Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I feel the old gods are more rightous than the titans. They gave us life when the titans didnt even give us a free will. Old gods for intergalactic rulers! 2010!
    That's why I think the mortal races will help them escape Azeroth (cause they aren't evil, merely misunderstood). A mutual revenge scheme on the Titans is just icing on the cake for the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by The10thacc View Post
    After we kill Sargeras I can just hope blizz will implement some worth while bosses like Leeroy , Richard , some of the guy from "the gladiator" , Hogger..etc
    They will make a fun raid at the very end. All it is is one room and a giant crab in it named Ghostcrawler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    That's why I think the mortal races will help them escape Azeroth (cause they aren't evil, merely misunderstood). A mutual revenge scheme on the Titans is just icing on the cake for the Old Gods.
    But then after we kill them, we realize we were under the old gods control! What a twist!

Just for reference I haven't read the thread yet as I have to step away:

It's possible that the entire universe hasn't been explored yet and that there may be beings stronger than the titans by far, and by extension stronger than Sargeras.

Also IIRC 1 on 1 an old god is much more powerful than a titan, but they aren't nearly as numerous. So an old god at full strength would probably beat sargeras should there be no demonic minions helping him.

Quote Originally Posted by wer1207 View Post
    Inevitably, there will be a more powerful demon. BLizzard wouldn't make a stale RP point.
    Unless they are diverting resources to focus on their new MMO (as in ending WoW).

But then after we kill them, we realize we were under the old gods control! What a twist!
    And then we sit back and say "Wow those dudes are dicks"

Quote Originally Posted by Tussi View Post
    Also IIRC 1 on 1 an old god is much more powerful than a titan, but they aren't nearly as numerous. So an old god at full strength would probably beat sargeras should there be no demonic minions helping him.
    Not entirely true. As far as Old Gods go, they appear to infest (or rather occupy, infest has such a negative connotation) more planets that just Azeroth (*points to Outlands*) so it is safe to assume that the Old Gods are just as numerous as the Titans (actually probably much more numerous) but during the massive Titans vs. Old Gods war on Azeroth there were a lot more Titans present. The Old Gods power in terms of 1v1 with a Titan is not something we can judge just because we have never seen a Titan in game or been shown a measure of their power.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed opinions on this matter, on one hand, sargeras is pretty much *the* big baddie of the warcraft universe. This is partly because of mystery, as we've seen a couple of old gods now, so we know their tactics (i.e. deception and corruption more so than straight out war). However as more time passes, the likelihood of another villain popping up to rival/surpass sargeras has to increase. So from a purely logical point of view, I'd say there will be someone with more power than sargeras as long as time continues to flow.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post

They will make a fun raid at the very end. All it is is one room and a giant crab in it named Ghostcrawler.
    Yup. Killing Sargeras HM leads the pantheon to open the door behind his room in the Black Citadel, and you find Ghostcrawler, who insta-kills the titans, and we fight him and he drops all legendaries

its gonna happen

I see the underlying motif of all the major lore in wow as that same old timeless classic:
    The Balance Between Good and Evil.

Good cannot exist without Evil
    Order cannot exist without Chaos

The Old Gods and the Burning Legion represent Evil and Chaos.
    The Pantheon and noble Gods (Elune etc) represent Goodness and Order.

And we hapless mortals exist only because of the intermingling of the two.
    The existence of mortals is the product of the Pantheons order, mixed with the Chaos of the Old Gods, The curse of Flesh.
    The Pantheon could not destroy the Old Gods, they could only imprison them, because you cannot destroy Evil, there must be the balance. If Sargeras can truly play marbles with Planets, and want's us destroyed, then why hasn't he done so already. If the Pantheon is many, and Sargeras is one (albeit the strong one) why have they not put a stop to him yet.

I don't think we will ever see an end to the Evil/Chaotic forces of WoW.

Our final battle if we ever see one is ore likely to entail some restoring of the balance that allows us to exist.
    Either end of the spectrum, Titan 'Re-origination' or Old God destruction will pronounce doom for the mortal races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senataur View Post
    I see the underlying motif of all the major lore in wow as that same old timeless classic:
    The Balance Between Good and Evil.

Good cannot exist without Evil
    Order cannot exist without Chaos

The Old Gods and the Burning Legion represent Evil and Chaos.
    The Pantheon and noble Gods (Elune etc) represent Goodness and Order.

And we hapless mortals exist only because of the intermingling of the two.
    The existence of mortals is the product of the Pantheons order, mixed with the Chaos of the Old Gods, The curse of Flesh.
    The Pantheon could not destroy the Old Gods, they could only imprison them, because you cannot destroy Evil, there must be the balance. If Sargeras can truly play marbles with Planets, and want's us destroyed, then why hasn't he done so already. If the Pantheon is many, and Sargeras is one (albeit the strong one) why have they not put a stop to him yet.

