Whats the need for this?

Why is it attractive to have 2 tier 1 Discipline tree talents both increasing the ammount you absorb on power word: shield? Doesn't it seem kind of unnessicary to have them side by side? Just a thought but it seems that Improved Power word: shield and Improved Inner Fire should be swapped or something.

With that being said, Shouldn't the Improved Inner Fire be changed to buff Inner Will a bit too ? I'd even love 2/4/6% more run speed

I agree on both.

I assume it means they're in the process of moving things around.

Beta is still in beta.

As far as I can tell, as much as they have moved things around, for priests in general, they have really only added their new ideas and cut out what they don't want. The balancing hasn't really happened yet. As much as I'm not a huge fan of what's happened to disc (yes, yes, nostalgia is a b----), I'm going to be patient to condemn before I see a more finished build of priests.

My guess is that they will modify the PW:S buffs' location in the tree according to when it should be picked up during leveling so as to not break the system. Though, if Shield is super overpowered at low levels I wouldn't complain. Less damage taken during leveling is still a good thing (assuming disc is still the prime leveling spec until 40, or whatever level replaces it).
    If only the universe played by the rules...
    Vanaheim the Exalted - 85 Undead Shadow Priest - Spirestone (US)