Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    they are gonna redo all boomkin forms
    they would look like crap next to troll/worgen if they didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    they are gonna redo all boomkin forms
    they would look like crap next to troll/worgen if they didn't
    I know they will....Soon...
    But it's so hard to wait when Ferals already got their update, and Resto has at least heard about theirs! Makes me feel neglected.

Won't be moonkin form if there is no moonkin. I'm a bit afraid they'll ruin it in some way cause I like how the form is now, just want updated skin and colors, like the wildkin and owlbeast.

Screw you fatty!

*Moonkin Sound*

Boomkin piece of shit.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

I'd love to see more than weapon in forms, especially since moonkin is a humanoid form.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    if you've noticed he has clothing/body parts that represent every form, claws like a cat, paws on his feet like a bear, wings like a chicken, antlers like a deer ( original travel form was meant to be a deer ) and since blizzard says fuck the resto druids he doesn't have anything for tree. since blizzard hates resto druids.
    If you look closely his belt has leaves on it ... I guess they represent the tree component of a druid.

Deleted
    Anything whould better than an idiotic-looking giant chicken, honestly.
    But that's an old issue, they screwed it up at the beginning and I doubt they are going back now...

Deleted
    I'd totally dig a dryad/centaur form, if we really had to choose. But if I didn't have to make that choice, I'd rather stick to my trusty old moonkin form. I wouldn't pass up on some new graphics, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    The problem is, there seems to be two mind-sets about druids and shapeshifting. One group thinks that the ability to shapeshift means they should constantly be shifting forms, not tied down to one or the other. The other group thinks the opposite, that a druid should pick their form (spec) and be that form whenever they want. The Resto changes seem to enforce the former belief, but then of course there's the fact that ferals pretty much have to be in-form to be of any use (altered slightly by recent pvp talents). And now it seems our beloved Moonkin form is stuck in limbo, where many think it should've gotten the ToL treatment, and others wanting it to stay permanent.
    Third school. Forms should offer functionality for a vacant role or task not available to your vanilla caster form and not add a new layer. Vanilla caster form already lets me cast spells and lets me heal while not feeling like role-playing the WoW-version of Stay Puft Man. At least Moonkin should offer something which makes it inseparable to the class in order to avoid a ToL'esque fate, something which makes it fun to play and use the spells you have in a way you wouldn't in your normal caster form. I could cope with the clipped wyvern that was Horde cat form, so the looks are secondary to me when it comes to doing something different to your caster form. It's obvious some people like it the way it is but people also liked ToL but we can see that this wasn't enough for Blizzard to stick with it. So the lesson learned should be: Do something creative about Moonkin form (other than overhauling the looks).
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2010-08-03 at 12:05 AM. Reason: grammar
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

That does seem like a sure way to keep ToL and Moonkin forms as permanent fixtures rather than cooldowns. After all, you have a point, when you go into Cat/Bear form, you can no longer use most of your regular abilities, but you gain lots of form-specific ones. The only problem is, unless you make lots of totally-new abilities and tie them to either of the "casting" forms, you'll end up with a caster form that's been stripped of its current abilities (with things like Lifebloom and Starfall being restricted to being in-form) and is too weak to do anything on its own.
    Though saying that, I do remember from my Warlock that Metamorphosis is a cooldown almost exactly like ToL is destined to be, and it also unlocks special abilities usable only in-form same as the Feral forms, so after saying all that it may not actually be true. =/

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with ToL is that it is a healing form. Healing is rather powerful role and thus it cannot be laden with liberal mechanics. Essentially all healers should be at relatively similar power levels when push comes to shove. An empowering permanent ToL would be off-balance (no pun intended). It would end up our vanilla caster form being toned down in order to shift the balance to proper scales again while healing in permanent ToL. That would greatly weaken the baseline healing potential especially for Balance and Feral. Additionally it would also oppose one of the major intentions for Cataclysm - to not base our healing around ToL anymore. So keeping ToL as cooldown version actually makes since if the intention to keep it a while longer. On another note that's why I think healing increase by 15% while in ToL might undermine that intention as well.

Enough ToL-ism:

Perks are something not restricted to forms anymore. Death Knights and their presence mechanics are an excellent example for it. These perks used to be enough to warrant keeping that form but since the introduction of the Death Knight class we know it quickly runs out of arguments. For conceptual evolution's sake we might just say that it doesn't have to be new abilities. I was hoping Eclipse would be a Moonkin-exclusive mechanism at least but no can-do it seems. So what can we do?
    Well my pool of ideas is rather poor but I'll try. First off Nature and Arcane spells could use an additional effect applied on target. For this I would like to introduce the idea of inherited spell schools. Solar school would be inherited from Nature and Lunar school would be inherited from Arcane. This would only happen in Moonkin form. Moonfire DoT would increase crit damage taken from Solar school by 3%. Insect Swarm would increase crit chance against the target from Lunar school spells by 5%. Numbers and behaviours arbitrarily chosen. Actually this could also open doors for alternate spell cast behaviours and triggers. If you can't heal in Moonkin form directly so what if Wrath has a chance to trigger an effect granting a free Regrowth cast on yourself OR 25% reduced cast time of your next Starfire cast which would not crit, add Solar energy or trigger any proc/self-effect and similar to that Starfire could trigger a free Wrath or have your next Starfire refreshing all DoTs on target.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2010-08-03 at 12:46 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I really dislike the model they gave to Malfurion. And I, myself, do not think Balance Druids should be in Moonkin Form. They should be able to cast offensive and healing spells without giving up anything (except armour, perhaps).

However, it would be incredibly hilarious to see Worgen with feathers like that. It would look even worse than Furion. haha