Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Still the game will be getting more "accessible" therefore you wont see a dungeon bigger in length or complexity than the ones in wotlk come cataclysm.

As mentioned at the start of the thread, Halls of Origination looks kind of epic with 7 bosses at 85. Hell, Throne of the Tides is pretty cool with only 4 bosses at level ~81.

I'm looking forward to how they distribute CC/AoE/Boss Strategies in later dungeons.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-08-11 at 04:15 AM.

They made a big dungeon called ICC(5man)- and very sensibly divided it into 3. Which is a good thing as people try to avoid trash in there already and I hear complaints that FoS is too long/too much trash. And I guess everyone forgot already how much complaint there was about how hard HoR was when everyone first went there.
    And anyone else spend 4 hours in H S/lab in TBC - OMFG never again plz

It would be such a waste to make a similar instance only for 25 ppl to ever go through it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but how many times out of 10 did you actually kill 90%+ of the bosses in BRD with a pug, or even friends/guildies? Not many.

I don't miss crapholes like that, personally I think 20-30 minutes is a good marker for 5man runs. Then again it can vary wildly depending on the tank and the dps, or even the healer if he/she is that bad.
    "The truth, my goal."

And anyone else spend 4 hours in H S/lab in TBC - OMFG never again plz
    Terrible group / lying to enforce your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually loved BRD but, I am talking from a perspective of a player that does instances whit guild friends, i see the pain it was for people that had to pug it.

ICC 5 mans is the best example of giving a good experience to both kind of players.
    If you are in a pug is divided in sections for easy access.
    For people whit friends we can experience the 3 instance as one and get a good experience.

The dungeons could be a little bit larger, but please no BRD style dungeons... seriously what a terrible shothole. I must have cleared that place like 100 times in Vanilla but sometimes I still get lost in there.

Some of you swear it's the end of the world getting lost in a dungeon, would you prefer everything be a corridor with corners like wotlk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    Some of you swear it's the end of the world getting lost in a dungeon, would you prefer everything be a corridor with corners like wotlk?
    Getting lost is hardly fun, come on man.
    "The truth, my goal."

They all Should be like Azjol-Nerub

15+ Year Old Account
    I've cleared every vanilla instance completely at one point or another, including Father Flame and Barov's wife. Actually really liked instances like Maraudon, which most people avoided because they were just unwilling to do it enough to familiarise themselves with it.

With the "winged" instances, there was never an obligation to clear the entire thing in one sitting (as if anyone wouldn't be absolutely exhausted after a full BRD clear). In Cataclysm, it would be nice to have wings - I think Halls of Origination has four distinct areas, each with its own boss - where you have the choice of doing one, some or all.

The best idea is to have options, but not so much option that when the group forms you conflict over which wing(s) to clear. That's the advantage of a raid with different wings. You tend to stick with the same group so everyone has the same goals in mind. With five-mans, unless everyone is in agreement about which areas to clear, there is a greater chance of the group disbanding than actually doing anything.

If Blizzard ever puts options into a dungeon, you will have to find a group of guildies or friends to do the unnecessary parts; as very few pugs will want to do any more than the bare minimum.

Not many people want to put in the timesink that something like Maraudon or BRD was, even though those instances had absolutely epic feels to them.
    For the Alliance!

I too enjoyed content like this, that gave you options, unlike the linear dungeiosn we know today. BRD, Strat, and Scholo were big on this, and BRS had 2 dungeons in it. LBRS and UBRS. I also wish they brought back the mini raids like UBRS. thats when dungeons weren't just a grind for free epics

As someone else has pointed out, the idea now is to have 'large' instances - but split them into 2 or 3 different wings.

So, you've got Ulduar (the 5 mans - not the raid). Which is 8 bosses in total (4 in HoS, 4 in HoL). You could've, as you were levelling up with your friends, have run first HoS then HoL. Or the Frozen Halls (aka ICC 5 mans). Those instances specifically lead you from one to the other and then to HoR at the end.

The Dungeon Finder has badly divided people from the instance they're doing to the area they're doing them in.