Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hogger, He gave me me eyepatch too, Bout time i get my revenge on de bastard! I'm comin for ya m8y! >:O

Quote Originally Posted by pbean View Post
    Are you mad? Those elementals look bad-ass!!! Compare these to the current elemental models in the game and to models from more recent, modern games and you'll quickly realize how good these look! Also, those "legs" are arms....

PS.
    Do I see a new feature of the quest log in that Hogger quest screenshot? It has a picture of Hogger to the right of it with "No one can defeat him". Is that part of the (new) quest log or just something else?
    It's part of the new Quest UI, to help people identify exactly who they need to kill.

It happens for pretty much all kill quests (and maybe more?).

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    What about "or now, in Cataclysm, we are just sharing even more of the buffs and debuffs across a wide gamut, especially very powerful ones like Bloodlust and Battle Rez"

Someone else is gaining Brez ? Which class, did I miss that ?
    I saw that too...I can't think of who else would be getting it.

I have Heard That they are reworking the "b-rez" already in possession of the Warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pbean View Post
    Do I see a new feature of the quest log in that Hogger quest screenshot? It has a picture of Hogger to the right of it with "No one can defeat him". Is that part of the (new) quest log or just something else?
    You can see a lot of that feature in action here in this Full of Spoilers thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaerix View Post
    Overall, I see what this guy means when he says that Word of Glory is insanely gimpy. If you really need the healing, something's wrong with either you or your healers as a tank shouldn't NEED to heal himself to survive. That's a job for people that aren't the tank.
    You dont see the point about new healing system. Healers mana will run out so if a tank can use something to help healers saving some mana why not?
    A good tank in cata in my opinion will do all he can to avoid a decente healer run out of mana.
    The healing spam is over. Now healer have to save mana when they can. Dps bring bandages, tanks mitigate all damage you can!

p.s. hope so. hate this spam system and the "healer wast your infinite mana on me while im doing 14k dps on this void zone!" or "I'm a 70khp tank and I dont need CDs to survive so never used a CD and dont care about mitigate some damage because the job of healer is heal all dmg I take, dont care how"

Quote Originally Posted by Aramos View Post
    Love the elementals. On a side note I nearly shit myself when Casey was speaking about R.A Salvatore creating the world for the new MMO. Anyone else a fan of R.A Salvatore or the Dark Elf Trilogy?
    drizzt do'urden > all

he can hit saurfang 9001 times before he cleaves !

Deleted
    Yay, new elemental models! I luv them! Yet still it doesn't explain how do they bleed actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binion View Post
    I saw that too...I can't think of who else would be getting it.
    Warriors ofc :P

Invigorating shout:

Your terrifying roar of battle is strong enough to even wake the dead.

Brings a dead target back to life with 40% HP and 20% Mana :O

15+ Year Old Account
    The new elementals look sick.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ SW()eath
    I've got a golden ticket.

So... Hes back. We all feared this would happen. We all feared that this insane uber hard gnoll which makes Chuck Norris pee himself would set foot in our path again.

We are all doomed friends... Hogger.. Has returned. /shiver

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Believe me, I have thought long and hard about scrapping the entire buff / debuff system because players focus on it too much. But I know that if we did that, players would then focus too much on damage per second and healing per second of the best players out there.
    ...wait ... what? Because god knows most of the playerbase, when assembling a raid, goes "Yanno, Phil, we need a Warlock for Curse of Elements."

"Great idea, Ted! Should we give two wet farts about how much damage he can do?"

"Hell no! What do I look like, a developer? All we need is for some schmoe in greens to toss CoE up, then he can die."

"Okeedokee, Ted! /trade LF1 Warlock for ICC25, must have CoE on actionbar, PST with screenshot of UI".

...of course, that's blown blatantly out of proportion, but I enjoy mocking GC at every available opportunity. It's part of the Shaman class description. We've been passed over so many times (/sunglasses) our next tier set should include a yarmulke (/YYYYEEEEAAAAHHH).

On a more serious note though. 2 things.

Is it just me, or do the elementals get a lot of updates? The vanilla ones got changed in wotlk. (Not sure about those in TBC), and now they get new updates again. Dont get me wrong. I think they look very very cool. Just wondering.

And second.. Arent it about time we get new Gnoll models? Make Hogger look a bit more bad ass, so people might begin to take him just a tad more serious. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawwah View Post
    On a more serious note though. 2 things.

Is it just me, or do the elementals get a lot of updates? The vanilla ones got changed in wotlk. (Not sure about those in TBC), and now they get new updates again. Dont get me wrong. I think they look very very cool. Just wondering.

And second.. Arent it about time we get new Gnoll models? Make Hogger look a bit more bad ass, so people might begin to take him just a tad more serious. :P
    The WLK ones are called revenants and they are different type of elementals. Those bound and unbound are most likely another type of elementals. What's the difference between revenants and the regular elementals, we've previously seen? Revenants are lesser kind of elementals and for an example, in-game, fire elemental is immune to fire, fire revenant doesn't mitigate fire damage at all.

So many nerds are going to squeal with joy about that terribly tired overused hogger bit.

Now there is even less incentive to play a resto druid in cataclysm. They are giving out our Battle Rez to some other class. I hope it's not another healer. I can understand if priests get it. But if shaman or paladins get it, this will be a disgrace having in mind how much utility they bring already.

I don't like the whole sharing is caring when it comes to buffs, I mean it is much easier to have a buff bot that always gets in raids than spreading all the buffs around the table so you get as many as possible at no additional cost in terms of dps/healing/tanking.

Brb going to roll a shammy/pally cause they are obviously getting all the new toys, whereas trees are left behind...

About the brezz.

Last thing i read was they are reworking the soulstone mechanic from locks so it can be cast on dead ppl to and they can ress the dead.

Elemetals look awesome, and ill be going back to the stockades a lot to kill that damn gnoll!

Elwynn Forest was merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by The Last DJ View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Believe me, I have thought long and hard about scrapping the entire buff / debuff system because players focus on it too much. But I know that if we did that, players would then focus too much on damage per second and healing per second of the best players out there.
    ...wait ... what? Because god knows most of the playerbase, when assembling a raid, goes "Yanno, Phil, we need a Warlock for Curse of Elements."

"Great idea, Ted! Should we give two wet farts about how much damage he can do?"

"Hell no! What do I look like, a developer? All we need is for some schmoe in greens to toss CoE up, then he can die."

"Okeedokee, Ted! /trade LF1 Warlock for ICC25, must have CoE on actionbar, PST with screenshot of UI".

...of course, that's blown blatantly out of proportion, but I enjoy mocking GC at every available opportunity. It's part of the Shaman class description. We've been passed over so many times (/sunglasses) our next tier set should include a yarmulke (/YYYYEEEEAAAAHHH).
    Assuming that they balance raid balance around trade pugs is pretty fail. Any kind of none retarded guild does focus on picking the better raid set up for buffs and debuffs going in to it.