Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fromthe View Post
    OMG, if ogres made it, I would reroll immediately. I mean, they even have their own dance. How many NPCs do.
    Remember new model and likely new dance, though hell yah that'd be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Ogres are propable, just like Goblins, some of them are allied with the Horde for a long time, they should be playable.
    Now, to the OP - MURLOCS? Seriously? I'd jump off a cliff if those things were playable. What next, kobolds?
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres are just bigger, dumber, uglier versions of Orcs...

What next, kobolds?
    Omg Kobolds are so cute! I'd love if they made some sort of Alliance with the Worgen, we could bring them candles!
    I dont think they'd be a very good playable race, though.
    Last edited by Vail; 2010-07-30 at 11:51 PM.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Alyran View Post
    True, though I don't see my dislike of Draenei as a problem It's just my opinion.
    Trust me, it's a problem. Not for its own sake, but because you feel the need to justify it by implying that you somehow know better than the rest of us.

It is fact however, that a lot of the lore has been retconned with the introduction of the Draenei.
    Case in point: classifying the alteration of one throwaway detail as "a lot."

Eredar were originally the ones who corrupted Sargeras and there was no link between Draenei and Eredar.
    The first part is true. However, there was just as much connection between draenei and eredar as there was between worgen and ancient super-seekrit druidic orders.

The lore of the worgen was always vague. No known homeworld or origin.
    One of the few things we knew was "Holding the Scythe in my hands, I received a vision of chaos. Wolf-men... the worgen... battled an incredible enemy. The worgen fought savagely, as fit their primitive race, but their enemy was unflinching: the Lords of the Emerald Flame.". The vision of the Night Elf who summoned them. It can mean a lot. No retcon here
    Any more significant connection between worgen and night elves than that—i.e. super-seekrit druidic orders—is just as much of a retcon as the draenei thing. The original purpose of the Scythe was to open dimensional rifts; the worgen had nothing whatsoever to do with druidism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    I dont think Blizz should give anymore races any more class combos, pretty soon everyone will be able to play everything, that's kinda lame.
    They have to, or they fail. No stealth draeninjas.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2010-07-31 at 12:04 AM.

Ogres! I really want ogres in the horde! I mean, we are already allied to some, cant remember their name, but they are in Dustwallow Marsh. I really really want them in the horde, and if they would put in a new race, I would think that ogres would be the most likely to join the Horde.

For alliance: Well I dont play alliance, and I think that they are getting wierder and wierder stuff, first Draenai, that have, like some1 else here posted, no real good lore behind them at all. And the reason they join the alliance, is just random (Too get help with the Burning Legion or something, if Im not wrong), and now they get Worgens, that, first I really hated that they will get since it was 100% random, but after all the lore and quests, and that they were gilnean and stuff, I can accept them. Honestly I think that the alliance dont need more races, simply cuz they have no more allies, but if horde got 1 new race and Alliance would not get any, it would be tons of QQ. But if they were to get a new, I guess furbolgs, cuz they are allied with them in some way, ( again don't play alliance so dont know how)

TL;DR Horde should get ogres and Alliance Furbolgs
    Sorry for typos and crowded text and stuff, but its late here and english aint my main language

And btw, I dont hate alliance, just think they have enough races already that would likely join them.
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

10+ Year Old Account
    I think furbolgs should be a neutral race, one that could be in the Alliance or the Horde.
    People want Pandaren but I honestly don't see them aligning themselves with the Horde, they don't like anything 'evil' while they would probs get along with the Tauren they would hate the Undead... They would make a better Alliance race but they seem to be pretty independent.

Also, putting an extra race on either side and leaving the other out would cause a tremendous amount of QQ by either one.
    Blizz would probably never go down that route, though.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Assuming Great Seas Expansion: Lets see we could have (please note these are rough draft)

