Thread: So many..

Deleted

So many..

Hi guys,

I have a little bit of a problem, I play a mage. It's not that I don't like the class,. In fact, I love it! But on my realm (Terenas) there are so many mages, it's hard to find a spot for a raid.

So now i'm thinking of rerolling a warlock. I Warlock a fun class to play compared to mages? Are the mechanics and the "feeling" kind off the same?

Thanks in advance!
    Revolium

( Sorry for my bad English, It's not my native language )

Statistics on your realm show that mages are at 10%, below DKs, druids, pallys, and hunters.

I guess locks and rogues would be the best choices.

I'm not sure how much I can add, but I am currently leveling a lock and it's been a lot of fun. Full BOA + Affliction spec = no downtime.

Yeah, my main is a mage, currently leveling a lock (level 32 atm) and I love it. Probably won't replace my mage, but almost definitely lowering my pally (2nd of two 80s) down a couple notches.

Affliction + field of enemies = experience farm with no downtime and you come out with full HP/Mana. Wish I could say leveling my mage was this fun, easy, or streamlined between pulls (probably wouldn't have been *as* bad if I knew what I was doing at the time, but I was fresh).

Starts a little slow, I recall at times in the first 10 lvls debating between life tapping so I could kill a mob and risking death or sitting them OOM and risking death. Once you get Drain Life it gets better. The Siphon Life talent just makes it faceroll. Pulled an entire field of the farmers in Hillsbrad with dots only and was able to pop Hellfire and still stay at full HP. I seriously wanted more enemies to test my skills. I've also found that it's annoying when healers top me off after life tapping in dungeons now lol.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could transfer to a realm with less mages. My realm (Earthen Ring EU) doesn't have a lot of them, and I imagine the same applies for other realms.

But then, warlocks are much more fun than mages anyway. My main in vanilla was a mage, but now I play a DK and a warlock. Going back to the mage feels like inflicting brain damage on myself; every mage spec uses about two or three buttons in a fight -_-
    Peace through love, understanding and superior firepower.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as your ok with your "new" spells every expansion being ripoffs of your mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolium View Post
    So now i'm thinking of rerolling a warlock. I Warlock a fun class to play compared to mages? Are the mechanics and the "feeling" kind off the same?

Revolium
    ( Sorry for my bad English, It's not my native language )
    Ok, Rolling a lock won't get you a raid spot any easier then playing your mage. HoweverDO IT!! Yes Warlocks are a very fun class to play compared to mages or any class really. The mechanics are the same But different. Your still a ranged cannon your just not as fragile as your mage.

The feeling is completely different you have to manage your pet to some extent. And though people think alot of the warlock spells are rip off of mages(an some of them are) the "feeling" of playing a warlock is different at least to me.

Either way Roll a warlock and test it out.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does feel different as long as your playing affliction, and I love it, however the moment I saw Dark Intent, I was not surprised, I was just like "again?". Meanwhile Mages get bloodlust?

how about being a better mage?... i mean once you're in, you should be able to keep your spot... if you need to reroll because you can't compete with other mages, i suspect you'll have the same problem when your lock is ready too...

mages and locks are alot alike and alot different... but their spots in the raid are the same... you'll still be fighting for a raid spot with those same mages... and rolling on the same gear...

you want a better chance at a raid spot?... roll a toon that can tank or heal...

Warlocks are the best class in the game. Can't be proven wrong.

Both classes are looking like getting new utility for raids, so short of a fight which requires a very specific tactic which only one can utilise, then there will be little need to choose one over the other.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doctadrew View Post
    warlocks are the best class in the game. Can't be proven wrong.
    qft