bad.
    Last edited by Zurth; 2010-07-27 at 01:22 PM.

I'm almost positive blizz said that they will both share achievements.....looking for source.

15+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Zarhym's post in this thread there won't be 10/25man specific achievements, but simple raid achievements.
    I can't find anything more about legendaries except that they don't have a clear decision wheter they will be available in both modes.

15+ Year Old Account
    As for the 25man guild gearing up faster, thats not certain. It depends on how much more loot will drop as you have 25 players to distribute gear between as to only 10 in a 10man guild

Deleted
    10 mans will be tuned, it shouldn't be faceroll anymore (especially considering the gear reset you'll see at the start) I actually can't wait for the forums to light up with 'It's too hard!!!', 'it's broken!!!!' and 'nerf X!!!!!!!'

:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post

^ See how the example applys here, stop jumping down the kids throat. Some people dont refresh mmo-chap every 5 mins and judging my the context the OP has used his post in, he/she is probably a casual player.
    Guilty on that one! but ye, pretty much what you said.