Deleted

i think my sim is broken

so, i just wanted to check my character again: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Fallennzall (ignore the ungemmed/unenchanted pants, i haven't logged in on him since i tried to sim him). the goal was to see if it was worth it to switch my gemming from STR/crit to STR/haste. now, i had to edit the items file, because my trinket was not supported (used passive values for ease of calculation and editing, 148 AP and 49 ArP, added it in between both deathbringer's will trinkets). now, the problem is that when i want to see what kind of an upgrade greatness card is, when i replace incisor fragment with darkmoon card: greatness, and recalculate my DPS, it goes DOWN! my DPS with my current trinket (and gemmed pants with STR/crit gem, STR gem and icescale) is 7955 DPS. my DPS with greatness deck is 7877. logic dictates it would go up.

now what i have discovered is, that when i replace incisor fragment with greatness card, i don't get an updated proc, i.e. the trinkets effect does not change from blank to greatness or whatever it is. furthermore, every time i consult my character page and save it (could also be whenever i sim a char), the portion of the window that shows my gear moves down a complete length, meaning i need to scroll down massively. the stat summary stays, however...

on a slightly unrelated note, when i replace my 3 STR/crit gems with STR/haste, my DPS only goes up by 1. i thought it would go up higher.

edit: i just did a freakish thing, completely removed kahorie's, reinstalled it with the download link from EJ and rearmoried my character. tried to change my trinket to DMC:G, and the proc did not refresh...

edit2: oh god, i went to the silverlight online version, and greatness card is not even implemented there! the horror! but seriously?
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2010-08-01 at 06:44 PM. Reason: THE HORROR!

so ?

your trying to hard man, just focus on actualy gearing up before simming etc. greatness is a good start :P
    your sim is oblviousy broken. try this one out. www.askmrrobot.com is a good one.
    10str 10 haste is better for unholy, with more than 1 dps :P
    Last edited by Deathmoan; 2010-08-02 at 10:15 PM.

With your current gear, and lack of a proc weapon, it is no surprise str/haste only comes out 1 dps ahead. General idea is that without 4pc t10/a proc weapon (Bryntroll) you want to spec reapingless blood sub spec (17/0/54). With that in mind it would be better to gem for str/crit.

white hit damage scales quite well with gear (necrosis and blood caked blade) and becomes a larger percent of your damage in high end gear then when your in 232 gear.
    haste scales well with this (and also reduces the global cd on your IT and DC's which has a minor effect) where as crit sort of bottoms out and becomes less and less valuable once you get a decent amount.
    Last edited by patrins; 2010-08-03 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    i don't think you guys have simmed my gear. i have (before my sim broke). subfrost consistently came out above subblood.

teamrobot sims subfrost for me for 7601 DPS and subblood for 7554 DPS. that's a 50 DPS difference (do note that i personally prefer 2/2 IUP).

I think you are putting too much reliance on your sim

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hmm.. I cannot set a no-trinket option on the sim. Are you sure you have one trinket "empty" when you add the passive stat + average stat from on-use?
    "Sharing is caring".. But I don't care!

Deleted
    no, i have manually added a trinket to the items.xml file (or whatever it's called), using the template from DBW. since i could not add the proc, i have changed the stats to the 49 average you get from using the trinket on CD. then i have loaded my char and replaced DBW (which is in the place of the unsupported trinket) with the trinket i just made.

problem is that when i try to do that with greatness card, the proc does not appear in the "Trinkets" section of the summary. i can't manually select it as well.