Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneken View Post
    # Retribution - Increases all HOLY DAMAGE done by 20%. Damage increased further by mastery rating. ROFL
    I hope you do realize that the majority of retadin damage is Holy Damage? Now I don't know if that's the case on Beta but it most likely still is especially since they are trying to make exorcism more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Have you looked at the warrior talent trees at all???

Blood and Thunder
    Rank 1-2 When you Thunder Clap a target affected by your Rend, you have a [50%/100%] chance to affect every target with Rend.

Thunderstruck
    Rank 1-2 Your Thunder Clap leaves a zone of energy on the ground for [5/10] sec, dealing 0 damage every 0 seconds to enemies that cross it.

Warriors are getting consecrate and aoe bleeds. I think saying they aren't viable aoe tanks is pretty absurd. Also, you need to remember that aoe tank should be less necessary come cataclysm as CCing mobs will be back.
    obviously you didnt read blizzard blue post lemme guess reading is too hard for you
    Currently we are looking really hard at AE damage abilities by all tanks. We tried Thunder Clap with no cooldown and didn't like it. We also tried Thunder Clap with a Consecrate-like talent, but I'm not sure we like that either. At the moment we are thinking of nerfing any of the really passive AEs, including Swipe, Death and Decay, Damage Shield and Consecrate. All of those abilities (well, maybe not Damage Shield) would still be usable, but they would be more situational.
    Last edited by togun; 2010-07-31 at 02:52 PM.

I wonder if mastery will really be of interest as shadowpriest. After all mindspike was meant for fast dying mobs (or did they change this?) and mindblast has a cd.
    How much will it bring in normal bossfights where you dont cast mindspike? Right now i dont see 1 mastery point being nearly as good as 1%crit or haste.

I was hoping they redesign Warlock masteries into more fun and interesting ones!
    It's not always about dps, we need to have some fun too!
    Last edited by Xerfall; 2010-07-31 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    I was hoping they redesign Warlock masteries into more fun and interesting ones!
    It's not always about dps, we need to have some fun too!
    Unless you're a healer or tank the masteries ARE all about dps.

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by togun View Post
    obviously you didnt read blizzard blue post lemme guess reading is too hard for you
    Currently we are looking really hard at AE damage abilities by all tanks. We tried Thunder Clap with no cooldown and didn't like it. We also tried Thunder Clap with a Consecrate-like talent, but I'm not sure we like that either. At the moment we are thinking of nerfing any of the really passive AEs, including Swipe, Death and Decay, Damage Shield and Consecrate. All of those abilities (well, maybe not Damage Shield) would still be usable, but they would be more situational.
    Obviously you're a complete tool cuntbag retard, all of those other PASSIVE ae's are getting nerfed, thunderclap IS STILL getting the same (talented) buff.

So whose the dipshit with the reading comprehension problem? You obviously.
    Last edited by Bucky Mclachlan; 2010-07-31 at 03:32 PM.

Here is my "mastery" analyzes from my main characters point of view, holy priest since classic; Ignore or correct at your convenience.

So what do we get?
    For Holy priests we start out with a baseline 10% HoT over 6 seconds for every targeted heals. I'm guessing circle of healing and prayer of mending is excluded here. As far as I can tell you max out at 10% when you have placed 31 points in the holy tree, and with a rough head math can be achieved at level 76 or 78.
    Did I start out to say baseline 10% HoT? It will only matter in heroics and raids, so thats what you start out with when you your role becomes more serious at level 85

This should immediately be better then our current tier-10 2-piece bonus, which is a 33% chance for a 33% HoT on our flash heal. 33% is more then 10% but then its only 1/3 chance for it to apply, so in reality its a 11% HoT for our one spell only, and for a holy priest on raid healing duty the amount of healing coming from FH is small.

If its true that mana conservation has a more important role in conjunction with significantly larger health pools vs. incoming damage, then the mastery bonus won't just become over-heals; As that would be the usual result today if it was implemented.
    I want to point out that none of the beta testers have experienced end game yet or even come close to it. They are just playing around the first few instances that is equal to the normal version of The Nexux and Utgard Keep. Healing has yet to become serious.
    But without anyone experiencing the end game of Cata yet, and if we can believe Blizzard promises, I'm pretty confident that the mastery bonus can be easily translated to actual healing. 10% mastery bonus = 10% extra healing done. If you are raid healing that is and performing your role as should be.

What I know nothing about is how this mastery bonus will scale. Will it become less significant into the expansions raiding tiers? Or will it become more prevalent, eating up more of your total healing done. Will there be lots of items dropping with mastery bonuses before even starting end game content? And again, how significant will that be, like 11% when you start out raiding?

Overall I think its exciting the more I think about it. I know I won't be the one whining if mana conservation becomes very important. It will force the issue down to the other team members that you cannot ignore the environmental damage anymore; it will make the encounter impossible until they shape up.
    Sure, it might start out with the blaming game where the raid healers and tank healers is the target. But over time they have to realize the fact that none of the healers geared for the content can do as they ask.

Alright, that my open thoughts on the issue, typing more will just make an impenetrable wall that no-one reads

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post
    Unless you're a healer or tank the masteries ARE all about dps.
    Well, yes, but you know .. there are fun masteries, not just plain dps increase. Like spriest Shadow Orbs or additional hits for reduced dps like for Marks Hunter, Ele Shammy .. etc.

You know, those are proc chances so their dps isn't balanced around having them all the time, and they add some fun part to the class.
    Last edited by Xerfall; 2010-07-31 at 04:07 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's not a raptor.

I'm still confused on primary abilities are those passive abilities you get speccing 31 points into the tree?

Example:
    Retribution.Primary Skill Description

Primary Skill Description

Judgements of the Wise Your damaging Judgement spells have a 100% chance to grant the replenishment effect to up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 1% of their maximum mana per 5 sec for 15 sec, and to grant you 40% of your base mana over 10 sec.

Primary Skill Description
    Two-Handed Weapon Specialization Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 6%.
    Templar's Verdict An instant weapon attack that causes a percentage of weapon damage. Consumes all applications of Holy Power to increase damage dealt:
    1 Holy Power: 55% Weapon Damage
    2 Holy Power: 125% Weapon Damage
    1 Holy Power: 225% Weapon Damage

Sheath of Light Increases your spell power by an amount equal to 30% of your attack power.

Two-Handed Weapon Specialization Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 10%.

Judgements of the Wise Your damaging Judgement spells have a 100% chance to grant the replenishment effect to up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 1% of their maximum mana per 5 sec for 15 sec, and to grant you 40% of your base mana over 10 sec.

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 04:36 PM ----------

ah see a little research and I answered my own question.... /fail

"The Rise of Specialization

We want to focus the talent trees towards your chosen style of gameplay right away. That first point you spend in a tree should be very meaningful. If you choose Enhancement, we want you to feel like an Enhancement shaman right away, not thirty talent points later. When talent trees are unlocked at level 10, you will be asked to choose your specialization (e.g. whether you want to be an Arms, Fury or Protection warrior) before spending that first point. Making this choice comes with certain benefits, including whatever passive bonuses you need to be effective in that role, and a signature ability that used to be buried deeper in the talent trees. These abilities and bonuses are only available by specializing in a specific tree. Each tree awards its own unique active ability and passives when chosen. The passive bonuses range from flat percentage increases, like a 20% increase to Fire damage for Fire mages or spell range increases for casters, to more interesting passives such as the passive rage regeneration of the former Anger Management talent for Arms warriors, Dual-Wield Specialization for Fury warriors and Combat rogues, or the ability to dual-wield itself for Enhancement shaman.

The initial talent tree selection unlocks active abilities that are core to the chosen role. Our goal is to choose abilities that let the specializations come into their own much earlier than was possible when a specialization-defining talent had to be buried deep enough that other talent trees couldn’t access them. For example, having Lava Lash and Dual-Wield right away lets an Enhancement shaman feel like an Enhancement shaman. Other role-defining examples of abilities players can now get for free at level 10 include Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Shield Slam, Mutilate, Shadow Step, Thunderstorm, Earth Shield, Water Elemental, and Penance. "

Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    Well, yes, but you know .. there are fun masteries, not just plain dps increase. Like spriest Shadow Orbs or additional hits for reduced dps like for Marks Hunter, Ele Shammy .. etc.