Alliance:
    Murlocs - A smarter and taller clan than usual, and where are they? Well with Kul Tiras further out at sea...
    Racials - Fish Do Leave Footprint [+10 Fishing], Sensitive Fins [Improved Stealth Detection], High Pressure Metabolism [Well Fed Buffs last 25% Longer]
    Starter Zone - Kul Tiras. Zone is about taking out the opposing Murloc tribes on the Island (done with a somewhat superior attitude for effect), striking an uneasy alliance with the Kul Tiras which is strengthened when you help them repel an invading group of Naga. Zone finishes the fleet of Kul Tiras begins losing a naval battle to the Horde but the Murlocs intervene underwater (with explosives) and save the day. Under the circumstances the Murloc are officially welcomed as members of the Alliance.
    Class Choices - Shaman, Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Rogue, Death Knight
    Mount - Snap Dragon
    High Elves - WAIT, Don't Kill Me Yet. Not High Elves as we know them today. We've seen from Blood Elves that Elves are genetically malleable. We've also seen that they lack a home. By taking over {unnamed generic desolate southern Kalimdor archipelago} they would have a home. Furthermore to cure the desolation they take soil, fauna and seeds from the Wild Thicket and try to use magic to expand it over the islands and while it changes the island it also has a bit of magical backlash (remember that soil is the result of blue and black dragons). This changes them making them taller and broader as well as giving them darker blue eyes and dragon-esque ears((like this: http://aimeemajor.com/dolls/sde03b.jpg)). More over the presence of the crystal fauna leads to various style changes ie jewelry made from it as well as various crystal hair adornments.
    Racials - Great Historians [+15 Inscription], Piercing Magic [+15 Spell Pen], Radiant Energy [Reasonable AoE]
    Such and Such Archipelago (off the coast of Silithus) - Focuses mostly on the plights of settling an unstable land. Make a pasture for the horses, deal with underground silithids and managing a growing threat of previously dead vegetation fighting the islands transformation and screwing with the ecosystem.
    Class Choices - Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Rogue, Death Knight, Priest, Druid
    Mount - Quel'Dorei Steed

Horde:
    Ogre
    Racials - Big Guy, Big Stick [+1% Expertise With 2-Handed Weapons], Work Ready [+10 Mining], Natural Armour [+X Armour (I don't tank I don't know]
    Deadwind Pass - With the dominion of the Gronn swayed various Ogre tribes from Outlands have come seeking new homes in Azeroth. Unbeknown to the Ogres land in Azeroth is hard to find, and people are rarely kind enough to give it up. The Violet Eye however has struck an agreement with the fleeing Ogres "Stay away from Karazhan and Deadwing Pass is yours." However the Humans of Duskshire and the Deadwind Ogre Tribe disagree. As word reachs Orgrimmar of this event Garrosh sees the Ogres as a perfect opportunity to setup a forward base camp by Stormwind, a fact too well understood by King Wrynn.
    Class Choices - Warrior, Priest, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Death Knight
    Mount - Clefthoof
    Pandaren - After being sprayed by irradiated crystals from the Exodar (resulting in a number of mishaps) the Pandaren quietly asked for assistance from Tyrande Whisperwind and the Night Elves (being the only group to know of this tragedy in BC, Wrath etc, however being embroiled in a silent civil war with Archdruid Staghelm the priestess refused her old allies. Left without aid the Pandaren fought their irradiate enemies for years until Chen Stormstout set out to find Rexxar and inevitably the Horde.
    Racials - Warm Body [2% Chance to be Missed by Frost Spells], Polearm Mastery [+2% Expertise], Pandaren Grace [+X Agility]
    Class Choices - Warrior, Druid, Shaman, Mage (by extension of Geomancer), Priest, Hunter, Death Knight
    Starter Zone - Pandaria. Shocking choice I know. Pandaria is littered with irradiating crystals showered from the Exodar. Travel to and from the remote lands has become extremely constrained and the once proud Horses of Pandaria are now so rare that only royals may own one. Part way through the zone Rexxar, Chen Stormstout and a group of horde warriors arrive to help the Pandaren reclaim their homeland.
    Mount - Praying Mantises

And a New Class for good measure.

