Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Does Festering Strike also extend the duration of Ebon Plague? If the talent for Ebon Plague said its third disease applied whenever Blood Plague and Frost Fever were in effect (as it used to?), then I'd have thought so, but it now requires Icy Touch, Chains of Ice, or Plague Strike to reapply. If so, it doesn't seem like Unholy will be able to replace Icy Touch and Plague Strike applications with FeStr. Am I missing something here?

I don't think Blizz has done much with the DK tree because of how badly the rune system is working atm. It seems like they replaced DS with FeS in Dirge mostly to see how it affected people's rotation, but they aren't doing anything major to the tree and haven't since the initial pruning down to the smaller trees. I imagine once they've got the rune system working better, they'll begin to review the talents beyond minor changes. At least, I hope so. Reading these changes on dk's is pretty boring atm, beyond the addition of FeStr. I like the concept of removing the BS spam, but I'm worried about making DS the only accessible heal available to DK's and then making it so "against the grain" of Unholy's rotation to use.

Quote Originally Posted by HisDivineOrder View Post
    Does Festering Strike also extend the duration of Ebon Plague? If the talent for Ebon Plague said its third disease applied whenever Blood Plague and Frost Fever were in effect (as it used to?), then I'd have thought so, but it now requires Icy Touch, Chains of Ice, or Plague Strike to reapply. If so, it doesn't seem like Unholy will be able to replace Icy Touch and Plague Strike applications with FeStr. Am I missing something here?

I don't think Blizz has done much with the DK tree because of how badly the rune system is working atm. It seems like they replaced DS with FeS in Dirge mostly to see how it affected people's rotation, but they aren't doing anything major to the tree and haven't since the initial pruning down to the smaller trees. I imagine once they've got the rune system working better, they'll begin to review the talents beyond minor changes. At least, I hope so. Reading these changes on dk's is pretty boring atm, beyond the addition of FeStr. I like the concept of removing the BS spam, but I'm worried about making DS the only accessible heal available to DK's and then making it so "against the grain" of Unholy's rotation to use.
    It will extend the duration of Ebon Plague. EP duration is based on the duration of your diseases, so if their duration is extended then it will extend the duration of EP.