Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It will be a dagger, not a staff. Elemental Shamans would be booted to the back of the line if it was a staff, which isn't what Blizzard goes for.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Why? It would have to be a dagger to not be caster class restrictive, and I don't see how a fucking dagger is caster iconic compared to a staff.
    Daggers are caster iconic, actually. Spellblades have been around for a very very long time.

Doesn't even look that rare, plus is in Blackwing Descent, and I doubt they'll allow a Legendary Item to be shown so soon.

That's a fist weapon. The legendary is a trident.

And yes, it is a staff.
    God; I hate you people.

Well... no-one has ever thought of it possibly being an offhand item.

We have all seen this model before, but look at the finger/thumb arrangement. It is clearly used in the offhand. Sure, it could easily be an offhand "fist" class weapon for Rogues/Shamans but still, wouldnt it be interesting for the legendary to actually be an offhand with caster stats?

Can't work out how to resize images on new forum... width/height commands not working, sorry!

[QUOTE=Ikkatsu;8457178]Now that i have your attention.

It had been "confirmed" some time ago that the first legendary to "drop" in Cataclysm will be for casters (or DPS casters more specifically as the mace of Ulduar was aimed for healers).

People have been trying to guess whether or not it would be a Dagger, Sword or Mace etc.

^ = wrong
    first off I think casters dont really need the legendary.... I mean kmon the have atesith or however you spell that staff's name IT WAS MEDIVHS STAFF how can you beat that? Really?
    And that wont be a legendary offhand for casters either because 1, that looks like something off deathwing. Ie maybe for once when we kill a dragon instead of its head we get its left foot?!?!!?!?!!!!1!!
    But really that looks like some rouge pvp gear or a quest item or soemthing not a legendary at most an offhand that would be epic.
    Btw the qoute thing looks bad for some reason...

Looks like a fist weapon to me.

It's not possible for it to be an off-hand unless Blizzard completely overhauls them. The current design for legendaries is for it to have a proc or other power that makes it noticeably more powerful than a same tier epic. However, it will still be replaced by an epic 1-2 tiers later. That's not possible with how little offhands have in the way of stats.

I know it probably wouldnt be a offhand as a legendary, but if it was, I'd be a little sad, offhands aren't legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens
    im pretty sure there was account sharing, knowing asians, this is just crazy playing so much alone.

They've already implied they don't intend to make the legendary a dagger because it wouldn't be able to properly show off the art design team's work purely because of size (or at least that it's doubtful the legendary would be a dagger), so they certainly wouldn't make it an OH that wouldn't be displayed 99% of the time. I'm curious why people think that the legendary has to be available to all caster classes? After all, previous legendaries have been limited to 3-4 classes (case in point is the last legendary caster dps weapon, Atiesh, which was limited to lock, mage, priests and druids). Was there a blue post to the effect that they want the legendary to be accessible to all dps casters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    ^ = wrong
    first off I think casters dont really need the legendary.... I mean kmon the have Ateish or however you spell that staff's name IT WAS MEDIVHS STAFF how can you beat that? Really?
    And that wont be a legendary offhand for casters either because 1, that looks like something off deathwing.
    ^Wrong Wrong Wrong

The first and only caster DPS legendary was in Vanilla, Medivhs Staff- Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian.
    This weapon has not been available to players ever since WOTLK release as the quest chain that allows players to get that weapon has been removed.
    There was a blue post somewhere stating that the first legendary will be a DPS caster legendary, this is not speculation - although blizzard still has time to change their mind.
    It won't be the only legendary of Cata though, it will merely be the first of many (the current trend is one legendary every 2 tiers of raiding.)

I have a feeling that this will be followed with a Tank legendary of some sort, although what slot is anybodies guess.

Found the blue Post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Q u o t e:
    First legendary in Cataclysm will be caster

This is the plan for now at least, although there is always a chance that the plans may change.

Very little information has been given about it, but at BlizzCon 2009 it was said that there were no really good places to put a Caster Legendary in WotLK, so instead it is planned that there will be one in Cataclysm's first raid instead. There is no information available on what the requirements will be for acquiring this legendary weapon, but I am sure we will all find out soon enough.
    The guy was answering (With a quote - unfortunately blizz forums don't ever say who he quoted) that the current plan is to have caster legendary as first legendary of Cata.
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-08-01 at 06:15 PM.

