Thread: Word of Glory

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Word of Glory

I am not sure I understand this spell. Holy Paladins can use it when they have x3 Holy Power, it consumes the charges, and it's free? But what does it do? Single target healing, or?

Word of Glory is a single target heal that can be used with any amount of Holy Power. The more Holy Power charges it consumes, the more healing it will do. The heal also has no mana cost.

any info on the amount healed yet?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Specced Holy with my gear on (264/277 ICC gear @ 3487 Spell Power), the tooltip says 2204 to 2397 per application of Holy Power. I see numbers between 8300 and 9000 in this gear. Naked and unspecced (@ 91 Spell Power?) the tooltip reads 1252 to 1393.

For comparison (in the first gearset):
    Holy Shock: ~10k
    Flash of Light: 8.5-9k
    Holy Light: 6.4-6.8k
    Divine Light: 12.7-13k
    Last edited by Gaffer; 2010-07-28 at 07:20 AM.

thats a nice little heal.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    Instant or cast?

It is instant in the current build

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    any info on the amount healed yet?
    WoWHead shows it at 1160 to 1292 healing per application of Holy Power at 80, but the scaling is unknown.

Deleted
    At 3 holy power as a healadin it's slightly better than holy light, instant (although triggers GCD) and costs no mana. Currently talents give it an additional 12% crit chance over your other heals too.

what sort of numbers will we be seeing for it as prot/ret (would be the same for both specs excluding the talent each gets since they are removing healing power from them)

I am new to the holy power thing do you start at 100 holy power and work down? Or do you build it like rage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does one tell how much holy power they have? is it shown on mobs like rogues and thier combo points, or it like an infinite buff like motes of anger from tiny abom in a jar?
    Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
    I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
    I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

I imagine it will be similar to how the current instant FoL on Rets

Quote Originally Posted by I run this shit View Post
    I am new to the holy power thing do you start at 100 holy power and work down? Or do you build it like rage?
    Certain abilities (mainly Crusader Strike) give you 1 charge of Holy Power, the maximum being 3. Word of Glory, Holy Shield, Inquisition, and Templar's Verdict(I think it's called) all cost no mana, and are exponentially stronger for each stack of Holy Power you have when you use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Specced Holy with my gear on (264/277 ICC gear @ 3487 Spell Power), the tooltip says 2204 to 2397 per application of Holy Power. I see numbers between 8300 and 9000 in this gear. Naked and unspecced (@ 91 Spell Power?) the tooltip reads 1252 to 1393.

For comparison (in the first gearset):
    Holy Shock: ~10k
    Flash of Light: 8.5-9k
    Holy Light: 6.4-6.8k
    Divine Light: 12.7-13k
    I'm just curious why does your holy light hit for so little especially when your flash of light is hitting for considerable higher amounts?

Holy Light costs 606 mana. Flash of Light costs 3238 mana.

Quote Originally Posted by hodant View Post
    I'm just curious why does your holy light hit for so little especially when your flash of light is hitting for considerable higher amounts?
    They changed the spells up quite a bit for Cataclysm.

Flash of Light is medium sized, fast, but very expensive heal.
    Holy Light is small sized, slow, but very cheap heal.
    Divine Light is the large sized, slow, but very expensive heal.

Holy Shock is now very cheap, but heals about the same as on live.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentin View Post
    They changed the spells up quite a bit for Cataclysm.

Flash of Light is medium sized, fast, but very expensive heal.
    Holy Light is small sized, slow, but very cheap heal.
    Divine Light is the large sized, slow, but very expensive heal.

Holy Shock is now very cheap, but heals about the same as on live.
    This

HL is so cheap now that when spamming it, you're actually regaining mana. Even a Ret can spam it for a good minute or so. Throughput is very low though.

Divine light spam is pretty close to sustainable for holy too, although I doubt that's the intention. The tuning isnt there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram View Post
    Divine light spam is pretty close to sustainable for holy too, although I doubt that's the intention. The tuning isnt there yet.
    I'm not sure what kind of situation you're in where you think you can spam Divine Light for any period of time. Spamming Divine Light in my gear (2.01s DL cast) costs 8947.8mp5. Assuming I had 100,000 mana my max mp5 is 7943 mp5 WITH Divine Plea up and 1276mp5 without it or an average of 2943mp5. Casting at a deficit of ~6004 mp5 (or 72048 mana per minute) you'll be able to spam Divine Light for just shy of 1.4 minutes.

I'm not sure I'd consider that spammable, especially since you're looking at closer to 60k mana pools at current level cap and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So..
    As soon as 4.0 comes out, how are we supposed to heal ICC?
    Flash and Divine are too expensive but Holy Light can't keep anything alive.
    I'm not sure if you remember 3.0, but Blizzard put a zonewide 30% buff into place as a buffer to make sure changes didn't affect farming content. It was completely unnecessary and made all BC content a joke. You'll see the same sort of thing with 4.0 too.
    Last edited by Gaffer; 2010-08-03 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    should provide an interesting new change!