Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiermama View Post
    "ArPen is too mathy. Let's give the players a stat that does something completely different for every spec that involves rating, points, and percentages."
    A player only need to know his/her own mastery bonus, so no extra complexity there. And ArP is very much like AP but heavy on the math side if you come in a situation where you need to compare them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Droes View Post
    Love the enhancement mastery, to take fire damage in account as well!
    This...

15+ Year Old Account
    Sigh...looks like we're all going to be subspeccing in sub for another expansion...

Seriously if they want to get rid of "mandatory" talents then they should definitely get rid of Elusiveness and Dirty Tricks...those are completely mandatory if you want to pvp seriously.

Mastery without the Path of Titans really doesn't make any sense and should just be removed from the game altogether. My suspicion is that it won't make it out of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    I hear worse things than that at my job. Fact of the matter is, we all know it's a slippery slope, one thing will lead to another. This place will end up like the cesspool that the official forums are. Having differing opinions is one thing, but calling people "retards, cuntbags" etc is not needed for discussion. It's the easiest to single out, and it's the reason why WoW and gamers in general are looked down upon. Those official forums are a disaster, Blizzard admitted as much. This place will go the same route due to this nonsense. You won't be able to come here for discussion, it'll just be childish insults non-stop with no substance behind them.

I'll probably just go to my other gaming forums that just one person copies and pastes the news from here so I don't head to see this stuff.
    No offense nor am I insulting you but i had to say something after seeing your posts earlier and from this thread, Iv actually seen you post on here, the reason you particularly see alot of this stuff is you post some pretty retarded things. You kind of rage about things that are stupid and since you get so heated your posts come across whiney and "childish" and thus trolls come at you to further tick you off. Mind you, you arent wrong in what you say but the way you say it is just wrong.

Example:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8473269
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Malfurion. Looks. Mediocre. I've seen better looking artwork on parents fridge that their elementary school kids drawn up. It's pretty clear that Blizzard just isn't trying anymore. They really pulled their "A-team" off this game, it's really showing now. Between these models, and the recent hideous weapon models, it's clear that it's certainly not Blizzard's "A-team" on the game anymore.

"Malfurion. Looks. Awesome." - Lol. It's pretty evident that Blizzard has such a blind and brainwashed following that'll stick with them no matter how much they lame out on the game. I have an awesome bridge I'd like to negotiate a sale of.
    Is a highly confrontational way to post your feelings, and for people who are happy with the game or respect the company it can be a button pusher to give someone a reason to come at you. Oh and before you attempt to post about who is and who isnt developing their games or the decisions they make based off they dont care about this game anymore and sent their guys to work on other projects. Almost all of their developement team is still the same. There is only so much you can do with models to keep them with the feel of this game and the expansion theyre supposed to represent, so saying they pushed their "A-team" off this game is wrong.

The above combined with the stuff you post recently and the way you post it is the reason you see such "horrible and rude" comments. If anything the way you post is just as bad as the way you get posted to, and both are part of the problem, so please stop acting like youre not doing anything wrong and its everyone else.

Ps: The model isnt amazing or godly, but its not as bad as you so poorly put it above.

Edit: About your comments about mmo champs poor moderation they are constantly banning people everyday who cross the line and post poorly, so to say the moderation on here is a joke and if it continues these forums will turn into the "cespool known as the wow public forums" is really incorrect.

Edit 2: OH and btw if 90% of the people love their new models/ideas etc and 10% dont then they did what they achieved. I think some of their models are questionable but generally from what i have seen we are seeing alot better work then their past. They cant make EVERY SINGLE PERSON happy, every model they make is carefully analyzed by a group who deems it good or not and in the right direction, they dont just make a model and throw it in the game and leave it at that.
    Last edited by Crosis; 2010-08-01 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stillnotking View Post
    Mastery without the Path of Titans really doesn't make any sense and should just be removed from the game altogether. My suspicion is that it won't make it out of beta.
    Your lack of comprehension doesn't make sense. Path of the Titans is just another tier of glyphs that's being implemented another way, it never had anything to do with the mastery system at all ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. The Tol'vir in that pic appear to be flesh and blood (and fur), but the Tol'vir as seen in this Total Biscuit vid are made of living stone like the Earthen.