Demon Hunter - A Hero Class. Technically it requires a race to be able to a Mage, Warlock or Druid... but that's every race.
    Class Mount - Tamed Warp Dragon
    Class Specs - Demonology: A caster spec based around turning particular melee stats into caster stats particularly focusing on having up two kinds of debuff (1 Magic Debuff 1 Curse, different types of both, but they all overwrite each other). Moreover they also focus on using Off-Hand Frills. Force: A PvP, DPS and Off-Tank Spec (yes a dedicated Off Tank). Like Warriors Force DHs will have two final talents to choose from [Demonic Fortitude - Increase Defense and Stamina gained and allows for use of Mail Armour] and [Pitlord Strike - A Heavy Hitting AoE, with a Blade Flurry-esque mechanic]. Finesse: Finesse is a mostly melee spec, using a sort of disengage that buffs particular throw abilities (alongside a buff that helps improve the throw damage like combo points, or more accurately like the new Pally "Holy Power" mechanic) tl;dr a spec all about timing.
    Class Armour - Leather, though Force can spec into Mail.
    Class Weapons - 1H Swords, 1H Axes, 2H Axes, Polearms, Daggers, Fist Weapons.
    Relic/Ranged Slot - New Relic System, but specializes in demonic relics.

Starting Level and Zone - 65 and Requires at least one 65. They start in the Karabor Training Grounds. This does not culminate in the same kind of battle as it does in Scarlet Enclave. You join the Illidari at the opening of the Dark Portal and you were a member of the Horde or Alliance before hand (no one knew who you were or that you defected). You grow restless and distrusting of the Illidari after you gain your demonic powers. More and more you see people who were in your faction Instead the series culminates when you watch a group of Aldor and Scryer adventurers (of your faction) take out the Shade of Akama. Your quests then take you to fight the invaders but you end up hesitating before you kill them. Being the heroic type one of the NPCs monologues about how you still aren't one of them and don't have to be. At that point Gorefiend hops down, says something dark and finishes off that contingent. He then uses his powers to lift you into the air taking constant damage (down to 1 health) before releasing you and giving you a quest to report this to Illidan. You hear the Reliquary fight begin and random souls come out (to give you something to fight on the way). On your way to Illidan you run into the corpses of the Illidari council. You turn in the report to Illidan quest there, getting a continuation quest which involves the statement "You could leave now and he'd never.. No Illidan knows everything that goes on in the Outlands." The zone comes to an end at the Temple Summit where you see the invading group on the verge of a wipe. You turn in the quest to Akama who tells you that these adventures are done for and you should seek council with A'dal and rejoin your faction. You are then put on Akama's personal Nether Ray who flies you out of the instance and straight to Shattrath. You turn in the quest to A'dal, who gives you one last follow up (optional and somewhat redundant, really for the RP people) sending you to Stormwind or Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Faerillis; 2010-07-31 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Added Starter Zones

10+ Year Old Account
    Murloc wouldn't make sense unless there was another tribe found, one that was a bit more intelligent, or at least one that could say more than Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!

And PLEASE no more elves, if you wanna be an elf there's already two to choose from on either faction.

Pandarens ride on horses and I don't think they would join the horde exclusively, it goes against their Lore and beliefs, they suit the Alliance more, if they had to choose.

I think either the Naga or Furbolg would be a cool new race at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    Murloc wouldn't make sense unless there was another tribe found, one that was a bit more intelligent, or at least one that could say more than Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!

And PLEASE no more elves, if you wanna be an elf there's already two to choose from on either faction.

Pandarens ride on horses and I don't think they would join the horde exclusively, it goes against their Lore and beliefs, they suit the Alliance more, if they had to choose.

I think either the Naga or Furbolg would be a cool new race at some point.
    1. I did say a smarter taller tribe of Murlocs didn't I? I would personally call them Conchfin Murloc but w/e
    2. Why no more Elves? There are plenty of reasons for Elves and there are plenty of Elves. Irrationally limiting choices is fucking stupid. Ever think roleplayers might like it? Ever thought Blizzard might do well exploring the divide between the High Elves and the Blood Elves and hell even bringing in the Night Elves for good measure?
    3. Did you read the reason why? Yes I do hate Tyrande and yes I am Horde biased but I did give a reason. Now I did think about switching Pandaren and Murloc but I figured that perhaps the Alliance would enjoy more unique and interesting races. Admittedly the Murlocs being on Kul Tiras could be played either way. Also I didn't give them Horses because Horses would be a boring racial mount. Perhaps the Horses of Pandaria went extinct.
    4. Under my own statements I can't say there shouldn't be Naga but if you recall the Naga as a race were devoted followers of Queen Azshara, and from what I've heard about the status of Neptulon I can't say that many Naga would be quick to cross her (though this could work as a reason they cross her). Not to mention they still have the Naga-Tube Sock Conundrum to deal with. Furbolgs, where would you base them? Have them share a starter zone with the Night Elves? Um we kind of just broke that cycle lets not restart it. I don't think they are a bad choice as a playable race but that is a glaring problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    centaur wouldnt be horde because the orcs and taurens killed as many as possible and took there home land.

To Faerillis,
    First off you seemed to create some random lore there which is understandable, but in certain cases its meh. Night elf civil war? Not gonna happen if it hasnt happened yet, as well as the fact that as stated before, Pandarians would never align themselves with the Forsaken (and possibly the belfs) for they are almost polar opposites. While on the topic of elves, High Elves are already in existance and allied to the alliance (aka the ally faction in Dalaran). Also being randomly morphed into dragon-like elves is just plain...not gonna happen. And for the third topic, Demon Hunter. While I like the idea, the fact that the only demon hunters seen in WoW being elves as well as the fact that you just randomly poof in there "unknown" is just plain bad storytelling, not to mention if they did this hero class it would have been best filled in at the launch of BC, because yes I know you can still make a DK even though Arthas is now dead, but I mean comeon, Illidan has been dead for like 4 years now, it would just be awkward. And then the murlocs....just no. It would be more like "Oh look, those different looking murlocs are helping us destroy the more savage and primitive murlocs, load the cannons and kill them all"

And to Hadrone,
    Those centaur in Desolace dont seem to be that pissed off with you considering you can eventually get to exalted with either or faction just by doing mediocre quests

On a side topic everybody seems to be convinced the Great Sea expansion is indeed quite possible, but honestly if it will come into existance (and assuming Azshara is the big baddy in it) it will more or less end up becomming a new end game raid simular to Sunwell. I mean honestly the ocean isnt enough for an expansion of its own, considering the only real bosses that we know of atm are Azshara and Nessy. And I realize the irony of saying the ocean isnt enough for an expansion considering the fact that the ocean makes up well...a very large portion of the map but its not like we will be able to zoom around the entire body of water.
    Last edited by Gharld; 2010-07-31 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    To Faerillis,
    First off you seemed to create some random lore there which is understandable, but in certain cases its meh. Night elf civil war? Not gonna happen if it hasnt happened yet, as well as the fact that as stated before, Pandarians would never align themselves with the Forsaken (and possibly the belfs) for they are almost polar opposites. While on the topic of elves, High Elves are already in existance and allied to the alliance (aka the ally faction in Dalaran). Also being randomly morphed into dragon-like elves is just plain...not gonna happen. And for the third topic, Demon Hunter. While I like the idea, the fact that the only demon hunters seen in WoW being elves as well as the fact that you just randomly poof in there "unknown" is just plain bad storytelling, not to mention if they did this hero class it would have been best filled in at the launch of BC, because yes I know you can still make a DK even though Arthas is now dead, but I mean comeon, Illidan has been dead for like 4 years now, it would just be awkward.

And to Hadrone,
    Those centaur in Desolace dont seem to be that pissed off with you considering you can eventually get to exalted with either or faction just by doing mediocre quests
    Silent Civil War. If you read wowwiki on the Night Elves you will understand that there was a major rift in Night Elf politics, though only the uppermost echelons of society know of it. Also the Humans prove themselves afraid of the "changed" people many times over, yet they accept the Worgen. Why? Desperation oh and because they have some major issues to "work out" with a race within the opposite faction. I admit that Pandaren are my weakest race choice, but I couldn't think of another possible race for the Horde to take. If you have any other suggestions that catch my attention I'd be glad to hear it.

High Elves have malleable genes, see how the Blood Elves genetic material changed with the induction of Fel Energy. Trying to move the magical energies and heavily resilient life from Crystalsong Forest through the use of various types of magic (mostly their new practice of druidism (yes that's new lore)). The current status of Crystalsong Forest is brought on by the numerous dead Blue and Black dragons there, which causes the ears to morph.

As for Demon Hunters, no I'm not very attached to that idea either. I started writing to add it and just continued. Admittedly Blizz has made it clear everything in Outlands is in a time bubble. The only reason I added that was for my first concept of a new hero class that can no longer be... Nightmare Hunters. Their backstory was that after such a long battle within the Emerald Dream even Cenarius turned and Malfurion in need of new strength tore a page from his brothers book, combining the powers of an Archdruid with those of a Demon Hunter and manipulating the Emerald Dream.

As for Murlocs: Yes god forbid a different and unique race right? You know a mostly aquatic race particularly suited to particular operations while dealing with the Maelstrom and Queen Azshara. You're right there is no use for them, I mean they are almost as useless for that as sarcasm is for proving a point.
    Last edited by Faerillis; 2010-07-31 at 04:27 AM.

As far as new classes, I would like to see a class that is horde only and a class that is alliance only (such as shadowhunter for horde and demonhunter for alliance) furthermore, only Trolls can be shadowhunters and only Nelves can be demonhunters.

For the new races, I would like to see the Naga in the game as a playable race, however, I do not see it happening. Blizzard will probably make something that we have never even thought of the next playable race (much like the worgen, it came way out of left field)

I do not see any new class/race combos because, well anything else would kill the lore and probably would not make too much sense anyway (Draenei/Tauren rogues anyone?)

This is not really part of this thread, but I would LOVE to see an entire expansion that takes place in the past. We already have CoT instances, just take the Dark Portal mechanics and apply them to a portal in the cavern and let us go back to aid in the war of the ancients (without being turned into humans that is)

Just a few ideas of mine.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett View Post
    I do not see any new class/race combos because, well anything else would kill the lore and probably would not make too much sense anyway (Draenei/Tauren rogues anyone?)
    First of all, they're adding at least one draenei rogue NPC to the game already.

Secondly, the lore is flexible enough that nothing short of draenei and tauren warlocks would be likely to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    First of all, they're adding at least one draenei rogue NPC to the game already.

Secondly, the lore is flexible enough that nothing short of draenei and tauren warlocks would be likely to kill it.
    There is a "Draenei" that can stealth (going by WC3 TFT lore) already, his name is Akama and he is not a Draenei as we know them today, he is one of the broken (he no longer has hooves). a playable Draenei/Tauren rogue would make no sense because of the clip clop of his hooves as he tried to sneak up on someone.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett View Post
    There is a "Draenei" that can stealth (going by WC3 TFT lore) already, his name is Akama and he is not a Draenei as we know them today, he is one of the broken (he no longer has hooves).
    I'm not talking about Akama. They are putting an NPC named "Exarch Cyn" in the Echo Isles. She's a rogue, and she's not a Broken.

a playable Draenei/Tauren rogue would make no sense because of the clip clop of his hooves as he tried to sneak up on someone.
    And here, we have the return of the most popular—and flimsiest—counter-argument ever. If stealthing with hooves breaks your suspension of disbelief, you might want to consider a genre other than high fantasy.

Personally I'd like to see Dryad's as a new race first n foremost. Other than that prolly Ogres, Naga, and dare I say it Harpies (would need alot of work on that one though prolly).

And just to point out Blizz has already stated they've learned from implementing draenei that they need to seed a race into the game prior to releasing them as PCs. So totally out of nowhere new race is extremely unlikely.

at Faerillis
    Holy shiz guy, what have u been smoking to keep up this High elf mutation biz u keep going on about. Sorry but blood elves use of fel has not moved them all that far from high elves. Something like your talking about would take a hell of a lot longer than wow has to happen and wouldn't just happen by being exposed to it through a not all that long fight with the blue dragonflight. : /

Edit: That Tolvir race seems rather interesting too but, I'm not gonna get my hopes up lol.
    Last edited by Khaoticsuccubus; 2010-07-31 at 07:22 AM.

There was a thread about a new class called a time warden, had all the lore, most abilities, even the starter zone, check it out,

Deleted
    Alliance-high elves and furbolgs Horde-ogres and maybe naga if they solve the mount isssue and the boot issue and the lore issue...nope,no nagas

Dryads, dryads, dryads, PLEASE for the love of everything lovable, DRYADS (or nymphs, like frost nymphs but you get my point)!!! Even Cenarius is back to continue making them, you got EVERYTHING to implement them as a playable race, so what's the problem?

And give ogres to horde, they need more ugliness and fugly fat females too.

And seriously stop with high elfs -.- For 1000000th time -- Blood elfs and high elfs are pretty much the same race with very minor differences.