Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Yureii View Post
    Yup 1300 resil makes it impossible for someone to get hit hard by a by a 70% arp prot warrior with sunders and shattering throw up. You are an idiot. You have obviously never came across a well enough geared prot warrior in the arena. The fact that people think 10k from a prot warrior is impossible on any resil just tells me you're doing it wrong.
    Spewing silly numbers without any factual backup tells me, and everybody else, you're doing it wrong.
    No, really, why didn't you say 30k shield slam
    I don't understand the constant need to exaggerate things in order to get your point across. You are only weakening your own argument and making yourself look silly. If you had only said "10k Shield Slam" without any context it would have been fine, even if that by itself is a bit of exaggeration. But saying "I have seen prot hit for 10k on a 1300 resil Holy paly with shield wall up." is the dumbest thing of all dumb things. And then you go on to say "Yup 1300 resil makes it impossible for someone to get hit hard by a by a 70% arp prot warrior with sunders and shattering throw up.". without any understanding how arp actually works against high armor targets like paladins. You are not proving your point by pulling numbers out of your anus. I know you think you are, but you really aren't.

It happened.
    I was caught by surprise by that obviously brilliant argument. It really left me defenseless. If a random troll12321345 said it happened, then it most definitely did!

And for the OP, the link in Alianthos' post is something that will help you immensely! It's a great video on how to play prot warr properly!
    Last edited by Fichek; 2010-08-03 at 12:58 AM.

I can say from experience that even though protection warriors DON'T hit pallies with 1300 resili for 10k damage, they do hit for an absolutely absurd amount due only to the absolutely ridiculous amount of armor penetration they roll with as well as 2p t10. Crits for 8-9k are CONSISTENTLY seen on leather and cloth targets with more than 1200 resilience (see Jigz) and the spec out damages arms by a long shot.

Having played arms for an insanely long time, I can say that in a 1v1 fight arms has an advanatage over prot if only because of our higher resilience. EVEN SO, the match comes absurdly close and I'd venture to say that at the BiS level prot warriors can destroy arms warriors with 1200 resilience (what you should be playing with in any arms warrior comp in high rating anyways...).

So basically, protection damage is insanity. The number given earlier of '10k crits' is not as far-fetched as people are making it out to be.

Protection is viable in a few setups, the most prominent of which is African Turtle Cleave which holds the top two spots on the shadowburn battle group at the moment. It is barely viable in any other comp. Mancleave lost its touch a while ago what with the decreasing predictability of casts including cc's due to the gigantic influx of haste. Other than that, you can make other setups work too, but don't expect to go gladiator standard with them. AFC is your goto spec for high end arenas.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I can say from experience that even though protection warriors DON'T hit pallies with 1300 resili for 10k damage, they do hit for an absolutely absurd amount due only to the absolutely ridiculous amount of armor penetration they roll with as well as 2p t10. Crits for 8-9k are CONSISTENTLY seen on leather and cloth targets with more than 1200 resilience (see Jigz) and the spec out damages arms by a long shot.

Having played arms for an insanely long time, I can say that in a 1v1 fight arms has an advanatage over prot if only because of our higher resilience. EVEN SO, the match comes absurdly close and I'd venture to say that at the BiS level prot warriors can destroy arms warriors with 1200 resilience (what you should be playing with in any arms warrior comp in high rating anyways...).

So basically, protection damage is insanity. The number given earlier of '10k crits' is not as far-fetched as people are making it out to be.

Protection is viable in a few setups, the most prominent of which is African Turtle Cleave which holds the top two spots on the shadowburn battle group at the moment. It is barely viable in any other comp. Mancleave lost its touch a while ago what with the decreasing predictability of casts including cc's due to the gigantic influx of haste. Other than that, you can make other setups work too, but don't expect to go gladiator standard with them. AFC is your goto spec for high end arenas.
    And this is how you properly explain your points as opposed to "10k on a 1300 resil Holy paly with shield wall up".

Oh...you mean like this Failchek? What I said was this, minus the big fucking wall of text. I guess I could of dummied it up for you with an unecessary explanation. There are alot of things to consider in a situation with a hit like that but I don't feel a need to baby it out for you. Try using your brain a little. The fact that your arguing wether a prot warrior can hit that hard is hilarious. "hyuk hyuk, this is how you properly explain your points hyuk, hyuk" Gtfo you tard. Learn to prot right.
    Last edited by Yureii; 2010-08-03 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

What's the setup for African Turtle Cleave again? Prot warr + ..?

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    What's the setup for African Turtle Cleave again? Prot warr + ..?
    Prot Warrior + Go Back One Page In This Thread, would do the job.

Or Prot Warrior + (Marksmanship?) Hunter + Healadin

Quote Originally Posted by Magoomba View Post
    Prot Warrior + Go Back One Page In This Thread, would do the job.

Or Prot Warrior + (Marksmanship?) Hunter + Healadin
    Too much text and rage on the other page, it's scarry...

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

I've been hit by a 10k ferocious bite while wearing 1200 resil and ice armor as a mage.

basically you can see numbers like that when hitting cloth because armor in wotlk is terribly broken. season 2 gear had more armor on it than season 8.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do understand that prot warrior dmg is "out of control" acording to what i have read and actualy seen on bg´s, i dont arena very often, but with the end of Arm pene and the block value wont the dmg revert to lower numbers in cata.

Lastly arent the prot palas doing an high dmg and healing, depending on gear ofc, too?
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain