Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pft, I got that for cussing out an AV.

In my defense, they REALLY deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    They give out 3 hour bans? How ineffective.
    Advertisement in sigs now...sigh, yay Adblock

You really slit your wrist and jumped into the Troll Riding a Shark Tank. Theyre everywhere.

If you were alt tabbed long enough to be voted afk and even removed for it, you were alt tabbed a long time. Getting reported for this several times would be the reason for your ban.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    I've been alt-tabbing out of game sometimes
    stopped reading here

Well, here's the deal. AFKing in BG, no matter what the reason, is against the "rules" blizz has set up. It is however a relativly minor offense, thus you only get kicked out of the BG, kinda a warning to show that this kind of behavious is not right. If you keep repeatedly ignore these warnings however, it shows blizz that you do not care and thus the warning will have to be increased. Thus the 3 hour ban. Be sure tho, that if this doesn't stop you either, odds are it'll result in a permaban sooner or later.

Deleted
    You got banned for AFKing in a BG, deal with it.

And nice 'defending', stopping many caps are you while fapping over something on youtube? :P

lol I got banned for 5 days because I play in korea due to being military. so take your 3 hours and smile, it could be worse for stupider reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Alt-tabbing and being AFK in bg's is worth a ban in my opinion. When you're in a bg, you pvp.

If you wanna alt-tab and be afk, go stand in Dalaran or any other boring place.
    I fully agree with this. You don't go to battlegrounds to go AFK while 39 other people are working their asses off to win the fight. Defending isn't quite that boring either with all those stealthing rogue and druid bastards around.

A ban of 3 weeks would be better for such selfish arseholes who apparently have zero respect towards their teammates.

If you know you're going to be AFK for longer than a minute or two, leave the BG.

If you get bored defending get a dual screen setup, so you can still see whats going on and react. You should not tab out, it makes you an instant kill and useless as a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I fully agree with this. You don't go to battlegrounds to go AFK while 39 other people are working their asses off to win the fight. Defending isn't quite that boring either with all those stealthing rogue and druid bastards around.

A ban of 3 weeks would be better for such selfish arseholes who apparently have zero respect towards their teammates.
    If you think 39 ppl are actually working their asses off you've obviously never played an Alterac Valley in your life. Its 75% Dipshits.

They should get banned too by some of your logic. Since they flat out suck and waste everybody else's time thats good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    If you think 39 ppl are actually working their asses off you've obviously never played an Alterac Valley in your life. Its 75% Dipshits.

They should get banned too by some of your logic. Since they flat out suck and waste everybody else's time thats good.
    It's a good thing they've got you there to lift them to victory!

3 hour ban is ridiculous, you and similar retards like you,
    should get brutal punishment for such behavior.
    alt tabbing while defending?
    How do you defend? By wanking on sexy girls' pics on facebook?
    Bigger than Life.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 2 A.M. and you get banned for 3 hours? Is that not a sign that you need to go to bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Are you one of those kids trying with a macro saying '' /e has reported you for being afk, to be unflagged please type /afk '' or something like that (don't remember the exact macro).

If yes, its a bannable offense.

Otherwise, i don't know. Blizzard rarely ever ban without a reaosn, so going to agree with others saying we didn't hear the whole story. Anyway just take a look at you e-mails, they usualy send one with the exact reason why you got banned.
    Out of pure curiosity, how can people say for sure that "Blizzard rarely ever bans with out reason" ?. Obviously, Blizzard isn't going to come out and say they ban people with out real reasoning. At the same time, people who come here who claim to have been banned for no reason (and maybe were) are shot down by people telling them they aren't telling the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by pattaz123 View Post
    There is no other side to the story, like I say, I got afk'd out a few times whilst being tabbed out.
    There is your problem right there. Quit wasting people's time in the bgs, and go back to your arenas.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

You can't be tabbed out. You have to be ACTIVELY trying to win.

Justifiable ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

I like this post so much.
    being bad should be bannable.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    There is your problem right there. Quit wasting people's time in the bgs, and go back to your arenas.
    calm down, bgs aren't serious.

Second edit: Even though this does nothing but say "Look at me I'm an asshole", A couple of buddies and I used to go into AV on our 70-ish alts to level up, but due to laziness we spent most of the time afking off the beaten trail off near some buildings thrown in just to build up the feel of "This is a battlefield", and to pass the time we'd report people that were on defense way back or just not immediately near horde, hoping they'd stop paying attention long enough to get afk'd out so we could take a cheap laugh. If we wound up doing this to the same person multiple times just by chance, they might be looking at a ban like the OP. Is that fair?
    Stop acting like you go into BGs to be ultra serious and that every win counts. Your time isnt that valuable.
    Last edited by Floreon; 2010-08-03 at 07:59 AM.

Your obviously no good at exploitations, try deleting your HS, grabbing the flag in WSG, standing on the entrance to the tunnel and using the auto unstuck to glitch to an unreachable zone between the tunnel and the graveyard.

its 3 hours

everything will be ok

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 08:07 AM ----------

your ban might be lifted now

i can safly say it is the full story.
    but thats just because i happen to me to.
    the reason you get a ban is because blizzard thinks your using a program or keybord macro to let you walk from time to time.
    this while bieing all from time to time.

just accept the ban and don't alt tap from time to time