Wrecking Crew VS Enrage

So I've been checking the latest build and started wondering if Enrage was now better than Wrecking screw.

Assuming they still don't stack, because if they did that would too awesome.

Wrecking crew has a 100% chance to proc on a MS crit, which gives 10% damage for 12 seconds.

Enrage has a 9% chance to proc on any melee hit, which gives 10% damage for 12 seconds.

Which one would you rather pick? WC seems more RNG based than Enrage because of the CD of Mortal Strike. I can see 3-4 MS not-critting and not procing it, assuming it had a 4 seconds CD, 3 non-crits in a row and you lose damage. Enrage on the other hand is 9% chance on all melee hits, so on OP, SD execute, MS, HS, auto-attack, etc..., which can be a lot in 12 seconds.

IMHO, Enrage seems to have the better up-time right now, but that's just me, what do you people think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well assuming 100% attack time on the target (ie no movement, switching targets, being kited, etc) with a 3.6 weapon and no rage issues you will have 11.33 attacks in those 12 seconds (8 special attacks + 3.33 auto attacks)

So if im doing my probabilty math correctly that means after 12 seconds you have a 65.649% chance of it enrage proccing.

Thus with 29.965% or higher crit with mortal strike wrecking crew will have a greater uptime theoretically.

That is if I did all my math correctly...

On the beta they do not stack, they both cause the same buff from what I saw, which is called enrage. When one procs it just refreshes the buff. Though at the moment enrage seems to be triggered by white crits and not a chance on all hits.

Quote Originally Posted by hodant View Post
    Well assuming 100% attack time on the target (ie no movement, switching targets, being kited, etc) with a 3.6 weapon and no rage issues you will have 11.33 attacks in those 12 seconds (8 special attacks + 3.33 auto attacks)

So if im doing my probabilty math correctly that means after 12 seconds you have a 65.649% chance of it enrage proccing.

Thus with 29.965% or higher crit with mortal strike wrecking crew will have a greater uptime theoretically.

That is if I did all my math correctly...
    You forgot that in a raid-setting (where these formulas are important) you will (nearly) always have +20% attackspeed from a paladin/DK/shaman/hunter, so your swingtime goes to 3,6/(1+0,2) = 3 seconds. So you will do 4 autoattacks in 12 seconds, therefore your chance to have AT LEAST one enrage-proc in 12 seconds with 12 attacks (4 autohits + 8 specials) is 1 - 0.91^12 = 67.75%. Sadly i do know nothing about arms, so no idea how often you MS in 12 seconds, but the formula would be: 1 - (1 - x)^y > 0.6775 where x is the chance to crit with MS and y is the number of MS in 12 seconds, calculate x to see how much crit (for MS) you need to let WC be better than Enrage.

/edit: referring to the post above, these numbers are for enrage proccing on white hits and specials!

You hit MS twice in 12 seconds, I don't know what its CD is on beta, but on live its 6 seconds, reduced to 5 with imp MS talent.

3 times in 12 secs. First one starts the timer.

You crit with MS and you gain enrage for 12 seconds. Then you have the chance for 2 MS that is 2 opportunities to refresh it. If someone thought that 50% crit will guarantee full uptime he would be wrong. You get +10% crit on MS from talents but even with 50% base crit raid buffed you will not have 100% uptime during a fight, unless you are really lucky.

On the other hand fury source enrage with SMF looks way more reliable. However there is still tuning to be done otherwise there will be a theorytical hype over the speed of the weapons, especially offhand, when trying to calculate the balance between RB and enrage uptime.