Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Actually, i'm thinking that the next races will most likely be furbolgs(sp?) and ogres, although there is only 1 uncorrupted tribe of furbolgs, there is really no other choice to make without upsetting 1 billion people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliese876 View Post
    Quick facts:
    Added zones: Pandaria on Azeroth (1-20), Ogre-homelands as part of Outland (1-20), 4-5 high-level zones on Argus
    New races: Pandaren (Alliance), Ogres (Horde)
    Main villain: Sargeras of the Burning Legion
    you are just hell bent on ogres and pandaren huh?

1. pandaren aren't gonna happen because blizz has stated they don't want the eastern influence of pandaren to be a major part of the game. WoW is an american game and they dont want to tread on the asian mmo's territory.

2. ogre's? nobody would want them. i can tell you play alliance due to your utter disregard for us hordies. have you ever noticed that goblins kinda enslaved ogres and hobgoblins already anyway?

3. the only real race i can see happening is furbolg, but everyone would complain about a furry race.
    >

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstrider View Post
    I just wish Alliance fanboys would stop trying to enlist the Pandaren into their ranks, so far, the only Pandaren that has been playable in the actual
    Also with the Alliance already getting Worgen, adding Pandaren to the Alliance as well, would mean they'd have two Carnivora-inspired (the animal order, not meat eaters) humanoids. Again better to add them to the Horde, to balance the systematics. :P
    The Horde already have one too. The Tauren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozomorak View Post
    you are just hell bent on ogres and pandaren huh?
    2. ogre's? nobody would want them. i can tell you play alliance due to your utter disregard for us hordies. have you ever noticed that goblins kinda enslaved ogres and hobgoblins already anyway?
    False^^ Although I did play an Ally-alt from time to time, my first two lvl 60/70/80 chars are Tauren and Orc I like Ogres Ogre mages would have to be two-headed of course
    Furbolgs... mh ok, however I wonder where to place their starting areas? (Who said any new race needs them in the first place^^) Blizz can always create some odd islands out of the blue... yeah -.- (Azuremyst Isles)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faralia View Post
    The Horde already have one too. The Tauren.
    You failed at reading my post: Tauren are based on bovines, which aren't Carnivores, but hoofed mammals. Obviously all are mammals, but some mammals are more related then others.

Nevermind that you skipped beyond the essential first point: in-game Pandaren fighting on the side of the Horde vs. Alliance: 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstrider View Post
    You failed at reading my post: Tauren are based on bovines, which aren't Carnivores, but hoofed mammals. Obviously all are mammals, but some mammals are more related then others.

Nevermind that you skipped beyond the essential first point: in-game Pandaren fighting on the side of the Horde vs. Alliance: 1-0.
    And why is that they would be Horde? Lore wise they are split straight down the center.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess some of you guys remember that theory about the Maelstrom's size? And how it would fit for an x-pac? Well, I always thought about that and Vrykul/Ogres would fit perfectly. First of all, Ogres could be resized if it was a problem, same for Vrykul, and their starting zones would be set in flashbacks. Something like this:

Ogres 1-10: You are a young warrior of the [INSERT OGRE CLAN HERE] Clan, your mission is to survive in this world, bla bla bla. It could be located somewhere in Outlands, completely phased and before the First War.
    Ogres 10-20: This is war (First War) and you have to help the orcs to raze Stormwind to the ground, for the Horde!! It would obviously be located in a phased Elwynn.

Vrykul 1-10: In the Howling Fjord, you are a young member of the tribe, with a family to take care for (where they could show how a brother turns out to be a human, and you send him away) you have to fight [INSERT PACK OF MOBS HERE] and train your skills. For King Ymiron!!
    Vrykul 10-20: (After you wake up from eternal slumber) You serve for some levels for the Lich King, then when he dies you are free of his control, and try to recover your tribe as a broken people. Then the Forsaken (Don't hate em, but they are the strong force of the Horde in the Fjord, so it makes sense they'd attack them) want to wipe your race out for being a headache, and so you ask for the Alliance help, knowing Vrykul were the progenitors of humans.

I had a WAY better plan for this, but I'm not posting the whole idea on a small post. I might do a topic someday...

