Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must admit I laughed when I saw on one of your World of Logs logs, the two other holy Paladins (Not you), both had Judgement of Light as nr1 healing source on like every boss.
    Hi

I just read through this and being on your realm and knowing you for a long time I can only feel pity really. Honestly, it strikes me that there are still people believing this crap about Sp librams and speccing into the ret tree. I get laughed at on a weekly basis because I'm wearing the Libram of Renewal, with the argument that my 'GS is getting gimped'. I always chuckle when I inspect the people saying that to me wearing Frost badge librams, spirit gems, spirit leg patches and almost all mp5/crit items with abyssmal haste levels.

Obviously, you'll be getting the 'the raid stays alive so I must be doing something good', I've been there. Either said person is getting carried or is truly doing enough, but not what they CAN do. Personally, I don't gear towards 'enough' but more to 'what can I do to help my raid more in any situation?'

Obviously, the ICC buff has people believing they're really good while they're doing so many basic stuff wrong. I'm sure there's people like this on every realm, but it seems to be a large degree on our particular realm.

Quote Originally Posted by shesta View Post
    In my new guild, the two active holy paladins use the frost emblem libram: The libram of blinding light. HS on cooldown for spellpower. Personally I use the libram of renewal. One of those paladins is a FoL spammer and one a HL spammer, but both use this libram. I can think of no reason why.

Is there ANY decent theorycraft as to why to use this libram? They claim that, and I quote from our forums:

"They [paladins in top guilds] can spam HL cause of trinkets...it gives uber mana regen. And well it's not so easy to get them (at least I never seen Solace dropping).
    Libram of Renewal is good for HL spammers - but there is limit of how long You can spam it :<
    Pvp libram is yes, for FoL spammers - also FoL spammers should use more SP gems.
    Frosties libram is hybrid one - for pallies who combine HL and FoL in fight."

Personally I use a lot more HL than the other two paladins and my gear is worse, and I have shitty trinkets, and still don't go oom unless it's a very challenging heroic (and people are screwing up) so I'm not seeing the validity in this. However I'm willing to chance that they know something I don't, since they apparently read up on their class, and ask the very knowledgable player base here.

Thoughts?
    Not sure if this is the case here, but some people will always take the highest GS or iLevel no matter what. I think thats okay most of the time with armor, but GS should almost never apply to trinkets and librams. Ever. (IMO) =p

10+ Year Old Account
    To the one Holy Paladin who said his job is to heal the tanks and that's all he focuses on, I say this.

A good healer heals his assigned target(s) and makes sure they don't die.

An awesome healer heals his assigned target(s) and makes sure they don't die and helps the other healers with their job as often as possible. Would a resto shaman not put earth shield on the tank just because he's raid healing? Would a priest not use Guardian Spirit on a tank because he's healing the raid? Why wouldn't you want to spec into DS/DG to help reduce the damage on the raid while healing the tank?

I've seen these types of people before. They're free thinkers. They read they're talents, which is a good thing because most people don't anymore. Now while being a free thinker is not bad, this game still has a ton of math in it, and there are people with absolutely too much time on their hands to figure this stuff out for us. But they refuse to read this because they feel they have a grasp on the concept of their talent.

My guess is that they had a ret subspec while they were in heroics, because I can honestly say that's much better suited for heroics. But as you get into these higher end raids, most people notice that it's not about doing the highest amount of healing anymore, and it's about trying to reduce the damage taken to reduce the amount of healing actually needing to be done. These 2 paladins sound like the kind of people that would laugh at a disc priest's terribly low healing done, not realizing how important they are to a raid. They don't understand that reducing damage taken and absorbs are a more effective heal, because there's no overhealing and it costs less mana in the long run.

These free thinkers will believe up and down that they are right because they see intellect gives crit and that's all pallies gem for (with exception of meta activation) so they feel that the more crit they have the better, right? They don't see all crit they're getting from raid buffs and gear, which is more than enough. I say let them be, and if your guild doesn't make any progress soon, then app to another guild that has people that know what they're doing.

Tell them it's not 3.1 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shesta View Post
    I should note there, I don't believe in doing things "because Paragon do it" or whoever other top guild. I believe in doing things when there is good evidence in theorycrafting and user experience that it's the best way to go about things. :P
    I'd take a look at it but take it with a grain of salt. Paragon is a great raiding team. There is no special snowflakes in there.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently