Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Doing "the Insane" achievment on several toons is probably not viable for most people. Heck, for most it isn't viable to do it on even one character. I am all for accountwide achievments, but wouldn't there be issues if that was the case? I.e. everyone rolling humans for diplomacy then workingof all rep factions on just that toon? Diplomacy could be taken out of course, but there are many more issues with this than just the technical ones.

Quote Originally Posted by windways View Post
    Mounts, titles and achievements are earned by the player (account) and not by an individual character.

I am currently finding myself unable to play, my Druid has ALL of my time invested into it over 4 years, but, I am bored senseless of the Druid and want to play another class.

I just cannot bring myself to lose;

- Titles (including Hand of Adal, Kingslayer, Guardian of Cenarius etc.)
    - Reputations (nearly everyone at Exalted)
    - Mounts (TLPD, white hawkstrider, zulian tiger, netherdrake etc.)
    - Vanity pets

There is no way I am going to put the time in to grind out certain reputations, especially since many of them were earned with party's when people were still running the necessary dungeons etc.

As for the mounts, doing 80+ dungeon runs for a rare drop mount or camping in Storm Peaks for two weeks to get a mount will not be happening again on another character.

Any advice..? Uninstall and move on?
    IMO, you should treat it like your pokemon when playing Pokemon Red or Blue. You get this starter pokemon, and you typically keep it in your lineup continuously. It starts every battle, most of the time, and is usually the most advanced of all your pokemon.

So then you go catch 150 more pokemon. You're not gonna do the same thing for ALL of them, it just isn't worth it. So instead you do the bare minimum so that they can be used in various battles, then stick them in your PC.

How does this apply? Well, you keep your druid as your main, which you have done all the work on. Then when you create alts, just do the bare minimum. Don't bother doing rep at all, just buy vendor mounts, don't worry about getting achievements. It's too much work to do them all again, it's really not worth it. So instead, get them to a point where they can participate in the PvP/PvE aspects of the game you wish and then just pull them out as needed.
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was playing my 3.5k gs hunter soon after hitting 80, someone asked if i wanted to go to ICC 25 with them and i of course accepted. They had invited me because i was explaining to someone in chat the differences between the normal and heroic modes of all the ICC bosses. This showed that i was knowledgeable and that i had lots of experience in the instance, immediately upon arriving in the instance, I was booted for "being a noob" simply because of my gearscore (which admittedly is very low for icc :P) but i have 2 kingslayers and have done 11/12 heroic on both of them... so would it be nice to show that I have those accomplishments... yes, is it necessary? of course not. Eventually I will have the appropriate gear on my hunter to be able to do the instance legitimately and then nobody will be mad and i'll get the achievements again.
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

When you open your achievement tab there should be other tabs that people can view with your other toons on the realm you are on.

Like say youve spent alot of time on a toon and you really dont want to reroll because the new character wouldnt have all the achieves you so painstakingly acomplished on your main. When people go to compare achieves they could have an option to compare account wide achievement points. And the ability to view your other characters' acheivements ^.^.

I would really like this!

My idea ^^^

Mounts, titles and achievements are earned by the player (account) and not by an individual character.
    Thats not true,You earned it on characted which has prooven to have..for example good enough gear to comeplete achivs and recieve the mount and confirming your skill .. for example with mage. You earned by individual character.

I can see people's beef with titles being shared. However I see no reason at all why many mounts and all vanity pets can't be shared across all of one's toons. My main "collecter" of such items is my priest. Over 100 mounts and over 110 pets on her. The other day I finally got the blue proto-drake from the bag at the end of heroic occulus.... on my freakin' pally that I hardly play. I also have a baby hippogryph pet on my rogue that I don't play any more. I would LOVE to be able to use that mount or pull out that pet on my priest. I truly don't see how my ability to do so would/should bother or harm anyone else.

The only thing that "Should" (Take that broadly) be shareable between characters is instance/heroic/raid achievements, because those get you into groups, or rather the lack of them keeps you out of groups, the rest is really fluff, and that includes titles, novelty mounts and such too...

It is an MMO, not a single player game, what is the point in achievements if not for others to see and what is the point in mounts if I can't ride them ... ?
    RPG funny how people forget those 3 letters. World of Warcraft is an MMORPG. I'm not going to waste time explaining what RPG means but suffice it to say the following is true.

