Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Order of the Badasses

Hey fellow forum-goers!

With all these new so called "badasses" coming into WoW, I thought I'd look into them and put them into and order of badass-ness that I thought was right:

1. Varok Saurfang - Always has been and always will be the reigning badass. Not only is he amazing in-game, but I love his lore and character development.

2. Therudin the Lost - He punched Deathwing in the face, and I totally believed him. One badass dwarf right there. No proper lore, but come on, face punch!

3. Thrall - He's holding Azeroth together all by himself at the Maelstrom (I think). Possibly the greatest Shaman in existence, and I like his lore xD

4. ROCK ON, And A Dinosaur, Epicus Maximus - Frickin' lazerbeams! (The undead on a devilsaur on a shark with lazorz that is patrolling the Maelstrom!)

5. Bolvar Fordragon - Withstood torture from the Lich King and took on the massive burden of becoming the new Lich King.

6. Crowley - To me he isn't much of a badass yet but it seems like there is a large fan-following for him, so meh!

Please feel free to comment on the order, but not with "OMG CROWLEY IS TOP, HE CAN CLEAVE WITH HIS FISTS!!!1!!!1!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN". I am not biased, I play both Alliance and Horde and like both about equally.

Mention any badasses and their achievements and I'll be sure to add them to my list after I've looked into them!

Lets keep the raging fanboyism flaming to a low please!
    Last edited by Maldazar985; 2010-08-01 at 05:04 PM.

OMG CROWLEY IS TOP, HE CAN CLEAVE WITH HIS FISTS!!!1!!!1!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN

^this

Saurfang neeed a wepon to cleave, fist cleave is more amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldazar985 View Post
    Hey fellow forum-goers!

With all these new so called "badasses" coming into WoW, I thought I'd look into them and put them into and order of badass-ness that I thought was right:

1. Varok Saurfang - Always has been and always will be the reigning badass. Not only is he amazing in-game, but I love his lore and character development.

2. Therudin the Lost - He punched Deathwing in the face, and I totally believed him. One badass dwarf right there. No proper lore, but come on, face punch!

3. Crowley - To me he isn't much of a badass yet but it seems like there is a large fan-following for him, so meh!

4. Thrall - He's holding Azeroth together all by himself at the Maelstrom (I think). Possibly the greatest Shaman in existence, and I like his lore xD

5. ROCK ON, And A Dinosaur, Epicus Maximus - Frickin' lazerbeams!

Please feel free to comment on the order, but not with "OMG CROWLEY IS TOP, HE CAN CLEAVE WITH HIS FISTS!!!1!!!1!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN". I am not biased, I play both Alliance and Horde and like both about equally.

Mention any badasses and their achievements and I'll be sure to add them to my list after I've looked into them!

Lets keep the raging fanboyism flaming to a low please!
    I say no to all.
    I play alliance know nothing about saufrang cept his son is dead. Boo-hoo.
    Punching deathwing in the face? What about all the nightelves and orcs who died to save the world tree? Or all the millions of soilders who went into AQ to stop C'thun from taking over the world?..... Facepunch is not too cool....
    Crowley is kinda cool but he is not steeped in lore like other toons are only thing neat is him fistcleaving. /yay /sarcasam
    Tharll is a pansy who almost got killed by garrosh and varian. Try to prove me wrong I dare you on that because everyone did the wrathgate quests and everyone knows he almost got killed off before Wolk came out when garrosh wanted power. And hes holding up the maelstrom yay? Malfurion killed archimode...... Varian took out ony after years in forced gladitran camps. Sylvanas is raising her own undead and pratically becoming the new lich king!
    for you last one all I can do is /facepalm. thats not gonna actually be ingame its a joke so get over it.

I say the guy who deserves to be on top is Bolviar. He really could have killed the lichking off at the wrathgate but the undead had to be dicks. He survived (no timeline given we can say months or days idk) of torture from the lichking himself! The strongest person alive in the game currently. Then after the lichking was killed he became the new lichking just to save the world because the undead always need a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnex View Post
    Rumor also has it that Saurfang once cleaved three men in half with one swing… of his hand.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=25626575587

xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    I say no to all.
    I say the guy who deserves to be on top is Bolviar. He really could have killed the lichking off at the wrathgate but the undead had to be dicks. He survived (no timeline given we can say months or days idk) of torture from the lichking himself! The strongest person alive in the game currently. Then after the lichking was killed he became the new lichking just to save the world because the undead always need a leader.
    Haha.. Bolvar is strong but that is where the line ends.. He would have no absolute chance against the Lich king. Fury of Frostmourne anyone?. I think it was the dragon's breath that helped Bolvar alot when he was tortured by the Lich King.
    Frostmourne hungers!

