Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Shielding the tanks is pretty sweet OP but I think renew on smaller pulls with flash heal is actually better mana wise. On larger pulls shields should be used. At least that's how I remember it.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-08-01 at 04:55 PM.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Deleted
    2/10

Deleted
    Well i use the 'tactic' by tricking their feeble minds into derision by letting them pull, gather some rage and then use Power Word : Shield on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the same problem when I was around level 40 on my priest. Some warrior yelled at me for shielding him, when I told him that's half of how I heal at this level he tried to tell me I was wrong. I kept shielding him, and he kept getting angrier. Eventually he just make such big pulls that it would break instantly, but we had competent dps that could AoE them quick enough so it was alright.

You learn to deal with idiots when using the dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyne View Post
    I kept shielding him, and he kept getting angrier..
    Sounds like your shields were giving him plenty of rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lackluster, thank you for the laugh!

OP, what level are you now? When you can, spec for Power Infusion (should be at 40) use it on yourself for big pulls and Holy Nova your heart out, so much fun.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Lackluster, thank you for the laugh!

OP, what level are you now? When you can, spec for Power Infusion (should be at 40) use it on yourself for big pulls and Holy Nova your heart out, so much fun.
    Damn, why have I never though of that?!?!

/lvl 49 Disc priest also leveling through "dung" finder

I've found only a few idiots who think that they don't generate rage through shields, but if they complain I just give it a sec to shield them, and then just toss a Renew on them as well, if the Glyph of PW:S doesn't fill them up. Oh, and Prot Pallies have never complained about being shielded, in my experience. Maybe it gets worse for higher levels, but I've never heard any complaints about mana from them. Dunno.

I am currently leveling a Disc priest at 60 and have never heard a single complaint about my shields. My only bad experiences now come from DKs now that they are coming up in RDF.

well prot pallies have SoW for low level dungeons, so they shouldn't have much mana issues at that time.

once they get DP (71 i believe?), they will progressively shift to SoV (while sometimes keeping JoW).

still, shields may cause pallies to be a bit mana-starved as only actual heals (no absorbs nor overheals) give them mana through Spiritual Attunement.
    they'll then need to use SoW (or at least JoW). same goes when the group overgears the dungeon (ie packs won't live more than a few seconds).