Deleted

Cataclysm MM shot rotation on target dummy

Alright, please please don't go nagging about my skills. I didn't make this video to display how l33t I am. I have to get used to Focus as well so gimme a break. This is made to inform you guys so I hope you appreciate it.

After Blizzard's last patch hunter feels a lot better though, you don't have as much 'dead moments' where you have to do Steadyshot and Rapid Recuppation works really well providing a lot of focus. BM has Fervor for this (50 focus instantly).

Anyway, the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yv4dm-ARpc
    Best watched in HD.

Any suggestions about what video I should be making next are appreciated. And feel free to ask questions.

This rotation is useless since the focus cost of arcane shot is only costing 3 focus with talents, when it is supposed to cost 19. This would cause a massive change in a rotation. Not to mention it is not a 'bad' thing for MM to cast steady since they receive huge benefits from it.

I stopped reading after I saw "rotation" instead of priority. If you're using any type of rotation you're gimping your dps. Let alone the fact that this is early beta, and everything is going to be drastically different by release in terms of shot costs, effects, and damage.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Pretty much what glo said. As fun as it is to think about an idealized 'rotation' based on focus regen, the beta is a long way from completion and a whole lot of stuff is going to change still. There's not much we can learn right now by trying to invent a rotation when half of the talents still haven't even been finalized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahakas View Post
    the focus cost of arcane shot is only costing 3 focus with talents, when it is supposed to cost 19.
    It's so much fun running around spamming arcane shot on stuff PEW PEW PEW I'm gonna be sad when they fix it ^_^

Nice rotation, I'm jsut thinking that opening with Kill Command isn't the best idea being that Blizz whats to make it a primary BM move and you're taking focus away from potential arcane shots which since they can be spammed have more potential dps.

Good Videos all in all keep up the good work

I see you are using Aspect of the Hawk in part of the video. Has it been changed, or was that a mistake?

I believe if i'm not mistaken they removed aspect of the Monkey, and due the that removed Aspect of the Dragonhawk because it was just Hawk and Monkey combined.

Why do people like this get beta and I don't? /facepalm

Deleted
    Oke I'll stop sharing information on MMO-champion, so many dickheads around here. Unbelievable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Totally wrong (from someone in the beta).

Cast Hunters Mark > Aimed shot > Serpent sting > 1 steady, maybe 2 depending on gear > Chimera Shot (with silence shot macro'd in) > Steady shot until you have focus for arcane. Then use aimed shot upon getting the free cast proc.

Give prio in this order: Kill shot > free cast aimed shot > silence shot > Chimera shot > Arcane shot.

I will go on the beta in a sec and record a similar video via xfire!

Edit: Way too laggy atm for me to attempt to play. I'll try again later.
    Last edited by Shiikarii; 2010-08-03 at 10:50 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_lol View Post
    idd -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmancer View Post
    Oke I'll stop sharing information on MMO-champion, so many dickheads around here. Unbelievable.
    "STOP BRINGING UP VALID POINTS AND MAKING ME LOOK FOOLISH"
    The Op atm.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not like their being total dicks, they do have a point. thanks for the vid though
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

10+ Year Old Account
    All I see is - "Brb guys, I have to go tweet on my twitter, and my mom said the food was ready."

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    All I see is - "Brb guys, I have to go tweet on my twitter, and my mom said the food was ready."

Too late, I already did.
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!

Not exactly how i did it, and it is not a rotation it is prioritation

Priorities
    1.Pop Rapid Fire - Readiness (wait for rapid fire to end) - Rapid Fire
    2.Fire Aimed shot when you reach 5 stacks.
    3.Keep Improved Steady Shot up
    4.Fire Chimera Shot
    5.If serpent sting is not up fire it.
    6.Fire Scorpid Venom when it is down (or the other two if you need them over scorpid, most the time you wont)
    7.Keep Piercing Shots up
    8.Fire Arcane Shot
    9.Fire Steady Shot

If you are solo'ing and have good gear all you have to do is Aimed shot target is dead :P (Yeah im one shotting quest mobs, and with aimed shot firing first it took me 3 shots to kill a level 83 mage at level 80, not using a premade, using a character in full 264 gear nothing higher than that.)

Things will change though it is beta and i can see hunters and paladins getting nerfed, both are extremely overpowered currently.

Quote Originally Posted by luke_lol View Post
    All you have to do is get really drunk and open a ticket and type in all caps like a total internet badass and harass them into giving you one.

Or end up like me and get a 3 hour ban for telling the Gm he was a fucking moron and to get a real job.

your video just reminded me of how ugly alliance t9 is /shudder sooo glad i faction changed