Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

3 hour ban for PVP exploitation

Hi, at the weekend I played a lot of PVP. It was in AV, as it was the weekend, but on sunday morning at about 2am I got a 3 hour ban for exploitation. Now, I have never ever hacked or tried to and I'm confused as to why I got this ban. I've been alt-tabbing out of game sometimes when defending for example and sometimes got marked afk and removed from the battleground. Is that why I got banned? Doesn't seem like exploitation to me.

Thanks again MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we're hearing the full story.

And it's a 3 hour ban jeez, go see a movie or something.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I don't think we're hearing the full story.
    I'm going to agree with you on that.

theres always 2 sides to a story

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arathull View Post
    theres always 2 sides to a story
    No there isnt there 9 =/

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I wanted the Burning Legion Faction

I went on answered the questions didnt think id get it by what i was picking, i got the burning legion faction.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you were continuously AFK'ing in BGs, then that alone would warrant the ban.

You're ruining others enjoyment for the sake of your effort, and the fact that you continue to do it after the first few times shows that it doesn't bother you.

And as others have said, I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the full story, but the AFK'ing alone is ban-worthy as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

3 hour ban?

God forbid you will have to sleep rather than play WoW rite

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no other side to the story, like I say, I got afk'd out a few times whilst being tabbed out.

Are you one of those kids trying with a macro saying '' /e has reported you for being afk, to be unflagged please type /afk '' or something like that (don't remember the exact macro).

If yes, its a bannable offense.

Otherwise, i don't know. Blizzard rarely ever ban without a reaosn, so going to agree with others saying we didn't hear the whole story. Anyway just take a look at you e-mails, they usualy send one with the exact reason why you got banned.

Alt-tabbing and being AFK in bg's is worth a ban in my opinion. When you're in a bg, you pvp.

If you wanna alt-tab and be afk, go stand in Dalaran or any other boring place.

Are you this guy?

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....50268256&sid=1

Either way, you'll find your answer if you read the whole topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Alt-tabbing and being AFK in bg's is worth a ban in my opinion. When you're in a bg, you pvp.

If you wanna alt-tab and be afk, go stand in Dalaran or any other boring place.
    While i agree to an extent, they don't even ban bots lol ,so kinda doubt they will start banning ''alt-tabbing'' people.

Alt tabbing ban worthy? That's lol. Defending is boring, Especially in AV. I would reread why you got banned and come back to us, they usually have the reason to why.

If you get afk'd out multiple times and reported it can be considered exploiting because this is how it plays out for blizzard.

Blizzard thinks that you are exploting by not playing and just farming honor. Being afk'd out once is fine but a few times is considered exploiting as you are just trying to get honor without playing. Its obvious, you admitted to not playing even on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, shouldn't be any ban for alt-tabbing as theres nothing wrong with it and there is a anti-afk system already in place. However, it is only a 3 hour ban just take it and go do something else for 3 hours.

If your worried that this ban will be showing up on your record and cause you more likely to receive harsher penalties/suspensions/bans in the future then it might be worth repealing, but honestly it is nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 hour ban? Go outside.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maledictum View Post
    Are you this guy?

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....50268256&sid=1

Either way, you'll find your answer if you read the whole topic.
    Yeah, thats pretty much my problem spot on actually. For those telling me to go get a life etc I understand its a 3 hour ban and I was about to go get some shut eye anyway. For the record I know I wasn't playing and deserved to be kicked out on afk, I wasn't bitching just wanted an explanation. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Are you one of those kids trying with a macro saying '' /e has reported you for being afk, to be unflagged please type /afk '' or something like that (don't remember the exact macro).

If yes, its a bannable offense.

Otherwise, i don't know. Blizzard rarely ever ban without a reaosn, so going to agree with others saying we didn't hear the whole story. Anyway just take a look at you e-mails, they usualy send one with the exact reason why you got banned.
    Will bliz do anything to these kind of people? Seen it happen to a few other people.

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't have to list every possible way in which you can "exploit" the game in the T&C. You wouldn't be the first person to be punished for AFKing in Bgs. I think it is when it happens multiple, repeated times in a short space of time, don't forget they can then check your log for what other actions you're taking in the BG and ascertain if you're just occasionally moving to get rid of the flag, or if you were genuinely playing and just had to get the phone.

It's not an exploit to get AFKed out because you had to go do something, it could be considered an exploit to act with the intention of gaining honor but not actually playing, how they'd assess this would be overall behaviour in the bgs along with how many flags in a short space of time.

They obviously don't consider that you were using an auto bot or anything or it would be worse than a 3 hour ban, but the logs must suggest that you did not intend to play and were trying to "exploit" the honor system to get free stuffs.

Try not to alt tab in bgs.. if you don't actually want to be in that bg playing then don't enter it.

Oh no 3 hour ban.............

Okay, move on.
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar