View Poll Results: What's your opinion on 2hander Prot Pallys?

Voters
282. This poll is closed
  • I would fully support this

9 3.19%
  • I'm not totally sold, but I'd go with it

6 2.13%
  • Doesn't matter one way or another to me

10 3.55%
  • I wouldn't go for this, but others can if they want

23 8.16%
  • I don't support this idea

234 82.98%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ok ok, who cares about the iconic stuff? paladins are sword'n'board tanks and many people rolled/play one just because of that. dks have their own playstyle and leave it to them. if you would want to widen the difference between tanking classes then work around what we gott now instead of totally changing the whole playstyle

the thing about it is....i don't really remember Arthas or Uther accually tanking anything.....Artas in cos is the worst ret pally pug you can ever get and uther was a true buffbot and healer in the novels(with an off spec of ret)being a tanking pally sometimes i think the shield gives them the right look of a holy protector....2hd is awesome for the ret .....so why not if you want to screw one of the pally trees up go for a 2hd healer so that they can turn strength to spell power and use the dps 2hders too

Quote Originally Posted by matiwariat View Post
    ok ok, who cares about the iconic stuff? paladins are sword'n'board tanks and many people rolled/play one just because of that. dks have their own playstyle and leave it to them. if you would want to widen the difference between tanking classes then work around what we gott now instead of totally changing the whole playstyle
    No...just..no...

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Dog View Post
    Because it's not ridiculous. It actually makes perfect sense. You obviously know nothing about paladins. They are iconic for wielding two handed maces, nothing else. You are just stuck with the WoW mentality of tanks having to use shields.
    You are right, I know nothing about paladins because I think they are boring to the max. Oh and I'm not stuck in your so called "wow mentality of tanks having to use shields" because as you can see I play DK so I'm used to tank without shield.
    But anyway from your point of view they should be able to only wield 2H maces and nothing else. Gosh that would be a great idea, saves some competition on 2H axes and swords for proper dps classes like warriors and DKs.
    Oh, you might want to run MC then to get yourself a Finkles Lava Dredger for holy xD

---------- Post added 2010-08-01 at 10:15 AM ----------

Weeeeee woooooo weeeeeee wooooooo grammar police!
    Weeeeee woooooo weeeeeee wooooooo it's the fail train coming in. What he did wasn't a grammar mistake, you should look into the difference between grammar and vocabulary/spelling words.

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive View Post
    You are right, I know nothing about paladins because I think they are boring to the max. Oh and I'm not stuck in your so called "wow mentality of tanks having to use shields" because as you can see I play DK so I'm used to tank without shield.
    But anyway from your point of view they should be able to only wield 2H maces and nothing else. Gosh that would be a great idea, saves some competition on 2H axes and swords for proper dps classes like warriors and DKs.
    Oh, you might want to run MC then to get yourself a Finkles Lava Dredger for holy xD

---------- Post added 2010-08-01 at 10:15 AM ----------

Weeeeee woooooo weeeeeee wooooooo it's the fail train coming in. What he did wasn't a grammar mistake, you should look into the difference between grammar and vocabulary/spelling words.
    Awww sounds like somebody is just a little angry they got smacked upside the head with some knowledge.

Deleted
    Grammar police is a very important part of our society.

wifout grammer plice evryting wud luk lik tis

Could you imagine reading that?

Now, on topic. Have you ever thought that paladins may be iconic for both Sword'n'Board tanking and 2 handed mace retribution?
    Also. I don't like the idea of paladins getting revamped every month or so, so I do not support this idea. Thank you for listening. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithnian View Post
    Grammar police is a very important part of our society.

wifout grammer plice evryting wud luk lik tis

Could you imagine reading that?

Now, on topic. Have you ever thought that paladins may be iconic for both Sword'n'Board tanking and 2 handed mace retribution?
    Also. I don't like the idea of paladins getting revamped every month or so, so I do not support this idea. Thank you for listening. Goodbye.
    But they aren't iconic for the sword/shield combo soooo... yeah. Yet another person whos only knowledge of the Warcraft universe comes from WoW. This is sad.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 handed weapon with a shield. Have like an ability the warriors have but allow it with a shield
    gets your argument with iconic sword n board and 2hander right there

Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    2 handed weapon with a shield. Have like an ability the warriors have but allow it with a shield
    gets your argument with iconic sword n board and 2hander right there
    That makes absolutely no sense.

The people clicking "I don't support this" obviously know nothing about the lore of paladins. Ah the sweet smell of ignorance.
    lol lore, lore can't be fully followed because of balance, ahhh the sweet smell of ignorance
    Last edited by killingcheese; 2010-08-01 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    My point was, Paladin's in WoW -are- iconic for 2-handed maces. But that's just retribution. I didn't see any paladin in WC3 or WC2 tanking with a 2hander, although I didn't play WC2 all the way through. Anyway, I haven't seen any 2handed tanking paladin, anywhere, ever. The closest thing to a prot paladin might have been Devotion aura in WC3. Or Divine Shield. And I'm not even sure those are protection abilites. Might aswell be holy abilites.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    In Warcraft. In most fantasy, paladins are iconic for their reliance on 2H weapons.
    here's a Screenshot of me Tanking Deathwing

lol but seriously... paladins in every other game is viewed as having a shield:

Dark age of Camelot:

Diablo 2:

FF11:

Ragnarok:

there's more but i'll stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by killingcheese View Post
    lol lore, lore can't be fully followed because of ballance, ahhh the sweet smell of ignorance
    I c wut u did thar.

terrible idea horrible is

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are the ones known for having mighty strength!
    If anything, thanks to a talent similiar to Titans Grip, Warriors should be able to have a 2hander and a Shield, rather than two-twohanders

Quote Originally Posted by killuh View Post
    terrible idea horrible is
    Nope not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar View Post
    here's a Screenshot of me Tanking Deathwing
    [IMG]tankphoto[/IMG]

lol but seriously... paladins in every other game is viewed as having a shield:

Dark age of Camelot:
    [IMG]tankphoto[/IMG]

Diablo 2:
    [IMG]tankphoto[/IMG]

FF11:
    [IMG]tankphoto[/IMG]

Ragnarok:
    [IMG]tankphoto[/IMG]

there's more but i'll stop here.
    you forgot the dwarf paladin of warcraft3 with shield and 1hander.

on topic it might not be a bad idea but see al the QQ coming, but after the overhaul they did to paladins for cataclysm it's very unlickely they will/should do it
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

If they did this, maybe they could introduce the 2handed tank weapons that Blizzard created but didn't implement.

http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=44948
    http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=44926

Obviously were made for DK's before Blizzard decided they wanted them to tank with DPS weapons.
    come out with your hands on your heads, you are surrounded by armed bastards

Quote Originally Posted by bobdebouwer View Post
    you forgot the dwarf paladin of warcraft3 with shield and 1hander.
    i wanted to go on Other games and not in the Warcraft franchise.

I c wut u did thar.
    Seriously bro your nerd rage amuses me. Also your earlier post about not being arrogant is just lawl. I've read a solid amount of fantasy and played many a fantasy game and honestly I think its a pretty even split. You have the crusader style of paladin who is basically ret and 2hands it up in alot of stuff and the more templar style who slaps on a sword and board to protect the innocent. Its been referenced both ways in many places. Basically what im saying is yes i picked i wouldn't support this mostly because of gameplay reasons but even from a lore perspective i think there is ample lore on either side.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight