Thread: 3.3.5 BiS list

3.3.5 BiS list

i'm thinking about making my rogue my new main and

I've been looking for two days to find one and all i can find is 3.3.0 bis list and no heroic gear on

Does anyone know were i can find a up to date BiS list with RS loot and etc?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    i'm thinking about making my rogue my new main and

I've been looking for two days to find one and all i can find is 3.3.0 bis list and no heroic gear on

Does anyone know were i can find a up to date BiS list with RS loot and etc?

Thank you
    BiS Lists are generally never made for Rogues it seems. Also, you will get the "Spreadsheet It" answer in every post following this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik View Post
    BiS Lists are generally never made for Rogues it seems. Also, you will get the "Spreadsheet It" answer in every post following this one.
    Yup this is true Rogues don't really have a BiS list set in stone that I know of (although I think I managed to make one on Aldriana's spreadsheet) and I hope that people don't give you the "spreadsheet it" answer because I don't think it's really applicable in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    For which spec? The best thing you can do really is find out the best pieces of loot that are available to you (ie. not everyone is farming LK25 H) and spreadsheet out a result from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Silence9 View Post
    Yup this is true Rogues don't really have a BiS list set in stone that I know of (although I think I managed to make one on Aldriana's spreadsheet) and I hope that people don't give you the "spreadsheet it" answer because I don't think it's really applicable in this case.

Eh, i was looking for one so i know what i should aim for

---------- Post added 2010-08-01 at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    For which spec? The best thing you can do really is find out the best pieces of loot that are available to you (ie. not everyone is farming LK25 H) and spreadsheet out a result from there.
    Oh, mostlikey 11/12 heroic 25

BiS lists are never made for rogues? Didn't I get a memo or something? The 3.3.3 BiS list was made by Mavanas pretty much as soon as all drops were known in the beginning of ICC.

For 3.3.5 I don't think anyone has bothered because not much has changed. You get a shiny new trinket and new bracers and that's pretty much it? Somewhat different gemming due to a new ArP trinket but you can do all of that stuff in your spreadsheet. In fact I haven't even bothered to check if the bracers are worth it with the new trinket and stuff since I need to wait for it some time but those are the only 2 items in question, with maybe the 277 Gunship cloak instead of the 272 Tribute Chest cloak as another change but I seriously doubt that's worth it.

Anyways, my point is: Take the 3.3.3 BiS list, add the Halion trinket (and maybe bracers), fiddle around with gems and you're done with your 3.3.5 BiS list! If you can't find the link to the 3.3.3 BiS list somewhere in this forum, just click my signature and change the LK 10 HC ranged with the LK 25 HC ranged and change Enchanting to Jewelcrafting.

//Edit: Oh, and don't really bother with BiS lists if you can't get all the items (11/12 hc) you need for it. For example, the TAiaJ is never worth it unless you have Havoc's Call HC. Until then, it will always lose to WFS and HWT. Spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2010-08-01 at 02:34 AM.

It helps if we know what spec your rogue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    BiS lists are never made for rogues? Didn't I get a memo or something? The 3.3.3 BiS list was made by Mavanas pretty much as soon as all drops were known in the beginning of ICC.

For 3.3.5 I don't think anyone has bothered because not much has changed. You get a shiny new trinket and new bracers and that's pretty much it? Somewhat different gemming due to a new ArP trinket but you can do all of that stuff in your spreadsheet. In fact I haven't even bothered to check if the bracers are worth it with the new trinket and stuff since I need to wait for it some time but those are the only 2 items in question, with maybe the 277 Gunship cloak instead of the 272 Tribute Chest cloak as another change but I seriously doubt that's worth it.

Anyways, my point is: Take the 3.3.3 BiS list, add the Halion trinket (and maybe bracers), fiddle around with gems and you're done with your 3.3.5 BiS list! If you can't find the link to the 3.3.3 BiS list somewhere in this forum, just click my signature and change the LK 10 HC ranged with the LK 25 HC ranged and change Enchanting to Jewelcrafting.

//Edit: Oh, and don't really bother with BiS lists if you can't get all the items (11/12 hc) you need for it. For example, the TAiaJ is never worth it unless you have Havoc's Call HC. Until then, it will always lose to WFS and HWT. Spreadsheet.
    I think you mean Mavanas made BiS listS. Which is exactly why you don't see a rogue bis list stickied on respectable forums. It depends on how you do it, and how you play it for the fight in question. There are multiple set ups that will spreadsheet extremely close, and yeah 1 will be listed as higher but that doesn't mean its superior in practice when its such a small difference.

And also like was said before, if you don't have full access to EVERY item on the list in question, then certain other items, possibly of lower ilvl, can be superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post

I did say "generally", not never and you pretty much proved why. It seems this affects Rogues more than any class, but 1 item swap/upgrade usually can throw off your current "BiS" set up (TAiaJ as you pointed out, 4pc T10 only if 277 etc.). Its always gonna be better to spreadsheet it then blindly follow a list due to this fact.

BiS Lists are generally never made for Rogues it seems.
    What? You must not be paying much attention then. BiS lists have always existed for rogues, just read elitistjerks once in a while. Different people using different tools come up with different BiS lists; this is true for every class.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    What? You must not be paying much attention then. BiS lists have always existed for rogues, just read elitistjerks once in a while. Different people using different tools come up with different BiS lists; this is true for every class.
    Im on EJ, and were not talking other classes. Mavanas has made lists, but its generally the least seen for Rogues, you cant dispute that. My point was this, and others have said it, its a terrible thing to blindly follow a BiS list for Rogues due to the drastic jumps different items cause. Just because TAiaJ is BiS in a theoretical BiS set-up doesnt make it useful until that point. People that follow thses lists may pick it up cause its on the list but using it before your fully BiS is a huge DPS loss over say HWT or WFS (Heroic). Thats why the main people (Mavanas, Aldriana) will still say to spreadsheet everything regardless.

Im on EJ, and were not talking other classes. Mavanas has made lists, but its generally the least seen for Rogues, you cant dispute that.
    I don't know what you mean by "least seen". The lists exist, anyone can look them up. Whether you see them or not is up to you.

My point was this, and others have said it, its a terrible thing to blindly follow a BiS list for Rogues due to the drastic jumps different items cause. Just because TAiaJ is BiS in a theoretical BiS set-up doesnt make it useful until that point. People that follow thses lists may pick it up cause its on the list but using it before your fully BiS is a huge DPS loss over say HWT or WFS (Heroic). Thats why the main people (Mavanas, Aldriana) will still say to spreadsheet everything regardless.
    This is completely obvious and applies to every class.