Oh yes, and this would make sense for the X-pac, cause Vrykul are known to have a decent fleet, so I guess they could be useful. And Ogres... Well, they are an iconic race of the Horde So I'd say give it to them.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-07-30 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

Taken from Wowwiki:

The pandaren are originally from central Kalimdor where they established the Pandaren Empire. They were allies of the night elves until they saw their obsession with magic getting out of control. The clans severed ties and left Kalimdor behind eventually establishing a new home on an island they named Pandaria. After the Sundering, some pandaren returned to the "new" Kalimdor to explore it. "Where once the pandaren were a mighty empire, standing proud beside their night elf allies, now they are a simple people who want only peace and a safe home." Since the Third War, more pandaren have come to visit Kalimdor.

It does go on to say they had a few dwarven allies, but they originally left the alliance because of the highbourne, with the highbourne returning, there's no chance Pandarens are going with alliance.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Taken from Wowwiki:

The pandaren are originally from central Kalimdor where they established the Pandaren Empire. They were allies of the night elves until they saw their obsession with magic getting out of control. The clans severed ties and left Kalimdor behind eventually establishing a new home on an island they named Pandaria. After the Sundering, some pandaren returned to the "new" Kalimdor to explore it. "Where once the pandaren were a mighty empire, standing proud beside their night elf allies, now they are a simple people who want only peace and a safe home." Since the Third War, more pandaren have come to visit Kalimdor.

It does go on to say they had a few dwarven allies, but they originally left the alliance because of the highbourne, with the highbourne returning, there's no chance Pandarens are going with alliance.
    True, which is why Vrykul seem to fit more. Besides, we got the animations, and it's been proven that not ALL Vrykul hated the Humans, since their tyrannical king is dead, they can go to the Alliance. And a starter zone in the past is badass. (Heck, I'm die hard Ally but if I get to experience a SW raid as an ogre, I'd roll them, just to experience it in game, although it'd be sad)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And why is that they would be Horde? Lore wise they are split straight down the center.
    Like I said, because so far the only Pandaren we've seen in a Warcraft game, basically the prelude to World of Warcraft, being The Frozen Throne, the Orc "campaign", he helped the Horde.
    I acknowledged they're still more of a neutral race, but if anything they certainly wouldn't be alliance.
    The "Carnivora"-balance was more of a silly argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee that Azshara will be a content patch in Cataclysm. The Bolvar idea though seems a little too far-fetched, because when Arthas died, so did that part of Nerz'ul (spelling). The Titans and old gods theory is very plausible, As is the Sargeras idea. The Emerald Nightmare is no more, as stated in the Stormrage novel.

---------- Post added 2010-07-30 at 04:19 PM ----------

I can pretty much guarantee that Azshara will be a content patch in Cataclysm. The Bolvar idea though seems a little too far-fetched, because when Arthas died, so did that part of Nerz'ul (spelling). The Titans and old gods theory is very plausible, As is the Sargeras idea. The Emerald Nightmare is no more, as stated in the Stormrage novel.
    Whats makes you think you can guarantee us that? Source would be nice to verify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee that Azshara will be a content patch in Cataclysm. The Bolvar idea though seems a little too far-fetched, because when Arthas died, so did that part of Nerz'ul (spelling). The Titans and old gods theory is very plausible, As is the Sargeras idea. The Emerald Nightmare is no more, as stated in the Stormrage novel.[COLOR="red"]
    Actually the nightmare was nvr truely defeated. They only beat the nightmares minion. The true nightmare got pushed into a cornor. Malfurion believes its a old god so u cant rlly kill a old god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Given View Post
    I wasnt healing enough, i know my warlock sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I got kicked once during Wrath for not rezzing somebody who died.

The curious part is that I was playing a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by dievariandie View Post
    Draenor Set

Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10
    Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20

Eversong Forest - 1 to 10
    Quel'thalas - 10 to 20
    Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62
    Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64
    Terokkar Forest - 61 to 65
    The Deadlands - 63 to 67
    Nagrand - 64 to 68
    Blade's Edge Mountains - 66 to 70
    Netherstorm - 67 to 70
    Shadowmoon Valley - 69 to 70

- Northrend Set

Borean Tundra - 67 to 70
    Howling Fjord - 67 to 70
    Dragonblight - 69 to 72
    Grizzly Hills - 70 to 73
    Crystalsong Forest - 72 to 75
    Zul'drak - 73 to 76
    Sholazar Basin - 75 to 79
    Storm Peaks - 76 to 80
    Icecrown Glacier - 78 to 80

- Maelstrom Set

Gilneas - 77 to 80
    Grim Batol - 78 to 81
    Kul Tiras - 79 to 82
    Kezan - 81 to 86
    Tel Abim - 83 to 85
    Zandalar - 84 to 87
    Plunder Isle - 86 to 88
    The Broken Isles - 87 to 90
    The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

- Plane Set

Pandaria - 1 to 10
    Hiji - 10 to 20

Wolfenhold - 1 to 10
    Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20

The Green Lands - 88 to 91
    The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94
    The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97
    The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

Deephome - 88 to 91
    Skywall - 91 to 94
    The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97
    The Firelands - 97 to 100

- Legion Set

K'aresh - 96 to 99
    Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
    Mac'Aree - 99 to 100
    Maw of Oblivion - 100+
    The Burning Citadel - 100+++
    There are so many things wrong with this list that I can't even begin to comment on them.

