Race Change in Cata

I hope that blizzard doesn't allow people to race change for a long time. Its gonna be stupid if a month later everyone race changes to goblin and worgen because they are the new hot thing. I think it will kind of ruin it for the players who leveled up together as those races rather than the ones who just race changed to them at 85.
    Only through chaos can we achieve true peace.

There is no rational argument against race change availability on launch, short of server stability, and that's nothing that should delay it more than a day or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to wait 3 months to race change to Goblin/Worgen.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Got blue on that 3 months?

But regardless, even if true, it just makes Blizzard look stupid, because... there is no rational argument against race change availability on launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know they're not allowing people to race change for a quite sometime to not fuck with server first goblin/worgen. I remember reading 3 months. Not 100% sure though.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I know they're not allowing people to race change for a quite sometime to not fuck with server first goblin/worgen. I remember reading 3 months. Not 100% sure though.
    pretty sure they took those achievements out because of the WOTLK incident with realm first and everything...

Yeah... server firsts are a perfect example of "no rational argument". Because they could easily change those achievements to be for leveling 1-85 anyway, for one thing. For another, I'll be blunt -- if you leveled 1-85 first, got an achievement, and were emotionally harmed by the fact that there were other level 85 of that race due to race change... get a life. And third, they aren't holding back Goblin and Worgen DKs, so obviously they don't care about "legitimate" realm firsts anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Yeah... server firsts are a perfect example of "no rational argument". Because they could easily change those achievements to be for leveling 1-85 anyway, for one thing. For another, I'll be blunt -- if you leveled 1-85 first, got an achievement, and were emotionally harmed by the fact that there were other level 85 of that race due to race change... get a life. And third, they aren't holding back Goblin and Worgen DKs, so obviously they don't care about "legitimate" realm firsts anyway.
    They're holding back goblin/worgen Dks, because of realm first achieves.

I doubt they'll hold them off for more then a few weeks really. Blizzard likes money, they'd be stupid if they didn't exploit the hype and impulse buyers.

Server firsts really will take a week, maybe two for some small servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twister1279 View Post
    pretty sure they took those achievements out because of the WOTLK incident with realm first and everything...
    No idea why they would.

Pfffffft, Fuck worgen and goblin,

Im gonna play a Holy cow!
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nide View Post
    I doubt they'll hold them off for more then a few weeks really. Blizzard likes money, they'd be stupid if they didn't exploit the hype and impulse buyers.

Server firsts really will take a week, maybe two for some small servers.
    Delaying selling something can lead to more buyers over time though. Think back to Celestial Steed, lots of buyers for it. If they'd added a second purchasable mount, total sales at the time would have gone up. However, combined sales of two mounts added separately will likely be much higher.

Delaying this gives people a taste of having Worgen/Goblins around while at the same time making them not too common. Anticipation higher for when race changes to them are allowed, increasing total sales of race changes. Delay also opens up higher likelihood of people who rerolled Goblin/Worgen to start with to race change later because they don't want to "play the race everyone changed to".

10+ Year Old Account

No idea why they would.
    i read a few other posts on the forum saying that they removed the realm first things because people were sent to the hospital because they were that desperate for them, or something along those lines

And as per the post above me, it seems im wrong, go blue posts?

im not really worried about the achievement so much as i am having the game more balanced. I just think it would take the fun out of it a little if you only see one race mostly and not the others.
    Only through chaos can we achieve true peace.

I'm pretty sure that race change won't be available to Worgen and Goblins for some time until everything is stable after the release of cata.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

They're holding back goblin/worgen Dks, because of realm first achieves.
    Pretty sure you can start a goblin or worgen dk right out of the gate. Unless i missed a blue post.