Question Status of the Goblin Alchemy Racial?

At Blizzcon 09, we learned that Goblins would get an Alchemy racial (Better Living Through Chemistry) that increased their Alchemy skill by 15 and also gave them bonuses to potions (and maybe elixirs, I'm not sure) that they made. How is this racial in the beta?
    Running away and looking like a BAMF since 1998.

It only gives +15 alchemy now, no longer makes potions better: http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=69045
    See here if you're curious about their other racials: http://cata.wowhead.com/race=9#racial-traits

Would have been a little OP if goblin racial stacked with the alchemy stone

Always sat at odds with this one.

Why Alchemy? Wouldn't engineering have been a better profession to get 15+ with?

Goblin + engineering = know how baby. Anyone who says otherwise simply can't add.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

Why Alchemy? Wouldn't engineering have been a better profession to get 15+ with?

Goblin + engineering = know how baby. Anyone who says otherwise simply can't add.
    Gnomes have it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

goblins aren't only about engineering they like to blow up stuff to with potions and stuff so alchemy, the goblin lore states that goblins were slaves of the trolls first on kezan and due to mining kaja'mite they went smart, made drinks of it and they still drink them> alchemy
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Gnomes have it already.
    I don't remember reading any blue posts saying that once one race has a partictular racial no other can have it.

Alchemy makes more sense for Undead. I see no issue with both gnomes and goblins having +engineering, especially if they made it only give a bonus to their races brand of engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I don't remember reading any blue posts saying that once one race has a partictular racial no other can have it.

Alchemy makes more sense for Undead. I see no issue with both gnomes and goblins having +engineering, especially if they made it only give a bonus to their races brand of engineering.
    Nothing says they can't but its less interesting, racials are more fun when they're unique.

That being said I wish we could see the end of profession based racials. I min-max on instinct and every time I think of rolling a new race I feel like I waste potential by not rolling that profession on them. Weapon expertise fits into this category as well, I personally think there are better options for racials out there without subtlety shoehorning people into professions/classes.
    Last edited by Lyvefire; 2010-08-05 at 10:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The +15 Alchemy makes sense since, from a lore standpoint, goblins are some of the best alchemists on Azeroth. Excluding the Forsaken and their more plague-like alchemy.

And they probably did decide to go with straight Alchemy instead of Engineering because the gnomes already have it.