Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Mage in need of some good pvp Tips!

Ok, so im a frost mage. And im decent but i seem to get raped by certain classes. mainly, Shaman, druid, warlock, and most of all hunters. I dont know if there are some things i could be dooing against them that im not that would help. but any tips would be amazing thank you. oh and yes. i dont have a whole lot of pvp gear yet. about 450 resil.

How I fight is I start off with frost nova. then deep freeze them usually followed by poly get some distance then Icy veins and trink for extra spell power. then shatter combo. frost bolt, frost bolt, ice lance, frost bolt til proc for frostfire bolt. what am i doing wrong? oh and can i not spell steal a pally bubble? if so wtf is that spell even useful for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Start with polymorph, get more resil, hug hunters.

profit

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok. so polymorph then shatter combo then stun?

no, spell shatter, combo stun, polymorph shatter combo.

really, moar resi, hug hunters, spell steals BOPS and bloodlust from shamans unless they're behind a wall of buffs.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok. sounds good. thanks much. oh and i was playing a hunter last night. trying to hug him right. had him about 2 inches away from me and he still bowed me down. i was like WTF?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulken View Post
    ok. sounds good. thanks much. oh and i was playing a hunter last night. trying to hug him right. had him about 2 inches away from me and he still bowed me down. i was like WTF?!?!
    That is because your gear suck and his did not. Hunters are superior unless the mage really knows how to spin him.

And no, you can't spellsteal Divine Shield,jesus. HoP is spellstealable, and so is most magicbuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    If u think u can spellsteal pally's DS and u think Spellsteal is not useful u should quit playing mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulken View Post
    Ok, so im a frost mage. And im decent but i seem to get raped by certain classes. mainly, Shaman, druid, warlock, and most of all hunters. I dont know if there are some things i could be dooing against them that im not that would help. but any tips would be amazing thank you. oh and yes. i dont have a whole lot of pvp gear yet. about 450 resil.

How I fight is I start off with frost nova. then deep freeze them usually followed by poly get some distance then Icy veins and trink for extra spell power. then shatter combo. frost bolt, frost bolt, ice lance, frost bolt til proc for frostfire bolt. what am i doing wrong? oh and can i not spell steal a pally bubble? if so wtf is that spell even useful for?
    Get some Furious Gear at least. Your resi is bad, that is why you get raped.

Elemental Shaman - Polymorph, Frostbolt, Ice Lance (while he is flameshocking you), Counterspell (He'll cast LVB after flame shock), Frostbolt, or if he's frozen already, DEEP FREEZE and use procs.

Destro Warlock - Same, just make sure he can't use his chaos bolt.

Hunters - If they slow you, blink to them. Your slows should be more effective, since you're frost, and you should be able to keep up to him and spam instants. you must not be even 5 yards away because hunter dead zone was removed a long time ago and he can still shoot you. By hugging, we mean hugging.

Feral Druids - if you have problems with Feral Druids, idk what's wrong with you, just kite them O.o

Balance Druids - They must not cast zeh starfall! Starfall will destroy you. They must be deep freezeddd.

Warrior - Use your wand

SPELLSTEAL

Are you seriously saying that Spellsteal is useless brcause it can't work on Divine Shield?

Do you have any idea how awesome it is to steal a druid's HoTs or a pally's BoK? And priests can Mass Dispel DS, so if you're playing with a priest...

Spellstealing any resto druid's HoTs is good, because it stops healing them and it starts healing you (common sense) :P

Spellstealing Blessing of Kings for example will give you 10% of all stats, as you know. That is a really good buff.

Spellstealing Bloodlust from a shaman is a really nice buff too, don't you think?

Spellstealing is very nice and can sometimes turn the tides of the match in your team's favor, for example, the druid's HoTs as I mentioned above.
    Last edited by mmoc1cc94a666b; 2010-08-01 at 07:38 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks for all the help. i really appreciate it. and btw i know spellsteal isnt useless. it just pissed me off cuz i wanted that pally's bubble. lol. but thank you for all the help.

oh and wand for warrior? why?