3v3 dks most wanted?

ALMOST every classes are getting some kind of mortal strike effect, and they are all balanced outto 25% except fury warr, and DKs are going to get some healing absorbing skill necrotic strike(however you spell it)

now im ASSUMING that dks are going to be 1 of the most wanted class in 3v3 brackets.
    -25% healing + healing absorbing = super mana burn? ( dont know what else to call it)

unholy dk + shadow priest + healer
    both have decent amount of CC + the super mana burn effect + shadow cleave damage or whatever you call it

MM hunter + dk + healer
    again both good amount of cc + the super mana burn effect + viper venom -> chimera shot( burns mana)

DK + dps (that has -25% healing) + priest healer
    same thing super mana burn + priests' mana burn

what do you guys think?

PS. im just a little sad that almost everyone elses are geting the -25% healing effect,
    and all the original classes that has it gets nerfed down to -25% too
    also with blizz's idea of "balancing" every classes' healthpool and armor, with no more ArP
    =(
    Last edited by bigshlong; 2010-07-31 at 07:15 PM.

dk + warr + healer = wooooooooooooooooo!!

Dont assume the playstyle will be the same as it is today. Today manaburning is not a good tactic, its a great tactic, maybe the best in most cases. They WILL change that. And I dont think necotic strike will be a manaburn ability, i've got a feeling they will balance it to be a buttom you press to finish someone off because DKs lack an execute spell

Quote Originally Posted by Imdownhere View Post
    Dont assume the playstyle will be the same as it is today. Today manaburning is not a good tactic, its a great tactic, maybe the best in most cases. They WILL change that. And I dont think necotic strike will be a manaburn ability, i've got a feeling they will balance it to be a buttom you press to finish someone off because DKs lack an execute spell
    you got my idea wrong lol, -25% healing effect + necrotic strike (healing absorbing effect) = putting quite a bit of stress on the healer, making them healing more than usual = more mana consuming = my thought of super mana burn effect

my thought was that since almost every classes got the healing reduction ability, and dk's necrotic strike effect stacks with the mortal strike effect, making DKs a more valuable/favorable class?

sure dks' do lack of an excute ability, but with a good timing of stranglance(the ranged silence skill) along with death grip and an interupt the healer with focus macro, and IF you have a druid healer, then cyclone
    im pretty sure your other dps could finish that target off

like my example combo

shadow priest + unholy dk + Rdruid = shadow damage cleave with alot of cc utility
    double ranged silence, fear, cyclone, death grip, ghoul stuns ect. and plus mana burn

MM hunter + unholy dk + Rdruid = alot of damage output + scatter/frozen trap cc combo along
    with mortal strike effect + necrotic strike can be pretty deadly
    Last edited by bigshlong; 2010-07-31 at 09:21 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy dk, warr, and a healer is ownage, or was last 2 seasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend View Post
    Unholy dk, warr, and a healer is ownage, or was last 2 seasons.
    It was in Furious season, now when all casters critt for 10k in arena on 1300 resilience geared people, its not so good anymore

Meh, Afflic/Unholy/Holy pally will reign supreme I think. Maybe DK/Warr/Pally. And DK's new execute would be more like Festering strike. 150% weapon damage owneddddd.

Deleted
    3v3 aint about mana burns you are playing at -1500?
    Srrsly 3s are about fast switches with fast cds+silence(TSG usally wins when Garg+DG+Silence+BS+Gnaw is used) or heavy burst with cds(Exampel for that is Beastcleave when BL is up)so eh stop thinking about comps that are based on mana war.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, it is stupid that DK's get something unique when just about everyone else gets there stuff spread out. Also, dont assume everyone is getting an MS. Pallies, shamans, and druids are all MS'less.

What i think is going to be the biggest problem in cata (at least as the current spread of utility is concerned) is that all healing hybrids will be forced into healing. Also, i dont like how it seems to me that pure classes all either gained just about every classes utility (see mages), or got interesting new mechanics (that aff lock target swap thing, the dk "MS", ect) or were already extremely well equiped to deal with any pvp situation (see rogues). Anway, time to get the healing gear ready, since with the exception of possibly shadowpriests, whatever a hybrid dps brings to the table for cata arena pvp, someone else brings that and more.

As a final note, I said arena pvp. I'm sure battle grounds will be fine enough, since you know all debuffs will be brought when there is a 10v10 battle.