You know, those are proc chances so their dps isn't balanced around having them all the time, and they add some fun part to the class.
    Actually, those aren't that much more fun. Arcane and Shadow are really the only masteries that will affect your playstyle. 10% of a fireball as a DoT is the same thing (if not worse) than +10% damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post
    Obviously you're a complete tool cuntbag retard,
    You know what, I don't think I'm going to keep browsing this site anymore due to posts like these. This site is turning into the official forums, and we all know what kind of cesspool they are. This place needs some heavy handed moderation before it turns into a cesspool itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    You know what, I don't think I'm going to keep browsing this site anymore due to posts like these. This site is turning into the official forums, and we all know what kind of cesspool they are. This place needs some heavy handed moderation before it turns into a cesspool itself.
    Seriously man? Complaining about 1-2 insulting comments like the one you quoted to the extent of 'not browsing this site anymore' goes to show your lack of maturity moreso than it does theirs. No matter where you go you're going to find immature people, on the internet or in RL; if you can't just tune it out and keep going, you're going to have a real rough time of it...

"obviously you didnt read blizzard blue post lemme guess reading is too hard for you
    Currently we are looking really hard at AE damage abilities by all tanks. We tried Thunder Clap with no cooldown and didn't like it. We also tried Thunder Clap with a Consecrate-like talent, but I'm not sure we like that either. At the moment we are thinking of nerfing any of the really passive AEs, including Swipe, Death and Decay, Damage Shield and Consecrate. All of those abilities (well, maybe not Damage Shield) would still be usable, but they would be more situational."

-You're dumb, I don't see a rebuttal to anything he said in that block of text you copy/pasted. Just because they may or may not be (and it's a BIG may not) nerfing some of the other aoe tanking abilities doesn't mean they aren't still modifying the warrior ones.

couple more things...
    -Frost DKs, quit complaining you do broken as hell damage at high gear levels, and you most likely will continue to.
    -Whoever said they are happy that the masteries are giving cool bonuses, and not just damage increases... You mentioned shadow orbs... other than being shiny black balls, do you know what the ONLY purpose of the orbs is? A damage increase. Masteries are bland for the most part, accept it.
    -I can't wait for cata, for one simple reason. To see all the scrub dps who get carried stop getting carried. Now dps will have to actually pay attention to surroundings instead of just letting the Geared to hell healers treat them like a tank and just healspam while yelling at them in vent when they aren't even IN VENT. Phew, sorry, ranted a bit there. But seriously, you'll see like 99% less hunters endgame, they'll all be screaming at healers on the first raid boss with serious environmental hazards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Seriously man? Complaining about 1-2 insulting comments like the one you quoted to the extent of 'not browsing this site anymore' goes to show your lack of maturity moreso than it does theirs. No matter where you go you're going to find immature people, on the internet or in RL; if you can't just tune it out and keep going, you're going to have a real rough time of it...
    Well yours was not the first post like it. There are a lot of immature idiots on these forums and maybe he just got sick of it.

Yes, you do have to deal with jerks on the internet and in RL. But if it bothers you, you should try to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I hear worse things than that at my job. Fact of the matter is, we all know it's a slippery slope, one thing will lead to another. This place will end up like the cesspool that the official forums are. Having differing opinions is one thing, but calling people "retards, cuntbags" etc is not needed for discussion. It's the easiest to single out, and it's the reason why WoW and gamers in general are looked down upon. Those official forums are a disaster, Blizzard admitted as much. This place will go the same route due to this nonsense. You won't be able to come here for discussion, it'll just be childish insults non-stop with no substance behind them.

I'll probably just go to my other gaming forums that just one person copies and pastes the news from here so I don't head to see this stuff.

Sharks with Fricken Laser Beams equals all kinds of win. No mater the cost I will buy Cataclysm and I will find them, I WILL RIDE THEM!

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 06:40 PM ----------

Oh that's not an Undead! You people need glasses! That's some one(any race) rocking out on their Arcanite Ripper.

lol MLG... sorry

Its gonna be big, nice job MLG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    For example, a level 82 player will get 1 Mastery point for each 93 Mastery Rating he has. This mastery point will increase the mastery bonus differently depending on the class, +1 Mastery Point doesn't necessarily means a +1% increase to the bonus. (e.g. A Beast Mastery hunter with +2 Mastery gets +4% increased pet damage)
    ^ Incoming headache for players that aren't theorycrafters.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    ^ Incoming headache for players that aren't theorycrafters.
    "ArPen is too mathy. Let's give the players a stat that does something completely different for every spec that involves rating, points, and percentages."

But for ArPen, its almost like AP but the math is heavy if you need to compare them.
    Mastery is unique, and more interesting as it gives different bonuses depending on class and spec.