Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Syrra frowned a moment, looking at what she could only consider was some sort of makeshift guard, wrinkled her nose up a bit, sighed, and tried to control the impatience in her voice:

My name, as I said before, is Syrra from the House of..of Coventry. I need to speak with Lady Liadrin. It's important.

She punctuated her final words, glaring at the man, but was careful to keep her hands spread a bit to her sides, palms down. Her longswords were still in their stays, but they were unclasped, ready to be drawn at a moment's notice.

Do you need me to speak the words slower? I can if I must, but I have information she may want to pass along to whoever is managing this...this mess...

She stared coldly at the knight, not a muscle twitching as she awaited his response.

The guard looked blankly at the woman, contemplating what she said.

Hmmm, if you're he..he...here to help, then she is this way, miss....Coventry...

He lead her through the sanctum's arched doorway, perfectly perpendicular to the constantly moving diagram of the stars above. Lady Liadrin looked over to see lerytth bringing in an Elf, tall, but something irked Liadrin's mind, this Elf wasn't right.

My name is Lady Liadrin, I am stationed as the general of the very diminished forces here in the Ghostlands, I see you are....Coventry....may I ask kindly what you are doing here?

Liadrin said, trying not to get angry at this....Elf thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Syrra was careful to not make any sudden movements. She'd been in similar situations before, though not with someone she once called "her people". She paused a moment to consider the woman before her. She half-smiled as she took a breath to speak. She did her best to keep her tone even and non-accusatory, but winced ever slightly as the words slipped from her mouth:

It seems to me that the supposed allies of Silvermoon have abandoned her. Not only that, it looks to me as though they've taken with them anyone who could properly defend her even if those...

Everyone present could hear the sudden seething in her voice as she continued:

Forsaken...

She spat the word out, the detestation visible on her face:

guards hadn't been here.

She took a beep breath and a moment to calm herself. She looked around briefly before refocusing on the general before her.

I don't think anyone in my family has ever hidden the fact that they supported the former alliance with the kingdoms of humans. The movements and actions of the Horde on this day, I think, show that they cannot be trusted.

She paused and stared at Lady Liadrin, waiting for some type of visible cue as to her thoughts on the matter of Silvermoon's present predicament and allegiances.

Lady Liadrin looked at her, and with hesitation, looking around the sanctum, and particularly at the small indent in the wall.

Miss Coventry, despite us being complete strangers, I see the fire in your eyes, they seethe crimson in hatred. We too feel let down, and abandoned. I would love to show you something, if you don't mind.

She said, walking towards the ramp to the second level.

If you don't mind, Miss Coventry, I would love for you to follow. Dawningsun, keep working on "The Plan".

Yes, my lady.
    ((No, this is not a trap, something is watching us. ))
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Syrra nods and after a slight hesitation, follows the general.

((Syrra's been with Silvermoon since before they became allied with the Horde...she has no immediate reason to distrust Lady Liadrin.))

((Edit: Oh! And if she's ever eaten at the Wayfarer's Rest in the city-proper, she's likely tasted Syrra's signature mead-braised Caribou!))

((Mmmmmmm, sounds tasty!))

Miss, Coventry, if I may ask, what is your full name? I want to know who I am disclosing this.....information to...

Liadrin asked inquisitively.
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Syrra squinted her eyes a moment, then her face softened a bit. Smiling slightly, she at last responded:

Miss...

She looked away, a strange expression crossing her face, somewhere between sadness and anger. She composed herself once more and turned back to the general, resuming the demeanor she carried as the general had first spoke her question.

My name is Syrra Coventry of the House of Coventry. Operators of the Wayfarer's Rest as well as commissioned stone, wood, and metal crafters. Please don't mistake my family's service to the kingdom of Quel'Thalas as an inability to serve as a blade for her people.

Syrra noted the general taking stock of her form and how it differed from the norm of the Blood Elves and even High Elves. Self-consciously, she shot a hand to her ear, brushing the hair back to show their meager tips as being almost non-existent compared to the others around the region.

And yes...

She blurted out quickly.

I'm a half-breed. But my loyalties are to the people of this kingdom, and NOT to any king or regent...

She was about to continue, but then thought better of it and snapped her mouth shut.

Liadrin smiled.

Your meat-braised caribou are simply to die for!

