Thread: Holy Mastery.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy Mastery.

"Holy - Your healing spells also place an absorb shield on your target for 8% of the amount healed lasting 6 sec. Absorb increased further by mastery rating."

This looks really, really amazing. Seriously.. I hope this goes live. This is something I wished they gave our healing spells, kinda like the Disc priest talent.

Thoughts? Would you rather see something else?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    "Holy - Your healing spells also place an absorb shield on your target for 8% of the amount healed lasting 6 sec. Absorb increased further by mastery rating."

This looks really, really amazing. Seriously.. I hope this goes live. This is something I wished they gave our healing spells, kinda like the Disc priest talent.

I absolutely love it. Blizzard have rly done some good work on at least SOME aspects of holy paladins this time.
    Question: What mastery scaling would it be you think?1:1 ratio, or something different?
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcelink View Post
    I absolutely love it. Blizzard have rly done some good work on at least SOME aspects of holy paladins this time.
    Question: What mastery scaling would it be you think?1:1 ratio, or something different?
    Hard to say, but if 1 Mastery adds 1% absorb then I wouldn't mind. This will be a pretty awesome mastery, especially with our new healing tools.. I hope the animation makes pretty bubbles too :3
    Hi

hey i noticed you posted a extremely lame troll post on EU forums asrialol this is pathetic all i got to say you say you arena whn s7 was out, well if you kept up on arean then you would know that s7 was when ret pallies where really good because people did not have as much resilance as they do now as for the post you made i will let every one else see it.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....98830540&sid=1

All this title made me think of is the live action 60's robin saying "Holy Mastery batman"
    On topic it does look nice.
    "Oh lord strike me down!"

i like the new mastery better than the old one

meatmissle gtfo were talking about something here

Quote Originally Posted by meatmissle View Post
    hey i noticed you posted a extremely lame troll post on EU forums asrialol this is pathetic all i got to say you say you arena whn s7 was out, well if you kept up on arean then you would know that s7 was when ret pallies where really good because people did not have as much resilance as they do now as for the post you made i will let every one else see it.

Meatmissle... Are you that paladin on Gorgonnash.

no thats my gamertag :P

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 05:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ghtybv View Post
    i like the new mastery better than the old one

meatmissle gtfo were talking about something here
    yeah ill leave just lettin every one know what this guy posted on the eu forums

no thats my gamertag :P

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 05:45 AM ----------

yeah ill leave just lettin every one know what this guy posted on the eu forums
    Haha, there's was a paladin in my old guild with the same exact name. Guild leader said he only brought him in because he wanted the name "Meatmissle" in is guild <.<

It's essentially the Val'anyr proc. Blizzard must have recognized how effectively it synergized with paladins and decided to make it a permanent part of the playstyle. Good move imo.

Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    Haha, there's was a paladin in my old guild with the same exact name. Guild leader said he only brought him in because he wanted the name "Meatmissle" in is guild <.<
    lmao sounds like your old gm was smart guy knows a good name when he sees it

i really hope this goes live its what ive wanted to happen for ages as i raided uld a little late and couldnt really get my own mace and i have tried many times but most cant get past hodir so this will be really good for all holy pallies. I also hope its a similar animation to the valynr type proc as i like the shields on it, the absorbs are goin to be awsome for a holy pally so blizz plz dont take it away.

it looks like 93 mastery rating = 1 mastery point so hopefully this means at least a 1% increase to the absorbs, i think around 15% will be attainable for the absorbs probably not much more as if 93 means 1% it will take alot to improve it but im guessing it will be affected by 0.5% each mastery point but we will have to see how this one plays.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2010-07-31 at 06:27 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account

Troll post? Hardly. I love the fact you came here and linked this thread, I like the fact that more people will see my opinion about the gap closer, so thanks for linking it Though I believe most US people seem to be on the MMO Champ forums thus they can't reply to it.. Oh well.

Good job with the resilience argument.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account

it would explain why sacred shield isnt in the game anymore...

Compared to the other healers, it's OP as hell. (Except maybe holypriest)

But I'd seriously rather see the other healers (Especially druid and shaman) get redone instead of this being changed.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    Compared to the other healers, it's OP as hell. (Except maybe holypriest)
    Depends if it only makes effective healing into absorbs, or if it also takes overhealing into the absorb. If the latter then it might be a tad OP. Maybe they'll slap in some hidden CD to prevent Healing Hands to be all crazy..
    Hi

Troll post? Hardly. I love the fact you came here and linked this thread, I like the fact that more people will see my opinion about the gap closer, so thanks for linking it Though I believe most US people seem to be on the MMO Champ forums thus they can't reply to it.. Oh well.

Good job with the resilience argument.
    it is in fact a good argument notice how lvling as ret you could own any thing could even take on 3 or 4 people thats because no one had any resilience. same thing at the beging of wotlk here ill link this video you can go watch enjoy and see how op rets were when resilience wasnt what it is now i introduce to you the op ret in S7 when you said you were at 1800
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl9fa...eature=related

Depends if it only makes effective healing into absorbs, or if it also takes overhealing into the absorb. If the latter then it might be a tad OP. Maybe they'll slap in some hidden CD to prevent Healing Hands to be all crazy..
    Ah, didn't think of that. It's still fairly powerful compared to something that maxes out at 20% more healing (And will likely do <2% most of the time)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's essentially the Val'anyr proc. Blizzard must have recognized how effectively it synergized with paladins and decided to make it a permanent part of the playstyle. Good move imo.
    Val'anyr proc + Scarab Brooch + Mastery stacking pally = fun times.

it is in fact a good argument notice how lvling as ret you could own any thing could even take on 3 or 4 people thats because no one had any resilience. same thing at the beging of wotlk here ill link this video you can go watch enjoy and see how op rets were when resilience wasnt what it is now i introduce to you the op ret in S7 when you said you were at 1800
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl9fa...eature=related
    Sorry but, that was S6.
    Although ret was half way decent during S7 but the loss of seal of blood and crusader strike nerf hurt quite a bit.