Poll: What design of Paladin armor do you prefer?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Paladin Armor Skirt or no Skirt

Yeah, call it whatever you like - Robe over a suit of armor, Skirt, Kilt...
    The question is as the following: do you like the Paladin armor design that involves skirts?
    Personally, I truly despise them, with the exception of T2. I don't really know what's with this armor, but it looks GOOD with skirt. However, t8, t10... Are better off with ordinary legplates in my opinion.
    It may be the matter of my spec - as prot, with a mighty shield the kilt does not stand out so much (as ret).
    So getting to the point:
    Which of the options in the poll you prefer and why?

What poll?

And I prefer non skirt, since Im tank
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

Since the poll is added after creating the topic, it takes a while for it to appear.
    It should be visible now.

It'd be awesome if it were spec dependent. But as Holy I gotta prefer the robes... (Though holy in plate is less weird than Ret/Prot in robe.)

Don't agree with any of the polls - I feel that the overall design matters more than if there's a skirt or not. For instance, T10? HIDEOUS. It's somewhat better with the Sanct and the Heroic Sanct, but still, it's dreadful - a skirt makes it worse. I don't think legplates would improve that.

Tier 8, I liked - the white complimented it well. The 25 man version, however, was not so impressive with a skirt.

Tier 2, as you have already stated, is incredible.

It depends on the overall design for me to say whether the skirt does or doesn't work.

Deleted
    I'd prefer my male characters to not wear dresses.

Give Paladins the skirts, we all know that Warriors are the ones wearing the pants around here anyways.

Nah, ditch the skirt. I hate it. Made me roll a druid. Whom wears robes.. Which is a tad gay but I can live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

I love the tier 8 and 10 (8 more) and their skirts, seeing your melee character in plate skirt was diferent an amazing

i prefer bloodelf female paladin upskirt =)

back to topic: it's PLATE armor, how does a plate skirt look like? a paladin should look like a protector of light (thats why paladins use shields!) and not like warlock/mage/priest.

Deleted
    The only possible solution for this would be a box in the interface menue, under Display: allowing you to on/off a skirt or whatever on every class.

I would prefer shorter skirts, to the knees :d

With, no matter what spec. It simply looks better.

T6 being the only exception. That set looked damn nice.

I have the perfect solution for this:

I think it depends on the overall design of the set. Also as far as the argument of it being plate armor and needing to be legs, did you ever stop to think that the plate legs were under the robe? Besides, I'm sure it doesn't really matter if the robe itself was plate, there are bigger issues in Wow then armor beign historically inaccurate and impractical, for instance the Halberd of Smiting from Zul'gurub has a chance to decapatate an enemy for 400 - 500 damage with the average player probably having about 5k health back in vanilla. Last time I checked if you get decapatated IRL then you're instantly dead.

as long as you can make that skirt look good, blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Duh, everyone knows armor in WoW is not supposed to look practical, but to look appealing to the player (with WotLK PvP armor being somewhat of a compromise.

LOVED tier 8! Holy paladin here, and I love seeing the plate gowns
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

I just tell myself it's a plated kilt and it helps me sleep at night.

Really though, I don't mind it. It just depends on how the tier set looks as a whole. Base T10 as a whole was just sorta terrible. 264 looks better and 277 looks great so the skirt doesn't bother me so much.

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

you guys play paladins, so "skirts" should be fine..
    paladins - holy knights of the light - monks wearing plate armor..
    since you all religous an shit, wearing cowls should be cool for you..