1.) each of your characters is a separate identity with it's own accomplishments.

2.) your skill with one class reflects nothing of your skill with another. All allowing people to have "kingslayer" on all their toons would do is make it even harder to figure out who acctually earned anything.

3.) no one cares about anyone elses epeen. Period. You impress no one with your collection of titles and mounts.

It might as well erase them, that's the point...

No one will see them, including me and my guildies, pugs etc.

The mounts won't get ridden, the title's won't be seen, no one will know that I have killed LK or Alg...

It is an MMO, not a single player game, what is the point in achievements if not for others to see and what is the point in mounts if I can't ride them ... ?
    So you want to play a new class but want people to still see how awesome you are? Who give a flying ****. I could see say vanity pets being account wide but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhysode View Post
    You impress no one with your collection of titles and mounts.
    I don't have my collection with the intention of "impressing" anybody. I just like having a big variety of pets/mounts to use. As most people that are against the sharing of those say that nobody cares, why do they seem to care so much?

(I'll repeat again here what I said earlier, I don't feel the same about titles. I still feel those should be earned by inidiviudal characters.)

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I hate this new MMO Champion trend where everyone that disagrees with the OP is a troll. Or if you're replying and disagree with the OP, he's a troll.

There was nothing trolling about his response. He was making a point about how silly it is for things to be shared account wide. The entire idea of giving all your titles/mounts to every new character you ever make is ridiculously stupid.

And this coming from someone with an Amani War Bear, Ashes of A'lar and Warlord(not High Warlord, though. Sooooo cloooossseeeee) on a level 72 Hunter who I will never level again, and Conqueror of Naxxramas, Magic Seeker and Celestial Defender on a Druid I don't plan on playing come Cataclysm.
    A good amount of people on mmo-champ have no idea what the words they are using mean. The terms troll, homogenize, bloat and shit like that gets used so loosely that have absolutely no meaning now on mmo-champ. Some one disagrees with you? They are a troll. A class gets a new ability? Everything is homogenized. Don't like your talent tree? Automatically bloated. Troll is the worst one of course.

OT: Vanity and need should never be in the same topic line. When you need vanity, it's no longer vanity. And you don't need your mounts from your main on your alts. You may want them, but you don't need them and will not get them. I feel for your dilemma, though, I have a dk who I went to town on with achievements and stuff but then they ruined blood for me (I was really into the whole rolling diseases thing) so I switched back to my rogue and just bit the bullet on the achievements. So quit or make a new guy, either way you can't show your shinies from your druid.
    Last edited by xnickybx; 2010-07-28 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

This is 100% garbage, if they didn't care, they wouldn't have a title on and they would just use a default racial mount. They also wouldn't ask for achievements in pugs etc
    No, you misunderstand.

I'm sure people who have the titles and mounts care. I certainly care about the ones I have.

What I mean is that very few of the other people you are so concerned about showing off for actually care.

Deleted
    uninstall i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not so sure about having account wide achievements or titles, but I am definitely for having the mounts be account wide.

I worked my but off for my netherwing drake and winterspring frostsaber, etc. Why shouldn't I be able to ride them on my other toons? With exception to achievement bound mounts (ie ICC HM's, Ulduar, etc) they are really just cosmetic and prove nothing about what you have accomplished.

uninstall i guess
    Yes, because nothing says "I care about my in-game achievements!" quite like uninstalling the game.

Deleted
    spectral tiger on every char on my account yes please

everything you want to have on your alts are vanity items. don't care so much what your toons look like. and if you REALLY have to have an item on your alt, then work at it.

cuz i mean WoW is so hard right?

Deleted
    Everything should be account wide. At the moment, farming achievements, mounts and pets on a per character basis is meant as time sink only. Sooner or later, as more and more content becomes available, these time sinks will be removed - as they did e.g. with flying at level 60.

Someday there will be lots and lots of achievements and you'll be glad you don't have to get them with all of your chars.
    Last edited by mmoc5518ff532e; 2010-07-28 at 07:01 PM.

Uninstall and move on?
    Probably the best advice any of us could follow.
    World's 118th best Feral Cat.

"i want to make an alt but I'm too vain to go around without a cool mount and title"

not a very strong argument. sorry.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.