Page 1 of 2
LastLast

worth gemming for 12 stam bonus?

help me gem my prot pally. is it worth going for 12 stam bonus on gear like http://www.wowhead.com/item=49964 and the 245 crafted chest that give 12 stam for matching colors?

in which case i'd prob go for def/stam, 30 stam and agi/stam gems. have expertise at 27 atm, and defence at 557.

Short Answer: No
    Long Answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Happy?

3 x Solid Majestic Zircon

Did you gem for +6 stamina bonus? If not then you should not gem for +12 Stamina gems, that need 2!!!! non blue gems.
    +12 stamina in the helm is the only one that is always worth it, because it only requires 1 gem to activate.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends if you can make practical use for those colors, I have socket bonuses in things I find Practical but more so on my Warrior and less my Paladin. Paladins seem to just gem 100% Stam with no regard to anything else. I do find it funny that Ret gems pure Str, Prot pure Stam and Holy pure Int maybe they will make using proper sockets useful someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're a simple people. We like simple gems.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure it's minimum 9 stam for every non-pure socket, although I'm not sure about defense.

ok thx for the replies. so the message i'm getting is there's no point taking defence gems past 540 defence. i don't need anymore expertise either, so trying to color match yellow sockets is a waste right now. so just put a agi/stam in the best red socket and go all stam for the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's minimum 9 stam for every non-pure socket, although I'm not sure about defense.
    This is true, it is supposed to give you more survivibility.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Gem stamina
    2. Stand in front of the dragon
    3. Take misdirects
    4. Look pretty

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    1. Gem stamina
    2. Stand in front of the dragon
    3. Take misdirects
    4. Look pretty
    I would argue that you look pretty when all your gems match their respective sockets. 25% ICC buff allows you to do things like gemming differently just because its pretty.

Also Mac, /hide helm. Goggles on a draenei is failzors.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I hide the goggles how will it be engineer-y. :/
    Besides, I love the whole mad scientist/maniacal engineer shtick. Mimiron and Putricide are my favorite NPCs.

15+ Year Old Account

Great Scott!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.21 gigawatts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    I would argue that you look pretty when all your gems match their respective sockets. 25% ICC buff allows you to do things like gemming differently just because its pretty.
    Why would you when every stam gem is worth 25% more, whereas every other gem is not.

Ignore socket bonuses. (but the hat one is kinda nice since it's only 1 gem..)

Also just looked at your armory. You're gemming hit/expertise when you're already WAY over cap for both of them. You're also geared completely wrong. You're using 2 of the worst trinkets in the game (by a wide margin), and you're also 5/5 t10 without using Pillars of might, or very many armor pieces at all for that matter. Your effective health sucks and I feel sorry for your healers. Please don't give people bad advice. =[

If you want to improve it, buy pillars of might, the badge belt, badge cloak, Rotface 25's neck, the badge stam trinket (skeleton key), the 245 badge trinket Glyph of indominability, get the bracers off heroic 10-man Saurfang. You'll be better off for it.
    Last edited by Ripkit; 2010-07-13 at 06:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripkit View Post
    Why would you when every stam gem is worth 25% more, whereas every other gem is not.

Ignore socket bonuses. (but the hat one is kinda nice since it's only 1 gem..)

Also just looked at your armory. You're gemming hit/expertise when you're already WAY over cap for both of them. You're also geared completely wrong. You're using 2 of the worst trinkets in the game (by a wide margin), and you're also 5/5 t10 without using Pillars of might, or very many armor pieces at all for that matter. Your effective health sucks and I feel sorry for your healers. Please don't give people bad advice. =[

If you want to improve it, buy pillars of might, the badge belt, badge cloak, Rotface 25's neck, the badge stam trinket (skeleton key), the 245 badge trinket Glyph of indominability, get the bracers off heroic 10-man Saurfang. You'll be better off for it.
    /sadface, thats not my raiding gear bro. thats my 5man gear.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    so just put a agi/stam in the best red socket and go all stam for the rest of it.
    Try a +10 to all stats prismatic gem - works wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    Mimiron and Putricide are my favorite NPCs.
    Putricide is pretty boss. My favorite NPC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I do find it funny that Ret gems pure Str, Prot pure Stam and Holy pure Int maybe they will make using proper sockets useful someday.
    Isn't this roughly the same route most other classes go? On my Restoration Shaman, I gem pure haste. On my Feral Druid, Warrior, and Death Knight tanks, I gem pure stamina. As a Restoration Druid or Discipline Priest, I generally gem straight spell power.

Paladins are definitely not unique in their nature of gemming. Most classes do push one stat via gems. Occasionally, a class will push one of something until they hit a specific cap and then push all of another type of gem. The only real exception at this point is with casters and I think that is largely due to getting 12 spell power out of a dual gem and only 23 spell power from a pure gem although I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Occasionally, a class will push one of something until they hit a specific cap and then push all of another type of gem. The only real exception at this point is with casters and I think that is largely due to getting 12 spell power out of a dual gem and only 23 spell power from a pure gem although I could be mistaken.
    I'm pretty sure, that almost all DPS classes use Orange gems for their yellow slots (or red slots in case of Enh.) unless the socket bonus isn't worth much (or in the case of ArP classes, where orange ArP gems don't exist)
    Most casters also use blue slots (depending on how much SP or crit their spec gains from Spirit)

The more extreme cases are Holy Paladins, who don't have any use for SP (and most socket bonuses are SP for them), Resto Shamans (pretty much the same) and Tanks (Avoidance being vastly inferior to Health)