Melee Demonology?

I recall reading a blue post that mentioned Blizz devs were trying to differentiate the 3 warlock specs in such a way that each use a different primary spell despite spells like Shadow Bolt being used by Affi but being in the Destro tree. Well I got to thinking, what if they overhauled one of the trees completely? Demonology for example becomes the "Demon Hunter" tree.

Under the new model a Demo warlock would get some deep talents that allow them to boost their physical survivability, they would dual wield fist weapons, swords or daggers and they'd get melee focused procs to enable casting in the heat of battle. Metamorphosis would become the trump card cooldown of any encounter. Additionally, the warlock's summoned demon would gain abilities that enable a deeper interaction with the warlock in melee range (for example: granting 5% parry if the warlock is attacking the same target, etc.). This type of warlock would not require his/her pet to tank for them as their survivability is in the passive buffs gained by tag teaming with the demon as well inherent in the talent trees later tiers. Their melee damage would be based on a formula using weapon damage and spell power to deal shadowfire damage.

Just a pipe dream really, but a fun thought to share.

Ideas? Recommendations?

good idea thats already said many times, answer is no

Only for boss fights. The PvP retards would cry like babies if they saw that shit in their lame ass Arena/BG's.

We do not need another spec defining nuke really.
    We do not need to turn demo warlocks into tanks, and most certainly not into melee which then completely defeats the concept of demonology.
    If you want a melee with a pet, go roll a deathknight.

warlocks were intended to be melee mages long long long ago(vanilla beta) blizzard didn't like it.
    they did revisit the idea, they called it a deathknight.there won't ever be melee warlocks anymore. dks slid into that spot
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

That's really tragic, I think there's still a lot of design space there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sereusbzns View Post
    That's really tragic, I think there's still a lot of design space there.
    Remember firestone's on-hit proc? Remnants of Melee Warlocks. It's not coming back, and regardless of how much room there is you'd still have much more work to do preventing the class from being completely broken.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Remember firestone's on-hit proc? Remnants of Melee Warlocks. It's not coming back, and regardless of how much room there is you'd still have much more work to do preventing the class from being completely broken.
    lol does anyone remember that PVP video of the melee-lock w/ firestone? People were often too confused as to what was happening and would just run away haha
    Last edited by Xzilend; 2010-07-28 at 05:41 PM.

Closes you get to a Melee Warlock on live is using the Felguard :P which imo is enough.

BUFF MY FELGUARD