Thread: seal of justice

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

seal of justice

so they changed seal of justice to slow for 5 seconds, anyone know the % it slows?
    will it be viable in pvp? seal twisting with the damage seals

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/20164/
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

would you want to seal twist every 5 seconds while chasing someone around? lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't get excited just yet - the front page says that it limits their run speed, which is the same wording as the current Judgement of Justice tooltip.

guess it was bad reading from my part, didnt see the "maximum runspeed" >.<
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

15+ Year Old Account
    It could limit it by 40%, you never know.

Thats funny, i was just reading on hunters, Concussive Shot 4sec duration, 5sec cd, 0 focus. Way to go Blizz, its not like hunters cant kite us paladins atm...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    It could limit it by 40%, you never know.
    Unlikely.

Waht they've done is taken theprevent fleeing and speed limiting effect from Judgement...which was overloaded....removed the "prevent fleeing" part which amde it semi useful at times in PvE, and then applied it to SoJ to give it a purpose instead of removing it. In doing so, they've also removed Seals from PvP damage, which in turns implies Pal;adisn won't be getting a gap closer or anti-kiting mechanic. It also renders half the purpose behind Inquisiton being a maintained self buff of less value.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Thats funny, i was just reading on hunters, Concussive Shot 4sec duration, 5sec cd, 0 focus. Way to go Blizz, its not like hunters cant kite us paladins atm...
    What are your teammates doing?

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    What are your teammates doing?
    Capping the flag >.>

Seal of Justice changes do not seem to be implemented. It's still a proc on melee swing and not 100% and puts a debuff called "Stun" on the target. It's hard to tell since the debuff only lasted 3 seconds (and not 5s), but it seemed like it was only slowing to 100% run speed.

Deleted
    With this change they essentially destroyed all the work they have put in Retribution in the past month. They gave us a new rotation that relies heavily on seals. Good going! Then they throw it all out the window by nerfing our weakest spot even further, forcing us, in order to have a shot at getting close to anything or anyone at all anytime, to gut our only strength, damage.

All I can do is 'meh' at this.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Seal of Justice changes do not seem to be implemented. It's still a proc on melee swing and not 100% and puts a debuff called "Stun" on the target. It's hard to tell since the debuff only lasted 3 seconds (and not 5s), but it seemed like it was only slowing to 100% run speed.
    I think you'll find that the speed limit of 100% means the change has been implemented

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I think you'll find that the speed limit of 100% means the change has been implemented

EJL
    Frankly I'd much rather have a weaker version of sprint on a shorter CD then a snare that requires we be in melee to use it because what good would that be if we cant get into melee in the first place.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Justice as it is now had a pve and pvp use to it. It would prevent mobs from running away at low health and a chance to stun mobs/players.

The change to Justice, IMO, doesn't seem to reduce run speed but instead puts a cap on it. Think of Ghost Wolf but you can't go over X% speed instead of under it. Although, this could have a slowing effect like say "player cannot run over 70% run speed" but I think that would be a little too OP unless the proc chance is real low but that also makes it very unreliable. With the addition to worgens getting a sprint racial and a lot of classes having a sprint like ability already (any moving increasing effect or talent) it might limit them to a 100% run speed which wouldn't be bad. Sprint would be countered with it and so would movement increasing talents like Pursuit of Justice.

Just my two cents.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could always work up a glyph for it as well, or extend the Seals of Command talent to allow SoJ to deal damage.

I get the impression that they see ret a bit like a melee version of a warlock... if you let the lock free cast, you'll probably die. If you let the ret get to you, you'll probably die.

Of course, then everyone QQ'd about faceroll so the damage plummeted and complexity increased.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    They could always work up a glyph for it as well, or extend the Seals of Command talent to allow SoJ to deal damage.
    Paladins can always hope. In this case though, I would suggest the odds are against it.

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 05:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser. View Post
    I get the impression that they see ret a bit like a melee version of a warlock... if you let the lock free cast, you'll probably die. If you let the ret get to you, you'll probably die.

Of course, then everyone QQ'd about faceroll so the damage plummeted and complexity increased.
    Paladins burst was removed for a reason. Lets hope they don't bring it back. And it wasn't just other classes who complained about it....I saw plenty of Paladins do so as well.

EJL

15+ Year Old Account
    Paladins can always hope. In this case though, I would suggest the odds are against it.

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 05:58 AM ----------

Paladins burst was removed for a reason. Lets hope they don't bring it back. And it wasn't just other classes who complained about it....I saw plenty of Paladins do so as well.

EJL
    burst when was that? before 3.2?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan View Post
    Justice as it is now had a pve and pvp use to it. It would prevent mobs from running away at low health and a chance to stun mobs/players.

The change to Justice, IMO, doesn't seem to reduce run speed but instead puts a cap on it. Think of Ghost Wolf but you can't go over X% speed instead of under it. Although, this could have a slowing effect like say "player cannot run over 70% run speed" but I think that would be a little too OP unless the proc chance is real low but that also makes it very unreliable. With the addition to worgens getting a sprint racial and a lot of classes having a sprint like ability already (any moving increasing effect or talent) it might limit them to a 100% run speed which wouldn't be bad. Sprint would be countered with it and so would movement increasing talents like Pursuit of Justice.

Just my two cents.
    you mean exactly like judgement of justice works now? and how the new judgement spell in the beta workd for a while before they changed SoJ to this and removed the effect from the judgement.

EJL
    I guess I find it hard to believe that the "gap closer" they intend to give us lasts for only 3 seconds and is a chance on hit instead of 100%. Especially when the beta tooltip for Seal of Justice tells me it does something different.