I'm intrigued!

Everything is good with mages nice work ... I know its just a BETa and not completly done but I like it ... + i got a little idea about Impact ...

It will be cool and usefull imo to add a knockback effect to it ...

Impact (1/2) : Gives your damaging spells (4-5%,8-10%) chance to cause the next Fire Blast you cast to knockback the enemy 5yd away and stun them for (1/2) second ... ( The targets that is immune to stun or knockback effect will take 15% aditional damage ) ...

Something like that ... what you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nethersys View Post
    Everything is good with mages nice work ... I know its just a BETa and not completly done but I like it ... + i got a little idea about Impact ...

It will be cool and usefull imo to add a knockback effect to it ...

Impact (1/2) : Gives your damaging spells (4-5%,8-10%) chance to cause the next Fire Blast you cast to knockback the enemy 5yd away and stun them for (1/2) second ... ( The targets that is immune to stun or knockback effect will take 15% aditional damage ) ...

Something like that ... what you think ?
    +15% damage is just boring in PvE. And nothing really changes with a 5 yd knockback, 5 yards is almost nothing. It's a good idea but it's the old talent idea mentality, it has to be way better/more fun in the current talent trees.

I just think that one more interrupting will be fine for mage ... I mean use knockback for interrupt spellcasting ... + Will be fun to PvP with Fire (But I like more Arcane tree) and Fire tree need something to throw away the target not only 30 sec cd Blast Wave and 20sec Dragon's Breath ...

Maybe 15% more damage is boring but In cata we need more CC so knockback will be fine if someone from party/raid agro-ed and tank will have 1-2 sec to get back agro ...

That is just my little idea ...
    Last edited by Nethersys; 2010-08-01 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    Where are the masteries displayed? I don't see them on beta just yet?

I think it would be cool if the Impact talent, added some sort of Judgement of Wisdom / Mana drain debuff on the boss, like:

Gives your damaging spells a 5/10% chance to cause the next Fire Blast you cast to stun the target for 2 seconds, and add the "insert cool debuff name here" effect on the target, giving each attack against the target, a chance to steal 2% of the attacker's base.

Thus fire mages would bring Judgement of Wisdom to the raid, and it would also have a purpose and synergy in pvp. If the "mana drain" thingy is to OP in PvP, you could add some sort of, "if the target is immune to the stun, "insert cool debuff name here" is applied to the target"

Nice idea too ... but I don't wish to have JoW debuff bcoz we got Evocation + Arcane Intellect will bring mana instead of Intellect and some mana regen if I am not mistaken ... so in raid/party we are needed ... I think the Impact should be some sort of PvP talent ... and provide a little damage or like you say debuff to non-player targets ...

im not all that thrilled about the masteries.. There are some classes that have out right extra damage like enhance shammies and destro locks but then there are classes that have a 16% chance for a gimped auto swing or shot like marks hunters and arms warrs. It doesnt quiet seem fair but idk maybe the class damaged is buffed around the masteries so it turns out to be an even playing field....Only time will tell

Deleted
    Actually 16% Chance for an Extra Attack would be something around .... 10-15% overall DPS
    EG: Lady Deathwhisper Bow is 4% Chance to procc and it's about 5% overall dmg

guise guise, it's a frickin' undead playing a guitar on a devilsaur on a FLYIN shark with lasor beams

I was hoping that MLG stuff would stop once Curse took over.

Deleted
    I must give an Update with the Mastery Calculation:
    "For example, a level 82 player will get 1 Mastery point for each 93 Mastery Rating he has. This mastery point will increase the mastery bonus differently depending on the class, +1 Mastery Point doesn't necessarily means a +1% increase to the bonus"

is Old...

The new Value is: 79 Masteryratin for 1 MasteryPoint..
    The Example is my Fire Mage Karatnos:
    He has 309 Masteryrating and +3.9 Masterypoints = 79,23...

The rest is ok "(e.g. A Beast Mastery hunter with +2 Mastery gets +4% increased pet damage)"
    I get for 1 Masterypoint 2,5% more Fire Periodic Damage
    Last edited by mmocafb18388f8; 2010-08-14 at 05:11 PM. Reason: miss tipping