Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why Starcraft 2 sucks

Im not wasting 60 euros on that piece of crap, here is why:

- Only Terran campaign, no protoss or zerg
    - No LAN.
    - Need internet connection to play single player/campaign.
    - If battle.net is down you cannot play anything.
    - No chat.
    - No cross-region play.

I MAY buy it if the cost goes down to 20 euros or less, im not paying for a very small campaign that needs intenet connection (WTF?) and no LAN (WTF?).
    For now ill just play the campaign for free.
    /Garrosh Waste. Of. MONEEEEEEEEEEEEY.

you can play single player offline after you activate your battle.net account. Terran campaign so far seems about as long as all 3 sc or all 3 bw campaigns (a lot of the missions have bs timers so it's 'fluffed' up some).

I do agree though that blizzard is shafting you on a bunch of things but this is about the only pc game I had been looking forward to buying in a year (nevermind waiting since sc1 came out) or so so I picked it up right away, otherwise I would have waited for the price to come down as well

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Im not wasting 60 euros on that piece of crap, here is why:

- No LAN.
    - No chat.
    - No cross-region play.

I MAY buy it if the cost goes down to 20 euros or less, im not paying for a very small campaign that needs intenet connection (WTF?) and no LAN (WTF?).
    For now ill just play the campaign for free.
    /Garrosh Waste. Of. MONEEEEEEEEEEEEY.
    there making three differant starcraft 2 you know one for terran one for zerg one for protoss

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Starcraft is mainly about multiplayer so if you are the kind of person interested in stories this games story may not be for you but it is said that this campaign is amazing with some very nice cinematic. Blizz is making expansions for the other two races and I agree it is kinda BS.

- No LAN.

Yeah that may suck.

Yeah that sucks too if you were to lose internet or something.

Its blizzard we're talking about.

- No chat.

Like anyone ever chats, go log on to SC or WC3 chat channels are dead unless you join channel Sex or Sex2. Even if there were a chat channel it would be like trade chat just spam and other BS.

- No cross-region play.

Unless you know people on other region I really dont see a point unless of course you like in Australia which I heard has a terrible latency with Asian servers or something.

Deleted
    26 Terran missions (with choices) and 5 Protoss missions.

Wrong, you can play on the guest mode with no problem at all.

Already explained why is wrong.

- No chat.
    Coming out on a patch.

Played it for the last 2 days. The campaign is fucking annoying. ALL missions involving base construction have some fucked up time limit where if you don't do this and that before the AI does this and that, you're fucked. I finally pressed the Quit button when I got to a mission where there is a giant flame wave moving slowly from the left side of the map to the right, destroying everything in its path and you gotta win the mission before it gets to you. And the worst part is, you NEVER have enough time to build up a decent fighting force. It's all on the fucking run. Blizzard has managed to turn the single player campaign missions into pvp style skirmishes ruled by scripted events. Well if I wanted that play style I would...I dunno...PLAY PVP MATCHES ?!?

Sorry but this is bullshit. This isn't fun, it's just extremely annoying.

Protoss Mini-campaign, and it owns. The last mission of this is one of the best things I've ever played in a video game.
    - No LAN.
    Excluded to help curb piracy. Included with tournament version.
    Incorrect, there's an offline mode once you activate your copy.
    See above.
    - No chat.
    This is on the way.
    - No cross-region play.
    this is on the way

The campaign was worth the $60 alone for me. Seriously.

You're either stupid or a shitty troll.

---------- Post added 2010-07-28 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Played it for the last 2 days. The campaign is fucking annoying. ALL missions involving base construction have some fucked up time limit where if you don't do this and that before the AI does this and that, you're fucked. I finally pressed the Quit button when I got to a mission where there is a giant flame wave moving slowly from the left side of the map to the right, destroying everything in its path and you gotta win the mission before it gets to you. And the worst part is, you NEVER have enough time to build up a decent fighting force. It's all on the fucking run. Blizzard has managed to turn the single player campaign missions into pvp style skirmishes ruled by scripted events. Well if I wanted that play style I would...I dunno...PLAY PVP MATCHES ?!?

I think it's safe to say you don't 'get' starcraft. e: starcraft 1 was completely "build base, kill opponent". And fuck you the flame wave mission owns.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Protoss Mini-campaign, and it owns. The last mission of this is one of the best things I've ever played in a video game.

Excluded to help curb piracy. Included with tournament version.

Incorrect, there's an offline mode once you activate your copy.

See above.

This is on the way.

this is on the way

The campaign was worth the $60 alone for me. Seriously.

You're either stupid or a shitty troll.

---------- Post added 2010-07-28 at 01:57 PM ----------

I think it's safe to say you don't 'get' starcraft. e: starcraft 1 was completely "build base, kill opponent". And fuck you the flame wave mission owns.

maybe you didn't play StarCraft 1 single player campaign, of which a lot of single player gamers, that may have been non-pvp Starcraft fans enjoyed btw, but there weren't time limits or frenetic pacing of having to rush and do everything early in original Starcraft's campaign. Thats what EVERY PvP RTS strategy turns into and its lame for the ones that prefer base building, and only a few RTS's out there pushed the base building aspect more than zerg rushes. Too bad Starcraft's PvP wasn't one of them.