I'm gonna go with it being a choice between a mace and a sword. Daggers are small and lame and shaman will QQ about it being a staff. Blizzard actually stated that they want shaman using a main hand and a shield. Caster dps covers 5/10 classes or 9/30 specs, which is the largest group in WoW. They can't make one thing for everyone, and separating them into the iconic sword/mace would make much more sense than trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleef View Post
    No. It will not be the item you linked. It's going to be a dagger, or something like that.
    Got any Blue about that?
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Regardless of what the new legendary turns out to be... I miss the days when they felt, you know, legendary.

Deleted
    Won't be an offhand.

They ruled out daggers because the artists wanna go wild on a Legendary, a dagger is too small for that. Offhands are pretty much in the same place imo.

Also, a Legendary is supposed to be very cool, what is cool about an offhand item, that you can't use effectively without a, in this case, less awesome mainhand item...
    Offhand items right now are pretty much the least exciting visible item. Don't really need a Legendary one....

Gonna be a staff imo, among other things because of the size, they can really do someting cool with that big an item.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooty View Post
    Regardless of what the new legendary turns out to be... I miss the days when they felt, you know, legendary.
    Shadowmourne isn't legendary? I think you've equated legendary to extremely rare, but they aren't the same.

Why do people assume elemental shamans wouldn't want a staff or would be the last to get picked for it? the only benefit shamans get out of choosing a shield for their off-hand is a minor enchant to int. yes, int will give SP in cata, but the amount would be miniscule in comparison to a possible staff.

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    Won't be an offhand.

They ruled out daggers because the artists wanna go wild on a Legendary, a dagger is too small for that. Offhands are pretty much in the same place imo.

Also, a Legendary is supposed to be very cool, what is cool about an offhand item, that you can't use effectively without a, in this case, less awesome mainhand item...
    Offhand items right now are pretty much the least exciting visible item. Don't really need a Legendary one....

Gonna be a staff imo, among other things because of the size, they can really do someting cool with that big an item.
    Makes sense. Casters and Healers have the disadvantage of not seeing their weapons when they're casting (as opposed to melee). A staff could be big and obvious enough to be a legendary. But I still like the idea of sword/mace. They could do anything with either of those.

Deleted
    I'd also like a sword, on the one hand. On the other hand Heal Paladins can also use +int swords and boy would they. And if the raid has to decide between equipping a healer and a dps.... I wouldn't bet on it going to the dps...

Also only Mages and Warlocks can use swords, so Moonkins couldn't use it, nor Shadow Priests, both also casters. All of them can use staves though.

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    I'd also like a sword, on the one hand. On the other hand Heal Paladins can also use +int swords and boy would they. And if the raid has to decide between equipping a healer and a dps.... I wouldn't bet on it going to the dps...

Also only Mages and Warlocks can use swords, so Moonkins couldn't use it, nor Shadow Priests, both also casters. All of them can use staves though.
    What kind of raid are you in that would give a healer a caster dps legendary over a caster dps?

I meant that they could make a sword and a mace. Same proc, same stats, just a different item. I'm assuming it'll be a long quest chain similar to shadowmourne and Quel Delar and maybe at the end you could chose between a sword and mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiermama View Post
    Makes sense. Casters and Healers have the disadvantage of not seeing their weapons when they're casting (as opposed to melee). A staff could be big and obvious enough to be a legendary. But I still like the idea of sword/mace. They could do anything with either of those.
    It's not going to be a sword because then only mages and warlocks would want it. It's not going to be a mace because then mages and warlocks couldn't use it.

It's going to be a dagger. It'll probably be a very big dagger that looks like a sword (think the dagger of the first boss in UK normal).

For the people who were talking about how to make healers not want it: just give it a dps proc and then it won't be worth giving to a healer over a dps.

Deleted
    Don't mean specifically my raid but I can definitely see that happening in some raids. Depends on the stats I guess.

Whether they do it by drop or quest or whatever, I don't care, just want it to feel epic, or rather, legendary.
    I've been wanting the chance to get a Legendary for Ages. Too late for Atiesh unfortunately.