Deleted

Chakra sugestion

Fist of all we would have 3 different types of healing spells:

-Single Target Heal: Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, Renew.

-AoE Healing: Prayer of Healing, Circle of healing, PoM, Divine Hymn

-DPS: Smite, Holy fire, Mind blast

When you cast 3 spell of the same time you enter a Chakra state empowering your for 20 sec. There are 3 different Chakras:

Chakra 1: You cast 3 spells of the Single Target Heal type entering on the Chakra 1.

Increases the critical effect chance of your Single Target heal spells by x% and those spells have a chance of y% to refresh the duration of your renew on the target.

Chakra 2: You cast 3 spells of the AoE Healing type entering on the Chakra 2.

Increases the healing done by your AoE Healing spells by x% and reduces the cooldown of your CoH by 1 sec.

Chakra 3: You cast 3 spells of the DPS type entering on the Chakra 3.

Increases your total damage done by Shadow and Holy spells by x%

Note: You don't need to cast 3 spells in a row. A few examples of how this would work:

Prayer of Mending - Flash heal - Circle of healing - Heal - Guardian Spirit - Prayer of Healing - Priest enter on Chakra 2

Smite - Heal - PoM - PoH - Flash Heal - Heal - Priest enter on Chakra 1

If someone could past this suggestion to this thread ,on the US forums, i would be very grateful:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=26262770029
    Last edited by mmoc5758f841fa; 2010-07-31 at 09:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been keeping slight blind-eye on the Priest changes so I don't get disappoined if we get "nerfed" (during development, not from where we currently stand and just a pleasant surprise in 4.0), but does Mind Blast not count towards the DPS Chakra? That's not nice, regardless of magic school.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I've been keeping slight blind-eye on the Priest changes so I don't get disappoined if we get "nerfed" (during development, not from where we currently stand and just a pleasant surprise in 4.0), but does Mind Blast not count towards the DPS Chakra? That's not nice, regardless of magic school.
    Good point. Mind blast should be on the dps chakra.

Ultima: no real chance of that happening, there is really nothing amazing about a beta priest right now at all. Discpriests lack throughput, shadow lack a well-designed talent tree, and holypriests lack a cash-in on the "we want to move away from boring passive talents" statement. Both kinds of healing priests struggle badly to even quest, and healing instance trash is pretty darned hard on the mana. Then again, that's true for most of the healers; it's not a priest healer thing

On topic:

GC just did a rather ballsy statement regarding chakra:

I predict Chakra is going to be the reason players play Holy priests. It's going to be the kind of thing where you try out Disc for a few nights but decide you miss Chakra too much and go back. It's just not there yet.
    If you ask me, if they get this right (and I retain my human rights to remain skeptical about just that), Chakra should definitively become the holy lvl 10 ability.

The control of it all would be a little weird. What if you didn't want to enter Chakra 2 at that point in your example, but just did so by mistake? Could you cast another Heal and it would cancel the type 2 chakra and put you in a type 1 chakra instead, or would you need to cast three single target heals for that? Either way it just seems like you'd always be in some Chakra even if you don't think about it at all - it's just not possible to avoid. I really don't think that that's the design intent.

I'm not sure that Chakra should be something that just happens all the time by itself, and I imagine that it would be quite chaotic if the different types of it keep overriding each other as you keep casting.

Deleted
    I saw this sugestion on the US forum made by a priest named Xandiva, and i think it is even beter than the one i made.

Maybe we could have one spell (almost like an "Apply Chakra" - 15-30 sec cd or no cd, off gcd) that gets us into Chakra state based on the next spell we cast. That way we could be changing chakras a lot, on the fly, and it would feel like less of a chore and more rewarding for doing it properly (ie. aoe raid dmg in 10 seconds, time to make sure I have my chakra off cd and ready to switch into PoH chakra). I think the cooldown would keep it a smart and interactive decision, rather than having it simply macro'd to the effected spells, or just baked right in.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...029&pageNo=1#9
    Last edited by mmoc5758f841fa; 2010-07-31 at 10:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's going to be so good that it makes me want to go back to holy from the discipline spec that I've enjoyed for this entire expansion (and am so glad I have not once seen Circle of Healing on a button the entire time), then I'm skeptical of even being a priest come Cataclysm. I don't see the fun of having a class with two specs once again.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

what is this... I dont even..

I believe the current chakra was pretty well murdered on the official forums - basically a holypriest managing to keep three chakras active at all times, managing to have enough mana to do so, will...

- Get roughly 6% more hps
    - Lose the ability to dispel and use other utility (as casting any non-buildup spell break the chakra buildup chain)
    - Lose the ability to immediately respond to situations with the correct heal, as maintaining chakra requires special cast sequences. This goes badly against the holy playstyle.

It's not really a good tradeoff. At all. GC acknowledged this in his latest post. I would assume chakra is going back to the design board. They need to make a chakra state notable and desirable, without making it OP or horribly distracting to enable. That is a very hard order.

Deleted
    After some reflection and reading some ideas from other players i´ve come up with this second suggestion:

Chakra is now a spell that when activated gets you into Chakra state based on the next spell you cast. It needs to have a 30s-60s CD, to make the decision of entering an chakra state important.

Again we would have 3 types of spell:

-Single Target Heal: Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, Renew.

-AoE Healing: Prayer of Healing, Circle of healing, PoM, Divine Hymn

-DPS: Smite, Holy fire, Mind blast

And 3 diferent Chakras:

Chakra 1: Is activated by casting a Single Target Heal spell, after casting the Chakra spell.

Increases the critical effect chance of your Single Target heal spells by x% and those spells have a chance of y% to refresh the duration of your renew on the target.

Chakra 2: Is activated by casting a AoE Healing spell, after casting the Chakra spell

Increases the healing done by your AoE Healing spells by x% and reduces the cooldown of your CoH by 1 sec.

Chakra 3: Is activated by casting a DPS spell, after casting the Chakra spell.

Increases your total damage done by Shadow and Holy spells by x%

Exemples:

Chakra spell - Flash Heal - Priest enters on Chakra 1

Chakra spell - CoH - Priest enters on Chakra 2

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    I saw this sugestion on the US forum made by a priest named Xandiva, and i think it is even beter than the one i made.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...029&pageNo=1#9

From the previous Chakra thread:
    (yes I'm quoting myself!)

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Chakra (Instant cast, 45sec cooldown, 35% of base mana)
    You enter an altered state of mind, allowing the next spell you cast to gain additional powers for 45 seconds. Only specific spells can trigger this effect.

There. It's pretty costly, it has a cooldown (equal to the duration), but it's useful and doesn't require us to do unnecessary spell rotations.

I would take it tbh...

Oh and before I forget: It's an active cooldown to push. Something I really miss from Holy :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    If it's going to be so good that it makes me want to go back to holy from the discipline spec that I've enjoyed for this entire expansion (and am so glad I have not once seen Circle of Healing on a button the entire time), then I'm skeptical of even being a priest come Cataclysm. I don't see the fun of having a class with two specs once again.
    I went from Holy in Naxx to going Disc in late Ulduar and staying there till mid ICC. Once I changed back to Holy (because our healers sucked so much on BQL without a % buff, and doing 9k HPS made me happy down and upstairs), I really enjoyed it. It was like a pinball machine compared to whack-a-mole Disc, neither really requiring thinking or "skill", but Holy made me do more stuff, which was actually nice.

So, Disc is my lazy spec and Holy is my fun gogo spec. I prefer Holy at the moment, but I've not done a raid for months and months, so uh...how's Hallion..? What I mean is, make me not want to play my Warlock Blizzard!!

Hallion normalmode is kinda fun. As a priest healer, you will be stuck on shadow realm duty, healing the tank and dispelling debuffs - while of course avoiding the laser beams.

Problem is; our single target HPS is kinda lackluster compared to the sick damage a tank takes. We usually have to bring in a holy paladin to actually heal the tank in the shadow realm.... which makes me wonder what I am actually doing for the good of the raid.

Hallion hardmode is a exercise in frustration. Considering that on any given fight we lose 3-4 people on the lasers in normalmode, hardmode is just not possible. Makes me sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, well that sucks. Are the lasers really that hard? I imagine if you can deal with defile, you should be able to deal with the lasers?

And yeah, not sure why we go in the portal if a Pally needs to be there anyway then. They can dispel fine last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    After some reflection and reading some ideas from other players i´ve come up with this second suggestion:

Chakra is now a spell that when activated gets you into Chakra state based on the next spell you cast. It needs to have a 30s-60s CD, to make the decision of entering an chakra state important.
    I really dislike Chakra idea, it's unplayable and against our gameplay. But your suggestion is similar to Inner Fire/Inner Will armors. To use a button automatically once every 1m is not fun. Ofc, anything that replace the current Chakra is welcomed, even another boring buff.

I'm agree that more spells should activate Chakra states, Greater Heal and Holy Fire are the most obvious ones. But there are other spells like Binding Heal, Flash Heal, Circle, Holy Nova, Mind Spike and Mind Blast that could be interesting to add to the proc list.

I'm afraid about GC words. Chakra has to change a lot to be the reason to play a holypriest. We don't need a talent like that. Even if they improve the current mechanic Chakra will never be fun.

Ah, well that sucks. Are the lasers really that hard? I imagine if you can deal with defile, you should be able to deal with the lasers?
    Not at all. They are predictable and they move very very slowly. Avoiding the laser beam is about as easy as avoiding the barn in tarren mill. The game also tells you 5 seconds in advance before they appear. And we also shout out that they will come on Ventrilo in my raid. Avoiding them is dead easy. Getting caught unaware should simply not be possible.

Which means that the average raider is going to die horribly, repeatedly and to the dismay of the 12-18 people who actually manage to move out of them. It's kinda sad. And very much worthy of a /headdesk.

And yeah, not sure why we go in the portal if a Pally needs to be there anyway then. They can dispel fine last time I checked.
    I very much suspect the encounter is healable by three paladin healers. One outside, two inside. A shaman or a druid can also heal the outside room rather easily. Holy Priests don't really have anything to offer on the fight beyond body and soul, to be honest. At least disc priests do offer increased survivability for everyone in the shadow realm.

But it's a fun encounter. My guild's healing channel make lots of wages about which raider is going to fail first.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    My guild's healing channel make lots of wages about which raider is going to fail first.
    My guild's started doing the same, except it's usually me dying to cleaves.

I run into the cleave box, trying to time it so I can get a Prayer off while lasers are spinning. I take chances, and I usually end up Elven Hamburger between dragon claws. It's awesome when I get the timing down, though.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~