Deleted
    So the public opinion in this thread seems to point out to the Furbolgs and Vrykul being the most likely possibilities for any future Alliance additions...

I guess the whole Pandaren-hype was created after BC was announced, but before the Draenei were confirmed as the new Alliance race. Virtually everyone thought to be sure that it would be the Pandaren... They even created "official" posters with all the Horde/Ally-races, including the afore mentioned

About that "Blizz does not want Pandaren due to their Chinese-influenced artwork"-thing... I'm not sure that would really pose any serious problem. Blizz is using many cultures to model their races after: Native American, Scandinavian/Viking, Eskimo, Egyptian, Victorian British...

Ey how about some German-based race?! They are called the "Nein", they throw with beer-steins and as their racial leader they've chosen Princess Theradras to be their chancellor -.-
    Last edited by mmoc5e70aa0e19; 2010-07-31 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post
    The two that make the most sense are The Emerald Dream and then a final battle vs. Sargeras and the Burning Legion. Mind you...I think Sargeras is the true "final battle" - i.e. WoW is over after it. IMO, the lore supports no other true game-ending baddie.

That said, I would expect 4-5 more total...in no particular order:

1. Sargeras/Burning Legion - Baddest, baddie out there.
    2. Emerald Dream/Nightmare - this could also be a final expansion, seeing as the Emerald Nightmare threatens to destroy Azeroth.
    3. Queen Azshara and the Naga - the lore here is deep [literally] and rich.
    4. The "New" Lich King - i.e. Bolvar goes bad.
    5. Titans vs. Old Gods - open warfare between them, and we're somehow caught in the middle.
    Old Gods need to be there, because else Azeroth gonna get destroyed.
    a "end" battle aganist Sargereas would mean
    1. we may be the strongest in the whole universe if we can beat him.
    2. if they did it, they would "end" the game, which would be bad.

New Lich King, go away undead already!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    That's the one. Thanks.
    Not 100% accurate, but good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Wasn't there a list of all previous and future WoW expansions that was leaked ages ago?
    The list was almost 100% correct as far as I know.
    Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Why do people keep believing this list? It only cropped up after WLK zones were fixed and announced with people trying to fake it being previously mentioned. To think Blizzard actually knew not only what expansions past the vague fact they wanted to do Outland as the first or even what zones they would actually be, half a decade in advance, is ludicrous.

e: Terrible grammar, blargh.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Why do people keep believing this list? It only cropped up after WLK zones were fixed and announced with people trying to fake it being previously mentioned. To think Blizzard actually knew not only what expansions past the vague fact they wanted to do Outland as the first or even what zones they would actually be, half a decade in advance, is ludicrous.

e: Terrible grammar, blargh.
    So you don't believe they had some idea on how their game was going to play out? You don't think they decided that they were going to follow up on the Arthas' story from WC3:TFT? Or that they would bring back Deathwing from WC2? Or do something with Aszhara, one of the most lore heavy big bads in the warcraft world?

Now, I'm not saying that list is accurate or that it wasn't made up by some Blizzard fanboy who was trying to calm the trolls by saying Blizzard knows what they are doing (Something that I apparently am doing). However, I do believe that they had a brief outline of the characters/villains/events that would happen over the course of WoW.

I would think a new Burning Legion focused expansion would be next since it will have been two whole expansions with them being almost completely quiet, and Kil'jaeden and other Sargeras underlings are still dead set on finishing the job on Azeroth.

I would think it would be a new class added if you go with the trend of new races/ new class / new races. I have no clue what they would dream up class wise for a Legion focused expansion, too many possible outcomes for me to hazard a guess. If they did go with more races though the Ogres and Furbolgs you guys keep mentioning both would be super easy to add storyline wise with a new worldwide threat from the Legion considering both races have a considerable history involving them.
    Last edited by Alzarhoc; 2010-07-31 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So...throwing about ideas..fair enough.

Who of you predicted Cataclysm as a setting?. Blizzard might just surprise everyone again.
    I predicted Cataclysm,because I looked on other games and they were all going in the following order: Game->Expansion(Changes from game to game,but featuring completely(not connected to old zones by walking) new zones)->Ice Expansion(Featuring new zones,but connected to old zones directly(not in a portal way,in a walking way))->Volcano/Underground/Fire Expansion-> Game v2(Revamped version of the original game,might be conjoined with the fire expansion)
    As you can see WoW is going in the same order,Classic(Game)->TBC(Expansion)->Wotlk(Ice Expansion)->Cataclysm(Fire Expansion+Game v2).
    If you want an example from another game,check Guild Wars: Game->Expansion 1->Expansion 2->Fire+Ice Expansion(The expansion was about ice till the end when you went underground and foought a dragon)->Game v2+Fire Expansion(they are doing Game v2,but at the begginging they will finish with the fire part from the last expansion)

Quote Originally Posted by dievariandie View Post
    Draenor Set

Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10
    Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20

Eversong Forest - 1 to 10
    Quel'thalas - 10 to 20
    Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62
    Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64
    Terokkar Forest - 61 to 65
    The Deadlands - 63 to 67
    Nagrand - 64 to 68
    Blade's Edge Mountains - 66 to 70
    Netherstorm - 67 to 70
    Shadowmoon Valley - 69 to 70

- Northrend Set

Borean Tundra - 67 to 70
    Howling Fjord - 67 to 70
    Dragonblight - 69 to 72
    Grizzly Hills - 70 to 73
    Crystalsong Forest - 72 to 75
    Zul'drak - 73 to 76
    Sholazar Basin - 75 to 79
    Storm Peaks - 76 to 80
    Icecrown Glacier - 78 to 80

- Maelstrom Set

Gilneas - 77 to 80
    Grim Batol - 78 to 81
    Kul Tiras - 79 to 82
    Kezan - 81 to 86
    Tel Abim - 83 to 85
    Zandalar - 84 to 87
    Plunder Isle - 86 to 88
    The Broken Isles - 87 to 90
    The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

- Plane Set

Pandaria - 1 to 10
    Hiji - 10 to 20

Wolfenhold - 1 to 10
    Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20

The Green Lands - 88 to 91
    The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94
    The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97
    The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

Deephome - 88 to 91
    Skywall - 91 to 94
    The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97
    The Firelands - 97 to 100

- Legion Set

K'aresh - 96 to 99
    Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
    Mac'Aree - 99 to 100
    Maw of Oblivion - 100+
    The Burning Citadel - 100+++
    Plane Set and parts of the Maelstorm Set removed and you almost got WoW,Burning Legion Expansion is the last expansion of the game,as I see it,with both the Emerald Dream Idea and the Great Sea Idea irrelevant,I see only 2 or 3 more expansions:Old Gods Expansion(Might be Irrelevant after cata)-Go and finish off the rest of the Old Gods,Burning Legion Expansion-Sargeras as end boss,new zones involve K'aresh,Argus and Xoroth,they might split this expansion into 2

And about new races,http://www.wowwiki.com/Race_ideas and http://www.wowwiki.com/Related_race_ideas , what I would really like to see is Arrakoa/Ethereal/High Elves becoming playable,and for the high elves idea,moving the blood elves to the alliance is also good.
    Last edited by sl2059; 2010-07-31 at 01:51 PM.
    Everything that is,is alive

-This Signature was made by Geekissexy,The Signature Master.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sl2059 View Post
    ... what I would really like to see is Arrakoa/Ethereal/High Elves becoming playable,and for the high elves idea,moving the blood elves to the alliance is also good.
    "Moving" a race from one faction to another is pretty much impossible, or how would you explain that to the players?

For me, Ogres seem to be the most likely addition to WoW's playable races (probably on Horde side), especially since they may well be connected to some Burning Crusade/Twisting Nether/Outland-revisit-plot...
    As for a second race, possible choices could be Furbolgs, Arrakoa or Pandaren (yeah despite their "easter egg" status). High Elves and Broken Ones seem quite unlikely to me, as they are simply too similar to Blood Elves and Draenei, respectively. Nevertheless, Blizz might just come up with a totally new race, however...

And about a tentative "final battle" vs Sargeras: It would not have to mean that "we" are the strongest beings in the known WoW-universe. The players might just assist some Old Gods/Titans/whatever in defeating him. Or he is partly defeated and realizes his betrayal... Or some Protoss come by and shot him outta space
    Last edited by mmoc5e70aa0e19; 2010-08-01 at 09:35 AM.