Her face went serious again.

The Forsaken are marching into Gilneas as we speak, our soldiers are dying because of the greedy warcheif. We cannot let our society fall apart. We have many high-ranking officials in Silvermoon because there has been great unrest there, as there are five-twelve guards total in the Eversong area. About fifty are stationed throughout these infested, putrid land. We do not want to give the impression to the rest of the Horde that we are happy.

She suddenly moved close to Syrra, and quickly whispered.

There are Forsaken spies downstairs, they are clocked by the dents in the wall, I could not say much while they were watching.

She pulled away, and continued walking.

We plan on taking the Civilians and demanding our troops to the Warcheif. He will hopefully listen to us in numbers.

((This is her greatest flaw))
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Syrra nods solemnly, then looks about the room. She quickly turns her head back, smiles wickedly, and half opens her arms in an offered embrace...

((tempting to god-mode this part, but I'll refrain...))

((God mode with whom I may ask? If it's the Forsaken assassins, I can do that part, or you can, makes no difference ))
    Best of 5 years!

((Sorry, misread =/, what is the main thing you want me to do with her so I don't screw it up.))
    Best of 5 years!

Ryker surveyed the angry protestors who had taken up throwing rocks and trash at his men. Ryker yelled into the megaphone again.

"RETURN TO YOUR HOMES OR WE WILL TAKE ACTION!" The protestors continued to pelt his men with trash and stones angering him even further. Before he was able to yell another threatening message a blob of gunk the size of a mans fist landed on his shoes, ruining them.

"You bastards!!" Ryker screamed at the crowd.

"Beat them down! Show them we mean business!" Ryker yelled at his troops who immediately charged. The bruisers slammed into the protesters causing mayhem and many to retreat. The crowed began to gather again pushing back into the wall of goblins.

"WHAM!" The sound of the gun pierced the air, temporarily stopping the mayhem.

"GET BACK TO YOUR HOMES OR WE WILL USE LETHAL FORCE!" Ryker yelled through the megaphone as he held the smoking gun above his head. Bloodelves began scattering back to their homes and back towards town giving the goblins a brief respite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    ((Sorry, misread =/, what is the main thing you want me to do with her so I don't screw it up.))
    ((lol Sorry...thought it was obvious...Liadrin's made it known that there were spies watching but is interested in hearing what she has to say... Personally, If I was running her as a god-mode, I'd have her say something like "Welcome home, sister. We are thankful for your offer of aid" and offer to return the embrace))

Deleted
    "Ryker," said Morpheus "The Horde's riot ender in front of me, eh. Won't you turn towards the one who is talking to you? Turning your back is not polite, you know."

Liadrin smiled, and hugged Syrra.

You may be only half Blood Elf, but we welcome any help during this retrenchment of troops.

She looked up.

Welcome home.

((It was fairly obvious but 3hrs of sleep, and work all day. I am exhausted.))
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Syrra wraps her arms around Liadrin... Slowly, a burning sensation fills her hands as they slowly twist and contort, her nails slowly transforming and growing into thick, hard claws. She grasps Liadrin tightly, bring her lips to the general's ears as her now-claws imprint themselves in the knight's back (Fix'd!). She begins to whisper in her ear:

Now is the time, if ever there was, to reach out to the human kingdoms once again, dear... They are, right now I am sure, poised to either strike or watch us fall...and you know as well as I do that if Kael'thas hadn't betrayed their trust before, they would have not left us to our own devices... You know that the quel'dorei...and make no mistake that we are all, you, me, and the rest here, are not of Kael'thas' twisted ilk, but of the quel'dorei..

She paused a moment, gripping the general tighter, holding her still:

I have, for the past few weeks since finding out what I truly am, been living with our kaldorei brothers and sisters... I can tell you that they are ready to reconsider their orders of banishment. I have been living with one of Tyrande's priestesses...and the people there are burning for a reconnection since their loss of immortality.

Syrra paused to try to get a sense of the general's reaction. After sensing no attempt to pull away, she kissed her on the cheek and continued:

Your lack of fighting me off tells me that you are at least considering the option...? I cannot stay here long...I was barely tolerated here for what I am before my family's death...Now I press my luck even being here.

