Poll: Would you like bg's without mounts?

15+ Year Old Account

Mounts in battlegrounds?

Hello everyone! Firstly i'd just like to apologise if this is in the wrong place. Although it's related to pvp, i didnt see it anywhere near in-depth enough to be placed in the pvp sub-forum.

Basically, i was looking to see who likes the ideas of mounts in battlegrounds, and who prefers the idea of simply having your char without any speed boost available!

Now, the reason i ask this, is because im levelling a new char from scratch (new server, new class, everything from scratch) and i've been playing a few bg's.

What i've found is how much i enjoy warsong gulch when no mounts are used. I love the tactics involved with having to shut down any druids that are usually flag carriers, and the amount of extra combat due to the fact people are on foot.

At level 80 Warsong gulch is probably my least favourite battleground, while at lower levels i love it. (now the 10-19 bracket, due to mount levels)

I was simply looking to see if anyone else felt the same way. I hate mounts in pvp combat anyway (everyone just rides past each other as if its a peace treaty) and it seems without mounts, there seems to be combat all over the place, which is incredibly fun.

Would anyone else like to see no mounts used in warsong gulch all the way up to level 80? maybe the same in other battlegrounds such as arathi basin? The later battlegrounds (isle of conquest, alterac valley) are built around mounts, so although i dont like it, i cant see that changing.

But with the smallness of WSG and AB, i think making mounts unusable would actually work pretty well and make it more enjoyable from 20-80.

Bonus screenshot from a bg i just finished, totally pugged, no pre-mades or anything, the final score made me laugh. (no i do not think im 'leet') this was after a run of 4 losses on this char. My first pvp BG win as my new pally

vote and post opinions guys and girls!

(feel free to share any other random bg stories!)
    Last edited by loftus; 2010-07-27 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.