Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question The Cataclysm Gold Sink?

What do you think the new cataclysm gold sink will be? (if you do not know what a gold sink is, it is an item/ability that does not directly influence the game but can be very useful or fun. Such as the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, Cold Weather Flying, Polymorph: Black Cat, Reins of the Red Drake ect.) So what do you expect the next gold sink to be and how much it will cost?

Whale shark underwater mount.

True story.

How was cold weather flying a gold sink? Its essential to be able to fly for alot of zones + their quests.

I wouldn't doubt something dumb like OLD WEATHER FLYING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to Basic Flying!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayven View Post
    How was cold weather flying a gold sink? Its essential to be able to fly for alot of zones + their quests.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Loaned_Gryphon_Reins

Every zone except Scholozar, Icecrown and Storm peaks can be traversed via ground mount, for those three there is the loaned gryphon. But this thread is not an argument over the usefulness of Cold Weather Flight. Please troll somewhere else.

It's most likely going to be a mount - more specifically the floatie horse aquatic mount as seen in the goblin starting zone.

Edit: Seriosuly though, probably a mount and perhaps some jewelry (like the dal rings (or are they neclaces? D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayven View Post
    1000 gold is a gold sink apparently. But I could see that if someones leveling 200 alts or something.

Gold sink. Probably some fun little item that will annoy the crap out of you like the train did/does.

Volcano
    1 hour CD
    Summon a small Volcano science experiment that puts flames on everyone in a 50 yard radius. Being on fire makes you scream randomly.

I got my gold saved up for whatever crazy mount they have this time though, hopefully it's just as useful as the Traveler's Mammoth.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazmyth View Post
    That doesn't even make sense.... and blizz already said they probably wouldn't require a skill to be bought, just hit the right level. And cold weather flying wasn't a money sink...it has a direct influence on the game in a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Old Weather Flying

Laser shark! true story.

if nothing else one of the gold sinks will be reforging. Ever since it was revealed that it will be done through a vendor like interface and cost the vendor value of the item you wish to reforge it will be a small yet not insignificant gold sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaware View Post
    Old Weather Flying
    *sigh* I hate trolls.... and I play one....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overwelm View Post
    That doesn't even make sense.... and blizz already said they probably wouldn't require a skill to be bought, just hit the right level. And cold weather flying wasn't a money sink...it has a direct influence on the game in a way.
    iirc, there was a blue post saying they may add something that makes your flying mount go even faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Desimar View Post
    What do you think the new cataclysm gold sink will be? (if you do not know what a gold sink is, it is an item/ability that does not directly influence the game but can be very useful or fun. Such as the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, Cold Weather Flying, Polymorph: Black Cat, Reins of the Red Drake ect.) So what do you expect the next gold sink to be and how much it will cost?
    Cold Weather Flying is in no way a "Gold Sink" as it's necessary to fly while in Northrend. Epic flying can be consider one but not Cold Weather Flying. Places like Uld and Naxx require Cold Weather Flying to access if u don't have summon available. As far as the Gold Sink of Cata there will be a new Engineering Mount (hopefully multi-passenger flying) and probably the "One Hump" Camel. There is already an acheivement for it and they will probably be the new pack animals of Cata like Mammoths where for WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Multi-passenger underwater mammoth with vendors. Its proboscis will always stay above the water level so it can breathe. The deeper you swim, the longer it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Cold Weather Flying is in no way a "Gold Sink" as it's necessary to fly while in Northrend. Epic flying can be consider one but not Cold Weather Flying. Places like Uld and Naxx require Cold Weather Flying to access if u don't have summon available. As far as the Gold Sink of Cata there will be a new Engineering Mount (hopefully multi-passenger flying) and probably the "One Hump" Camel. There is already an acheivement for it and they will probably be the new pack animals of Cata like Mammoths where for WotLK.
    Please refer to my post above. This is how I felt when I read your post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX161ulHrSA

Quote Originally Posted by Hazmyth View Post
    Witty

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desimar View Post
    Please refer to my post above. This is how I felt when I read your post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX161ulHrSA
    the point is 1,000 gold is hardly a "gold sink". mechano hog, tundra mammoth, old pali and warlock epic ground mounts, THOSE were gold sinks. not a 1,000g ability to fly in a new continent.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaware View Post
    Old Weather Flying
    You sir are a comic GENIUS!! WHY!?!? WHY ARE YOU NOT ON COMEDY CENTRAL!?! WHY!??! YOU SIR DESERVE A PRIZE

On a related note please after this post DO NOT POST ABOUT: COLD WEATHER FLYING, OLD WEATHER FLYING, NORMAL WEATHER FLYING, HOT WEATHER FLYING, OR ANY OTHER TROLLING COMMENT THAT HAS AN ADJECTIVE FOLLOWED BY "WEATHER FLYING"