Syrra slowly calms and relaxes, the heat dissipating from her hands as they slowly shift back to normal. She fought the pain as best as she could, only letting out the smallest of anguished sounds from behind her gritted teeth. She pulled back from the general and looked deeply into her eyes before releasing her and standing back at arm's length from the woman, half-expecting to be ordered under arrest.

((if you've read anything about Syrra...you know how...free...she is with women... Something about her is often times found to be other-worldly enticing, beyond what many she sets her sights on might consider. Just fair warning...if you feel uncomfortable with her direction, please PM me))

10+ Year Old Account
    Muradin stood in the Wall of Stormwind next to the Gryphon's roost. The Skybreaker was hovering next to the wall with a a steady stream of soldiers heading into it carrying supplies, making ready for the assault on Silvermoon.
    "Come on Lads! Get yer backs into this! King Wrynn ordered this ship manned and supplied for an aerial assault and I want it ready five minutes ago!" The soldiers began to pick up their pace.

Vetreth Morrowdawn stood on the top deck of the Skybreaker, looking at the view of The Valley of Heroes. He had not seen it from this angle before.
    Behind him the soldiers were making final preparations for leaving.
    Muradin clibed on board. "All right lads! Let's go kick some elf behind!"

The Skybreaker rose into the sky. The Alliance assault had begun.

Liadrin smiled, the reaction startling at best. She smiled when the embrace ended, and her eyes perked up.

Do not think for a moment that we have not considered what you have brought up. It's a gambit with even our own kind anymore, as we seem to be on multiple battlefronts.

She turned, and touched a painting of Tranquillien in it's glory days.

Our Kaldorian ancestors must first discuss this 'Reconnection' of sorts with us. We cannot just blindly reconnect with a key Alliance race without seeing where...our....errrr, true loyalties lie. Please discuss this with them, and tell them:

The golden gate of opportunity comes when dawn meets dusk, and night becomes day. Vessels will be bestowed upon thy harbor at the time, and all Elves shall be free.

She turned around.

Your priestess will know what that means.

She paused, then stated.

You better be off then, we have, 'meetings', with our spies below, and we must report to Sylvannas in Lordaeron.

Take your leave quickly, but not through the front, take the back stairwell. Adéu, Miss Syrra Coventry.

She said, beginning to slowly walk don the stairs, hope in her eye.

((The poem means at X time, our back harbor is open))
    Best of 5 years!

((Syrra, you can go any way about this story as you wish. I have no objection to anyone's writing styles, since it tends to make it more different, and rather interesting. Also, Liadrin isn't a ranger, she's the Blood Knight Matriach. Lastly, sorry I've sort of been gone for a day, so adding some now...))

Valeth now wandered down the darkened streets of Silvermoon City. There was practically chaos around every corner, with the last remaining Blood Knights attempting to halt the unrest. He travelled up the stair cases in the Court of the Sun, eventually reaching the enterance of the Sunfury Spire. It oddly looked more deserted as it had before, with only two Silvermoon Royal Guards left to protect the spire. As he passed either, they didn't acknowledge him.

He then entered the building, looking up the staircase to the left, which led to the Royal Study. Due to the sound coming from it, it was obvious that it was where Lor'themar was. Attempting to make as little noise as possible, he entered the Magister's Library. To Valeth's surprise, there was an unexpected visitor sitting with Rommath: Astalor Bloodsworn.

"Hello there Grand Magister, I was hoping that I could have a private conversation with you.", said Valeth, in a calm, yet serious tone.

"I know why you're here, Dusksworn. Astalor has informed me of the matters at hand. Lor'themar is going about these issues well, and you would be a fool to stand against us. The scholars have joined the Regent Lord, and most of my Magisters are on their way to the Ghostlands now.", replied Rommath.

"How could you be so foolish Rommath? You know as well as I do that this is the wrong way to go about things!".

"Silence Valeth!", snapped Astalor. "Guards! Take away this cretin, and throw him onto the streets. He is no longer permitted entry to the spire.".

Immediately, the two guards ran in, and siezed Valeth. He was dragged out, and thrown onto the streets. As they returned to their duties, he dusted himself off, and stood back up. "Valeth? What's happened?", someone shouted behind him. The voice was unknown to him, but with the nearby commotion, it was hard to make out who it was.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2010-08-03 at 02:19 PM.