"Varok Saurfang has served with the Horde ever since he drank the blood of Mannoroth alongside Grom Hellscream. Varok led forces in the sacking of Shattrath, Stormwind, and everything between, never losing in battle until the Horde was routed at the end of the Second War. When Orgrim Doomhammer seized control of the Horde in the First War, he chose Varok Saurfang as his second-in-command after witnessing Varok's efficient and brutal tactics on the field. After the demonic bloodlust had been lifted from the orcs due to Grom Hellscream's sacrifice, Varok helped dozens of veterans come to grips with their previous atrocities, ultimately saving the lives of many great Horde soldiers. Rumor also has it that Saurfang once cleaved three men in half with one swing… of his hand."

/thread

I say no to all.
    Sylvanas is raising her own undead and pratically becoming the new lich king!
    All hail the female king!

I say no to all.
    I play alliance know nothing about saufrang cept his son is dead. Boo-hoo.
    Punching deathwing in the face? What about all the nightelves and orcs who died to save the world tree? Or all the millions of soilders who went into AQ to stop C'thun from taking over the world?..... Facepunch is not too cool....
    Crowley is kinda cool but he is not steeped in lore like other toons are only thing neat is him fistcleaving. /yay /sarcasam
    Tharll is a pansy who almost got killed by garrosh and varian. Try to prove me wrong I dare you on that because everyone did the wrathgate quests and everyone knows he almost got killed off before Wolk came out when garrosh wanted power. And hes holding up the maelstrom yay? Malfurion killed archimode...... Varian took out ony after years in forced gladitran camps. Sylvanas is raising her own undead and pratically becoming the new lich king!
    for you last one all I can do is /facepalm. thats not gonna actually be ingame its a joke so get over it.

1. Saurfang is an extremelly notable warrior that was basically unstoppable when leading the Old Horde into war. He also has an extreme amount of "facts" created about him and since Ahn'Qiraj has been an amost legendary meme on most WoW forums and in-game chat.

2. Punching <The Destroyer of Worlds> in the face isn't cool? Okay xD

3. I only chose Crowley because half of the bloody forums are shouting his name as the new total badass.

4. Thrall was not losing in the duel against Garrosh, nor was he losing against Varian in the Wrathgate quests. Both fights were stopped before either combatant was ahead. More lore about Thrall: while he was only LEARNING about shamanism, I believe he leveled a keep. He was also kept in Human prison camps and became a great strategist by learning from his captors. As I have already said, the MOST powerful Shaman in Warcraft.

5. Sylvanas is just turning evil. But kinda in a badass way.

6. Bolvar had no-where near enough power to take on the Lich King alone. Saurfang the Younger (also very powerful) was one-shotted by the Lich King, so I doubt Bolvar would have stood much more of a chance. I will however add him to the list for withstanding torture and taking the burden of becoming the Lich King xD

OMG CROWLEY IS TOP, HE CAN CLEAVE WITH HIS FISTS!!!1!!!1!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN
    This please. Crowley goes on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang doesn't need a weapon to cleave, he is just smart enough to use one.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Saurfang doesn't need a weapon to cleave, he is just smart enough to use one.

Tru dat! If Crowley tried he'd probably try to hold the blade tbh xD

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas, The Lich King View Post
    Haha.. Bolvar is strong but that is where the line ends.. He would have no absolute chance against the Lich king. Fury of Frostmourne anyone?. I think it was the dragon's breath that helped Bolvar alot when he was tortured by the Lich King.
    Lore wise he is steeped in it. Back in TBC or when achivements first came out before wrath was release, when bolviar was in the room with varian he would wipe a 40 man raid. Blizzard had to go into the game and remove him with a hotfix because there was no way to get that achivement. He could solo 10 ony guards at level 60. You can say that he would have never gotten the lich king...... But 10 people with no lore history or any chance of taking on 40 horde. If you can show me 10 people who at level 60 could take out 10 ony guards, then at level 70 take out 40 people of the opposing faction I will admit defeat. Until then Bolviar is the most badass person in the game. Also on the dragon breath part...... Since when do you know someone who got covered in plauge slime then was burned to death to be healed? The only thing that helped him hang on was his sheer willpower!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anth3m View Post
    Let's not forget, The Big G spanked Thrall's alliance loving ass in a duel.
    I belive it was retcon'd, no? In the comics shows Thrall with full control of the situation, tough I would go more with what happens in-game, so meh

I would totally put Muradin Bronzebeard on that list by the way, also Vol'jin

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed. "

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go again..

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnex View Post
    He only uses his axe to soften you up. If you survive he cleaves you with his mind. That is what happened to Sargeras.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

1. Me
    2. Hogger
    3. L800ETC
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anth3m View Post
    You mention Thrall but not Garrosh who is 10x the badass Thrall ever was?

Let's not forget, The Big G spanked Thrall's alliance loving ass in a duel.

http://img148.imageshack.us/f/garroshpwnt.jpg/

*cough*
    Having trouble holding your axe there, big G?

Crowley > Chuck Norris > Saurfang

true story

Deleted
    Isin't the Earthen Ring holding the maelstrom together not just Thrall? Then I am sure Ner'zhul and Nobundo (trained by the elements themselves) would like a word.