Deep Fire w/ CS & Imp CoC.

Hi there -

Been playing a mage since mid 2005ish. Fire has always been my favorite, arcane my least. I played most of BC and quit WoTLK for a while since... well... it was horrible. None of the other classes really interest me.

Back to the topic at hand here. I know there are a lot of people going for imp Bink in the arcane tree, but what about imp CoC? You sacrifice 10% haste in the fire tree, 3% haste, and burst when silenced, but pick up shatter, 3% crit, and a freeze. Could wind up a fireball/icelance shatter combo.

Thoughts?

]wowtal.com/#k=d1lOB_gz.9r8.mage

(apologize, but can't post a full link as this is my first post).

I would wait until they have finished the overhaul of the Fire tree that they mentioned today before planning any spec to be honest.

OK, let's check this again.

wowtal.com/#k=Se4BAZGu.9uf.mage

Basically, you lose MoE, Shields, Pyromaniac, and Molten Fury for 4 sec freeze w/ 3x frozen multiplier and 3% crit. Seems like a pretty good trade.

Discuss.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd drop Imp. Flamestrike for Molten Fury or Shields. How often will you really be AoEing in PvP (unless you're making an AV turtle spec). Sure an instant is nice, but Flamestrike will eat your mana fast...

I'd probably take Fury over Flamestrike for an arena spec, but to be honest I don't really enjoy arenas all that much. I'm more of a world/BG kind of guy. In those situations, a Blastwave/Flamestrike combo would be pretty useful, IMO. I also just don't see Mage Ward being worth a point. We'll see.

What do you guys think of Fire/CoC vs. Fire/Imp Blink?

wowtal.com/#k=k3xTTtxi.9uf.mage

Bump

wowtal.com/#k=Se4U3YoG5.a0o.mage

Assume that burning soul will be removed. The latest info seems to be that all classes will have 70% innate pushback resistance. We don't know what will go in it's place, but MoE is pretty good for pvp. You'll definitely want MoE if fire is as much of a mana hog at 85 as it is at 80.

I'd probably use this given the current tree. Ignore BS on tier 1 with the pending changes as I just put it there for filler. One point leftover that I just tossed in iFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Assume that burning soul will be removed. The latest info seems to be that all classes will have 70% innate pushback resistance. We don't know what will go in it's place, but MoE is pretty good for pvp. You'll definitely want MoE if fire is as much of a mana hog at 85 as it is at 80.

I'd probably use this given the current tree. Ignore BS on tier 1 with the pending changes as I just put it there for filler. One point leftover that I just tossed in iFS.
    Mana for fire will be easier with free scorches and pyro's. Things like CoC and LB will still hurt the mana, but it'll be better than it's now.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I think Burning Soul should be removed (or turned into some sort of interesting universal damage talent that would appeal to arcane/frost subspeccing into fire), I wouldn't read into GC's comment too much. They were talking about Paladins at the time, so he could have easily been referring to all Paladin specs and not all casters.