Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    anything with vehicles, (IoC, SotA)

Quote Originally Posted by The Twlight destroyer View Post
    Battle for Gilenas isnt replaceing anything The BGs of the last XPs die just like Eye of the storm was forgotten in WoLTK but yea Isle of conquest nobody even uses it anymore
    Wut?

Strand of the Ancients, no doubt about it.

Strand of The Ancients and Isle of Conquest. Those siege BGs are just fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sota ! Begone !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hnngh View Post
    Strand of The Ancients and Isle of Conquest. Those siege BGs are just fucking stupid.
    ^ This. Que'ing for a random BG, to get 25 arena points daily is quite the pain with SotA & IoC. Neither of those BGs are fun, even when my side does win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    None

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Why? SotA is quite fun...
    I honestly can't find anything fun about Player vs. Wall.
    Casual Vs. Hardcore?
    It's a false dichotomy, premised on a noobish attempt at a dialectic argument, whereby people can vent their various prejudices by creating what's known as a "straw man" against which to contrast their theoretically superior moral character.

10+ Year Old Account
    both wotlk battlegrounds
    ....................................................................................

Sota , it sux like hell, too little pvp on a pvp area... hahaha

SotA IoC...nuff said

Vehicle vs. Wall is not my imagination of PvP really...

10+ Year Old Account
    Strand of the Ancients, why make another Player vs Siege when we have Wintergrasp already.

Isle is cool, I like it

just get rid of all pvp already.

10+ Year Old Account
    definitely SoTA.

and we all want old Av back of course =)

AV. It's not even a battleground anymore, its a zerg to the pve encounter at the end. Everybody just runs right by each other, takes the towers and graveyards, rushes to end general and just hopes the towers they took fall first so they can zerg the boss. I have tried to put the pvp back into AV by going to back cap with a group of 5 or 6 people, and have had some great moments with that, but we often get screamed at "why aren't you up at boss retards!?!?". Sigh... AV isn't even a real BG anymore... I say drop it or revert it back to what it used to be. Old AV... now THAT was a battleground.

And Strand of the Ancients is not player vs wall. That's a fail argumtent. Its:

1. Siege VS Wall VS Turret trying to stop you from breaking down wall.
    2. Player VS Siege VS Enemy player trying to stop you from killing siege.

There is more pvp going on in there than you're probably willing to admit, as you're clearly bitter about it. Players keeping the sieges from being destroyed, players fighting over graveyards, and the defending team falling back to where they need to be. Its a massive brawl. So while the sieges are certainly used to take down the walls, the key point of the map, the actual player vs player action is tll there and extremely dominant.

If you're in games where there is no player vs player, people are all just standing around and not defending properly, that's not the maps fault.

Bad rounds, lots of losses =/= bad map.
    Bad rounds, lots of losses = bad players, bad communication, people not caring.

SOTA for the love of God!

99% of the frustration a BG can inspire is due you own team inability to function as a team and to understand objectives, not the bg design.

None of them should be removed, maybe polished:
    -WSG: When the number of healers attending the flag carrier is 3 or more, take down him requires your team severely outgear or outnumber his defense. Also, I lately see a trend were teams decide to not capture a flag and instead hold it, waiting the other team turtled in their base, for easy honor farm. Geez...I have even seen a match where an alliance team did that with the first flag they took, and the match ended 0/0 due timeout.
    -AB: I see no fail in this BG.
    -AV: Didn't know the original AV, but I would like to. As of it is now, it is interesting pre 80, where people has actually to put up a defense in order to win , but at 80 it turns into a boring rush fest. As a mostly Horde player, I also remark that the architect who designed the defense towers and walls horde side must be fired due severe incompetence. And that the archers that defend such towers must sign up to the same academy their alliance counterparts did.
    -EotS: It is like AB, but the flag and the even number of bases make for more dynamics matches. (And unfortunately, for a dramatic increase in the number of players that "do not understand priorities" for the lack of a better and not insulting term)
    -SotA: Paladins should not be able to defuse the bombs while bubbled. Apart from that, I do not understand the hate with this BG. The tanks work in the same way as flag carriers in wsg, you defend them or nuke them depending on your side to help\prevent them to reach its destination and do their job.
    -IoC: It is a cool designed BG, and the gating system to prevent rush fests like AV is great. Only drawback is that I only can play it in random BGs, because the brutally long queues.
    Last edited by fushio; 2010-08-03 at 11:51 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SotA

Deleted
    Im not too fussed about any BGs being removed, but I would like mounts removed in WsG