I don't think we will ever see an end to the Evil/Chaotic forces of WoW.

Our final battle if we ever see one is ore likely to entail some restoring of the balance that allows us to exist.
    Either end of the spectrum, Titan 'Re-origination' or Old God destruction will pronounce doom for the mortal races.
    I think your reading into it a bit much. Plus, in the case of the titans, it would be the battle of right and wrong. The reason the titans couldnt kill the old gods was because they were underneath the ground so far that if they were killed, that section of the planet would crumble. While a nice try, i think your being a bit too deep. Its all here:http://www.wowwiki.com/Subterranean_being_matrix

I think your reading into it a bit much. Plus, in the case of the titans, it would be the battle of right and wrong. The reason the titans couldnt kill the old gods was because they were underneath the ground so far that if they were killed, that section of the planet would crumble. While a nice try, i think your being a bit too deep. Its all here:http://www.wowwiki.com/Subterranean_being_matrix
    you are a night elf.. your argument is invalid

He's right. The only thing underlying in WoW is just how subjective Right and Wrong (morality that is) is and how much perspective changes how a situation looks.

I find it would be interesting that as we go through the expansion with sargeras it is hinted and eventually revealed that there is an even stronger demon and that sargeras was only the demon we knew and saw however he answered to someone who could kill him with a flex of the finger
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310
    Look at it this way. The elemental plane is tied to many different planes but is not a part of it.

Starbucks 1: Azeroth
    Starbucks 2: Outland
    Street: Elemental plane

So the elemental plane is connected to both the starbucks but the two starbucks arent actually connected. If im on the street I can either go to one side of the street and go into starbucks 1 or 2. But if I use a truckload of C4 to blow out the wall of starbucks 1 the place would be changed completely. Starbucks 2 however remains intact.

Quote Originally Posted by lilsaint View Post
    Sargeras is a titan. Titan's are (supposedly) the beings that both created and watch over all life and are very similar to what we think of gods. Think of Zeus, a very powerful greek god, what is more powerful than him? Perhaps Hades or Posiedon match his power, but they are all brothers, very similar to the pantheon titans.
    So after we handle the titans we have to deal with the Azerothian Gaea, Uranus, Chronos and the rest of the gang!

Also, Dark Side, you should probably stop acting like your the end all be all of anything related to the Old Gods. Unless you're the sole developer of the Old Gods story arc, anyone's interpretation of them and the story is just as valid as yours, regardless of whether you think they're "reading into it a bit much."

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    So after we handle the titans we have to deal with the Azerothian Gaea, Uranus, Chronos and the rest of the gang!

Also, Dark Side, you should probably stop acting like your the end all be all of anything related to the Old Gods. Unless you're the sole developer of the Old Gods story arc, anyone's interpretation of them and the story is just as valid as yours, regardless of whether you think they're "reading into it a bit much."
    Well had you actually read Dark's post he stated that he "thinks" he is reading a bit too much into it. That's him giving an opinion on the matter. He's more than welcome to "think" someone else is wrong that's why there are these discussions. Now if Dark stated that he was wrong and Dark's hypothesis was the only correct one I could see your hatred but until then just discuss the matter at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by lilsaint View Post
    think of zeus, a very powerful greek god, what is more powerful than him? Perhaps hades or posiedon match his power, but they are all brothers, very similar to the pantheon titans.
    kratos!!![COLOR="red"]
    Quote Originally Posted by zolok
    Haha, everyone knows FIFA isn't a football game, it's Soccer!
    Quote Originally Posted by W
    You are clearly the idiot here as Blizzard would be able to check the IP address and mmo-champ can match up the ip address as well so boom headshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fshfsjdk
    by the way, it's not key logger.

15+ Year Old Account
    And here I was, thinking he was just some Warlock Titan.
    Silly me, should have known he magically got transformed into a Demon himself.
    Dawwwwwww

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    He plays marbles with planets.
    This reminded me of the ending of Men In Black

Deleted
    the most powerful is... whoever created sargeras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post

I dont act like i am anyone. I merely expressed my interpretation of his veiw on the story and it was quite valid. I provided evidence as to my inquistion and my beleifs. Im not forcing you to follow my beliefs, and if you dont like me personaly, my posts or my thoughts; well the world keeps spinning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how Sargeras' leg is doing.

i for one, think that the death of sargaeras and the old gods (and possibly the titans) would be a great thing for warcraft. atm, there are too many ultimate beings in the world. another warcraft rts would be incredibly insignificant at this point, as there are so many ultimate baddies that can just wipe everything out. once all the incredible powerful beings are gone, we have the forces of azeroth, pitted against each other in war. the undead control themselves, create their own ranks, and all the other races reproduce. the individual is once again significant, as the gods are dead.