Thread: why no help?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lets make a statue for him texted with "Saviour of the world!"

Ever hear of pay it forward?

if someone was nice to help you when you were lvl'in, give someone else a hand... keep the cycle going..
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by miyke View Post
    ok atm im advertiseing for someone to help me with amphitheater in zul drak, maybe its just my server but does no one do anything for free or for the feeling that they are helping someone out?, i mean i used to run people through instances and do all those group quests for randoms for free and still do, but why is everyone so selfish nowdays?, whats everyone elses opinion on this?
    Wow that's a lot of entitlement you got going there. "Why wont someone help me..?"

Somewhere along the way of this game players assumed it was not really a game and mixed in some real life values. People are not playing this game to mimic real life. There playing it for a change. It could be a hobby or just a way to relax and pass the time.

However, spending that free playtime has nothing to do with you or anyone else really. Just cause it's an MMO (which by the way does not mean I have to politely interact with anyone if I so choose) it does not mean I have to interact with anyone at all. As most should know, an MMO is nothing more than playing a game with others online. Interaction is whatever you want it to be. You're already trying to escape reality for a little fun downtime in a game. I'm always fascinated at people who assume I should spend that time with people I don't know and have no desire to know.

Just get some of your mates to help.......

...O.O

im guessing your one of those lovely people who whisper saying "ill do it for 100g"
    no hes one of those assholes who doesnt even reply to you when it would take 2 seconds thinking hes better than you when hes only been on since wotlk and sucks at pve and pvp but got carried by a guild and still loses to people with half his gear.

(I usually duel people who dont bother to respond to me after baitng them a bit and as usual win at 100%)

just to show them how much they suck and think next time if they are really all that or i just infact asked that cause you need 5 people and it doesnt really matter who they are.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I wanted the Burning Legion Faction

I went on answered the questions didnt think id get it by what i was picking, i got the burning legion faction.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    So basically if I am in the same zone and capable of helping you, the fact I choose not to is my being selfish?

I was unaware of these obligations placed on me when I log into this game, please advise where in the terms I agreed to that this is explained.

Meanwhile just remember we are ALL playing this game for our own needs, even you. We're not all playing the game for your needs only.

im not saying you HAVE to, im saying you should WANT to, doesnt helping others make you feel good? :S

Quote Originally Posted by terrorlord15 View Post
    no hes one of those assholes who doesnt even reply to you when it would take 2 seconds thinking hes better than you when hes only been on since wotlk and sucks at pve and pvp but got carried by a guild and still loses to people with half his gear.

(I usually duel people who dont bother to respond to me after baitng them a bit and as usual win at 100%)

just to show them how much they suck and think next time if they are really all that or i just infact asked that cause you need 5 people and it doesnt really matter who they are.
    Sure kid.

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OtisJay View Post
    Ever hear of pay it forward?
    Ya aren't you supposed to find a really helpful kid and stab him in the gut or something?

Deleted
    im not saying you HAVE to, im saying you should WANT to, doesnt helping others make you feel good? :S
    Sometimes yes, but does that give you a right to expect others to pander to your personal needs? And the same right to accuse others of being selfish when they don't?

If you expect others to hold the same values as you and live up to your standards then you are the one who is being selfish here.

Stop telling me (and others) how I should feel or act please!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrllsbear View Post
    Remember that you're playing with other people. You meet nice people and you'll often meet arseholes. Sadly you can't escape them, not even in a game. The general WoW community has become more and more selfish over the years because people have already done 5 years of helping others and being friendly. People just don't care anymore and they are only out for number one.
    been helping people for 5 years on wow been helping people since i was 6 years old tbh i see no reason to stop.

thats humanity for you in vanilla they were only helping cause they were scared and wanted something out of it, i helped because it was the right thing to do stupid fucking humanity

I went on answered the questions didnt think id get it by what i was picking, i got the burning legion faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sadly OP people like you and me are diminishing in this game, and more and more @$$holes are taking their places.

Most of the time when I've got nothing of any major importance to do I stop by zones in Northrend (Dragonblight mostly since its awesome) and watch General for anyone needing help with something and give them a hand with it.

Cant say I've ever given away gold to complete randoms, but dungeons I'll willingly run lowbies through if I'm in the zone and have the time to do it.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Dude, you are way too kind. The person you gave gold to was either a kid and was happy, or he was like "whoa, is he serious? oh okay". >95% of people don't expect you to help them like that.
    rofl i did that like 2 days ago exact money and everything except i gave it to my friend who needed enchants (i was training him in warlock pvp)

some people just suck with their selfishness, my old friend used to give me alot of money too just for fun of it then i met this guy who i was friends with btw i suppose and i did ask him for money at times and he'd never once give me it (like 300g) when he owned the AH basicly and had 150,000 gold saying

"i need to buy things to keep up my gold to sell it for more i cant just give away money i need money to make money"

fucking greedy demon tbh not even gonna say asshole or jerk, demon is the word for someone like that.

---------- Post added 2010-07-30 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgreks View Post
    Sure kid.
    get lost monster

---------- Post added 2010-07-30 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Unless you like it, it's total waste of time...
    yeah thats why your evil and we aint get lost, "unless you like it" grow the fuck up i help people like 20 times and i stop enjoying the instance itself real early its about being kind and helping someone else not your own personal gain.

why the hell is everyone like you im getting so digusted with this world.
    Last edited by terrorlord15; 2010-07-30 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    So basically if I am in the same zone and capable of helping you, the fact I choose not to is my being selfish?

I was unaware of these obligations placed on me when I log into this game, please advise where in the terms I agreed to that this is explained.

Meanwhile just remember we are ALL playing this game for our own needs, even you. We're not all playing the game for your needs only.
    that may be true but taking 10-15mins to help someone wont kill you. And yes it is selfish, no way you can deny that(you would rather improve you toon instead of helping someone else = selfish) but does that make you a bad person IRL...no. And if you say you dont have the time.. BS you play WoW FFS you HAVE time. I would help you but thats just how i am. Some people are just messed up and dont like helping others, nothing you can do really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy Wolf View Post
    that may be true but taking 10-15mins to help someone wont kill you. And yes it is selfish, no way you can deny that(you would rather improve you toon instead of helping someone else = selfish) but does that make you a bad person IRL...no. And if you say you dont have the time.. BS you play WoW FFS you HAVE time. I would help you but thats just how i am. Some people are just messed up and dont like helping others, nothing you can do really.
    Prob is, the list of ppl asking for help never stops. Why don't you simply whisper people in the area around the same level as you are...it would be nice xp for them. Might take a while, but go do something else while looking.

ok atm im advertiseing for someone to help me with amphitheater in zul drak, maybe its just my server but does no one do anything for free or for the feeling that they are helping someone out?, i mean i used to run people through instances and do all those group quests for randoms for free and still do, but why is everyone so selfish nowdays?, whats everyone elses opinion on this?
    Generally for me it comes down to whether or not helping you is going to be a hassle.
    If I'm on my resto druid, i won't really be that helpful and probably wont say anything.
    If I'm on my DK i'll help you if im already in Zul'Drak anyway. But if i'm up in icecrown farming saronite/titanium or doing my dailies, probably not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy Wolf View Post
    You were doing so well up until that line.

You too feel that you have some sort of right to tell others, including me, how I should spend my time in game. Why do you feel this is? And as you feel you have a right to do so to satisfy your needs, are you not also inherently selfish?

You're still confusion real life morality into a video game thats based on killing someone or something and during all that killing, you want someone to spend their time being a good assistant to the public.

No wonder this games going down hill. You help others when it matters and thats in the real world. In this game, that is not the norm and nor should it be. We kill and kill some more and do it in fantastic ways. We pick pocket and steal and cheat those not in our circle. Get used to it. It's a game after all. Live it up.

Deleted
    Generic item-level whoring and the game being a lot easier at this current moment means that people care more about hierarchy more than ever.

Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by terrorlord15 View Post
    Cool story bro.
    Oh I also heard that the real PvPing comes from dueling C/D?

There is a very large distinction between being selfish and refusing to help someone. They are not the same thing. One of the biggest problems in WoW and the world in general is that too many people ask for help these days expecting to get it. Where did this sense of entitlement come from?? I certainly wasn't brought up that way, but maybe generation X was the last to be brought up without feeling we are "owed" everything we want.

There are plenty of times where refusing to help someone is the exact opposite of selfishness. Refusing to help my puppy get his chew toy out from under the couch taught him that he can stick his own paw under there and get it. Now he can get it when I'm not around!