Anyways i haven't played enough of the campaign yet to know how much they changed it, but i TRULY hope its not as bad as people are saying. That is the whole reason i avoid online Starcraft, much less any RTS online, all people do is zerg rush with short games whre you barely get to base build.

to those saying StarCraft is mainly a PvP online game, maybe you didn't know that there are MANY people that considered the original single player campaign one of the best they've ever played :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    That is the whole reason i avoid online Starcraft, much less any RTS online, all people do is zerg rush with short games whre you barely get to base build.
    I need to correct this, because I'm really sick of this misconception.

If you get rushed and lose, chances are you lost that game several minutes before hand and just weren't experienced enough to realize it. Back in beta I was able to stop the majority of rushes by scouting, planning accordingly, and executing. So far I've only been rushed once on live, which I should have won. I got screwed by a supply block because I'm bad then lost a depot that would have saved me the game.

There is no unbeatable strategy in starcraft. If you think this you're bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post

Fucked up time limit? It usually is VERY generous, at least on normal and hard, dunno about brutal, haven't tried it yet.
    The mission with the giant flame was actually very good. You actually don't have to win the mission before the flame gets to you. Playing terran you can just lift off almost all of your buildings and transfer your base further east. You being too stupid is not Blizzard's fault.
    Never having enough time to build up a decent fighting force, now that's really nice, what do you want, macro up for half an hour before anyone attacks you and then you just push out with your 200/200 army and destroy everything? Might be interesting for you but I guess 99% of the players want a little more action. :/

OT: Where do you buy SC2 for 60 euros? You can get it for 40...

Whiners will whine. Don't buy it then, don't make another useless thread.

The LAN-function has been discussed for months and now you're gonna make an awesome post? Seriously, you suck.

i tought that was the most difficult one in game(the fire mission) until i met my old buddy blitzkrieg
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

Ugh, let me play you a violin why you create Tears. Starcraft 2 is awesome and was worth the Decade Wait. The Terran Campaign is currently the only Campaign released, and the reason why is obvious. That Campaign is LONG to beat, and it obviously took a while for them to create it due to its length.

No Lan? Well, if I was a victim to mass Piracy (theft), I would take actions to protect my assets as well. The PC Industry is starting to lose large amounts of money due to Piracy, and they are taking a strong stance against it. Sorry you got the short end of the stick.

If you already activated your Starcraft 2 online, you do not need to be online after that point. The reason they did this was the same as the reason above. This may of stirred a uproar 5 years ago, but as of now, if you do not have access to the internet, then there's something wrong with you.

No Cross Region gameplay? Blizzard said they will have this aviable in 60 days. They said they did this because they did not want the lag it would cause. Sorta right, sorta wrong, but ya.

Didn't want to reply before I get a taste of SCII. And now that I played the first 8 missions (non-stop), I have to say it's the best RTS game I played since the original StarCraft and Red Alert. Really polished and balanced difficulty. If you feel missions are hard go casual mode, should be easy enough.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Didn't want to reply before I get a taste of SCII. And now that I played the first 8 missions (non-stop), I have to say it's the best RTS game I played since the original StarCraft and Red Alert. Really polished and balanced difficulty. If you feel missions are hard go casual mode, should be easy enough.
    this pretty much, i absolutely love it.

I think most of the missions are designed rather well, you need to get in action fast or you're screwed.
    ( well at least on Hard / Brutal , i havent done it on normal yet and wont)
    I dont get why anyone wouldnt like that , where is the fun in building for 30 min. whilst no-one attacks you and then just hammering the maps with a gargantuous army ??

oh and that firewall mission is pretty easy actually, like some mentioned, spam build banshees/wraiths.
    cloack mode --> kill detectors first --> shoot the living daylights out of everything.

- No cross-region play.
    You seriously want to play with 500+ ms pings? I remember several tournament during beta where player from Europe and Asia played on the US Battle.net and they had a lot of connection problems. It is simply not viable to play against people from the other side of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgi View Post
    You seriously want to play with 500+ ms pings? I remember several tournament during beta where player from Europe and Asia played on the US Battle.net and they had a lot of connection problems. It is simply not viable to play against people from the other side of the planet.
    Worked fairly well for SC1, but games there were hosted differently.

Either way, cross region play is on the way. All it would really take are some improvements in the netcode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Either way, cross region play is on the way. All it would really take are some improvements in the netcode.
    The main issue atm is Battle.net accounts are separate. But they said that is one of the main things they are working on atm.

Sure is fanboi up in here. I'd never pay $60 for a game. NO game is worth that much.
    Former God of Uther server and the best WoW player ever.
    Techbot says: Techbot is sensitive and those words hurt my ears. :[ Please be nice to me. I just want to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcutter View Post
    Sure is fanboi up in here. I'd never pay $60 for a game. NO game is worth that much.
    have you played wow for more than 4 months? you've paid more than $60 for a game